(Clearwisdom.net) I am nearly 40 years old, and I am a Falun Dafa practitioner from Yuzhou City in Henan Province. I first learned of Falun Dafa in April 1998. In autumn 2002, I once again experienced the magnificence of Falun Dafa and the great benevolence of Teacher.

I was working in a small coal mine in a nearby county in the fall of 2002. One day, more than 10 workers and I were digging coal in an underground mine. Suddenly large areas of earth and rocks collapsed and fell onto my coworkers and me. I felt as if my head was crushed, but at that critical time, my mind was clear. I thought clearly, "I am a Dafa practitioner." I said aloud, "Teacher, please help me!" Then I lost consciousness.

I do not know how long it was before I was found. I was still alive when they dug me out, but I was severely injured. My entire body was blackened from the coal dust, and both of my eyes had been pushed out. My right eyelid, together with some of the surrounding areas on my face, was torn from my skull, and the open wounds had filled with coal dust. The muscles in my right thigh had been forced backward and up past my hip joint, forming a large knot on my buttock. Some of my coworkers had broken arms, broken legs, or broken ribs.

After I was rescued, I could see nothing: it was totally dark. The doctor said, "Your iris and pupil are facing into your head while the backs of your eyes have been pushed outward, in the opposite direction of where they should be." The doctor said that I needed to wait at least three months before an operation on my eyes could be attempted and that it would be impossible to regain my eyesight. The doctor cleaned the damaged eyelid and surrounding areas and sewed up my facial wounds but could do nothing about the knot of muscle on my buttock.

Once I awoke, I realized I was a practitioner. So I told the head of the coalmine and the doctor, "I am a Falun Dafa practitioner. My Teacher will help me, and I will be all right." I also insisted on getting out of the hospital. Both the head of the coalmine and the doctor were reluctant because my condition was so serious, so they refused. When I insisted on leaving the hospital, the head of the coalmine signed the paperwork, releasing me from the hospital to the mine to rest. After returning to the coalmine, thinking I was blind in both eyes and that this would cause trouble for those who had to look after me, I asked the head of the mine to give me some leave and money for travel so that I could go home to rest. The head of the mine was moved by the selflessness of Falun Gong practitioners, but he was also worried about my physical health. After I asking several times, he borrowed 100 yuan for me (he was already in debt) and sent me home by truck.

At home, I asked my wife to prepare Teacher's lecture tapes, and I kept listening to the lectures everyday. My wife had to work in the fields as well as look after me, so I asked her to just prepare the lecture tapes and the tape player before leaving for the fields. Thus, I was able to listen to Teacher's lectures every day. Less than one week passed when, one day after my wife returned from working in the fields, I told her with excitement that I could see some light. My wife looked at me closely. Previously both of my eyes had been white, but now she could see a bit of iris at the edges of my eyes. After two or three more days had passed, as I was listening to Teacher's lectures, I felt both of my eyes suddenly turn. I was able to see things clearly once again, and my eyesight was totally restored. At that moment, I knew I could never adequately express my gratitude toward Teacher, even if I used the most wonderful words in the world. I was in tears.

It suddenly came to me that I should not just listen to the Fa, but that I also needed to do the exercises. Although my right leg was so swollen that it was hard to even bend it, I was determined. I tried and managed to do the four sets of standing exercises, but the fifth one--the sitting meditation--was hard. I remembered that in Zhuan Falun Teacher said, "...you have to be sure to study the Law of high levels inside out and know how to cultivate, like learning all the five exercises together, and mastering them all." How could I just do the four standing exercises? I tried to cross the left leg first, and it worked. But crossing the right leg was so hard and so painful! Still, I was very determined. No matter what, I would cross the right leg, too! So with teeth clenched, I bore the pain and determinedly crossed the right leg. It was so painful that I instantly started to sweat profusely. I was wet as if I were in the midst of a rainstorm. It really hurt. In my heart, I was reciting Teacher's Fa, "It's hard to endure, but you can endure it. It's hard to do, but it can be done." I also told myself that, since my leg was crossed, I would not stop until I had finished the one-hour exercise. I stayed in that position for one hour. My clothing was drenched with sweat. After the exercise, I unconsciously reached back to massage the knot of muscle on my rear but did not feel it. I tried again; it was gone, totally gone! I was so moved that tears rolled down my cheeks and mingled with the sweat.

It sounds like a fairytale, but it is true. It is the magnificence of Dafa.

It only took about two weeks from the accident until I totally recovered. I regained my health. My eyesight returned and the injury to my right eyelid and surrounding areas recovered so well that there is hardly any scarring left. The knot of muscle on my buttock and the swelling in my right leg was also totally gone.

After I recovered, I immediately returned to the coalmine. The head of the mine, as well as those who knew what had happened, were all shocked to see me, "Are you really recovered?" The boss was still not convinced: "Come, walk around and let us have a look." I walked around naturally and showed them. The boss was stunned. With thumbs up he said, "Falun Dafa is good! Your Teacher is really extraordinary!"

My experience was passed from one person to another. Very soon all the mine workers and their families knew about it. They all said, "Falun Dafa is good!"

After my first day back at work, I took a shower. Since it was time to rest, in the dormitory I took out Zhuan Falun and started to study the Fa. Someone said, "Please do not be so selfish and just study by yourself. Why not read it aloud so that everyone can listen?" I immediately understood what that meant and started to read aloud so that everyone could study together. From then on, every day after work, whenever I picked up the book, I would read it aloud so that we could study it together. When I sometimes had to go home for family reasons, my colleagues did not allow me to take the book with me--they needed to study!

Later on that coal mine was shut down. I was unemployed, so I chose to work in another coal mine. I told my experience to everyone in my new workplace. Whenever I go to work in the mine, I always carry a large bottle of drinking water--not for me, but for my colleagues. In this way, everyone comes to know "Falun Dafa is good."

In the past few years, I have used different ways to validate the Fa. People in nearby villages know I am a Falun Dafa practitioner, and they know what happened to me. They also know that Falun Dafa practitioners are good people. They kindly call me "Falun Gong."

September 24, 2004