(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Gong Xiuling was a 55-year-old Falun Gong practitioner who lived in Lingjiaoqiao Village, Xushui County, Baoding City, Hebei Province. Before practicing Falun Gong, she used to suffer from lumbar vertebral hyperplasia and tracheitis as a result of frequent colds. In 1996, Gong Xiuling began practicing Falun Dafa, and shortly after all of her illnesses disappeared. Because she persisted in leading her life according to Truth, Compassion, Tolerance, the perpetrators from Xushui County's "610 Office" often ransacked her home. The first time they abducted her and held her for two weeks at the Xushui Detention Center. Because her husband also practices Falun Gong and went to Beijing to appeal in December 2000, the perpetrators abducted him from Tiananmen Square and took him back to the town government. They tortured him from 10:00 p.m. until 4:00 a.m. the next day and said, "It's nothing if we kill you! It's an order from the superiors."

The perpetrators also abducted Gong Xiuling and held her at the town government for two months. They tried to force her to write a guarantee statement [to give up Falun Gong practice], but she refused. They released her at the end of the year.

Her husband was illegally held at a labor camp for one year. After he was released, he clarified the truth to people and was abducted. Later he went into exile to avoid further persecution. The perpetrators then arrested Gong Xiuling and held her at the town government. During the detention, Gong Xiuling clarified the truth to people and was cruelly beaten. The perpetrators extorted 3,000 Yuan from her daughter without Gong Xiuling's knowledge.

Because they couldn't find Gong Xiuling's husband, the perpetrators also abducted her son and beat him savagely at the town government. They claimed if they couldn't find Gong Xiuling's husband, they would fine her 10,000 Yuan.

Gong Xiuling could not stay at home. She found her husband. Someone reported her and the police, accompanied by two German shepherd dogs, went in search of her to arrest her. They didn't find her and took over 6,000 Yuan from her home.

Because her home phone was tapped, Gong Xiuling was arrested in another province. Her health was greatly impaired from long-term persecution. She passed away in May 2004.