(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Sun Hongfei, a retired head nurse from Beijing, overcame cancer after she started practicing Falun Gong. But since the persecution began in July 1999, she was frequently persecuted by Jiang Zemin's followers. As a result, she passed away on April 10, 2002.

Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Sun Hongfei, 67, was from Paoju Community, Beixinqiao, Dongcheng District, Beijing City. Before she practiced Falun Gong, she had breast cancer. After the doctors removed the tumors from her breast, they found that the cancer had spread to her lymph nodes. She went through chemotherapy, radiation treatments, and took many anti-cancer drugs. Still, her physical condition did not improve. In 1996, she started to practice Falun Gong. Since then, she has not had to visit the hospital or take any more medication. She fully recovered from cancer and became healthy.

In July 1999, Jiang Zemin started a senseless persecution of Falun Gong practitioners. The police broke into Ms. Sun's home and abducted her, and took her to the Qiliqu Detention Center in Dongcheng District four times. She was detained in jail twice during the Chinese Spring Holidays of 2000 and 2001, while her husband, practitioner Mr. Wang Sili, was detained in jail four times during the Spring Holidays of 2000-2003.

At the end of August 2001, Ms. Sun went to her relative's home in the countryside to avoid further persecution. Police officer Zhou Fudong from the Beixinqiao police sub-station found out where she was staying, and he and eight other policemen drove a van to her relative's home to abduct her. They took her to the brainwashing center of Dongcheng District, controlled by the "610 Office." The directors of the "610 Office," Liang Jun and Su Guangjiao, tried for three weeks to force her to renounce her practice of Falun Gong by subjecting her to both physical and mental trauma. During the persecution in the brainwashing center, she could not get up due to injuries from the tortures. By the time she was released, she could not even care for herself.

On February 10, 2002, several policemen broke into her home for the sixth time to confiscate her personal belongs and abduct her husband. As a result, her physical condition worsened, especially after she learned that her husband was sentenced to a year and half of "re-education through forced labor" based on the excuse of "disturbing social order and public security." She was full of grief and anger, and on April 10, 2002, exactly two months after her husband was abducted, Ms. Sun passed away.

Mr. Wang Sili suffered extreme tortures in the labor camp, and the officials in the camp did not mention a word to him about his wife passing away. It was not until August 10, 2003, when he was released from the camp, that he heard from family members the sad news about his wife.