(Clearwisdom.net) On December 30, Falun Gong practitioners in Calgary came to the Chinese Consulate in Calgary to commemorate Liu Chengjun and demand an immediate end to the persecution against Falun Gong.

Practitioners peacefully appeal in front of Chinese Consulate in Calgary

Reporter from "A" Channel videotaping the event

In order to tell the public about the truth of Jiang regime's persecution against Falun Gong, on March 5, 2002, Liu Chengjun and other practitioners tapped into Changchun cable TV network to broadcast programs exposing the atrocities against Falun Gong practitioners in China and Jiang's attempts to cover them up. This incident shocked China and abroad, many people thus learned the truth about Falun Gong. Jiang Zemin was infuriated and ordered a series of executions targeting all persons involved in the broadcast and other practitioners of Falun Gong throughout China. Jilin Province then arrested more than 5,000 Falun Gong practitioners. Among them, at least 8 practitioners have been tortured to death, and 15 have been sentenced to 4 to 20 years in prison. Mr. Liu was arrest in March 2002. He had gone through all types of torture. He passed away on December 26, 2003 after 21 months of torture and abuse.

To cover the truth of Liu's death up, the Chinese authorities rushed to cremate Liu's body seven hours after his death with neither an autopsy performed nor the family's consent.

During the protest, Calgary practitioners displayed several banners which read "The killing of Liu Chengjun is not allowed by heavenly principles, " Punish Changchun Evil Police and the Murderers," "Stop the Persecution against Falun Gong," and "Globally Bring Jiang Zemin to Justice." Practitioner's peaceful protest attracted attention from local media. A reporter of the largest local TV station "A" Channel came and covered the event. From the busy street, now and then drivers honked their horn to signal their support to practitioners.

A practitioner said: "The current situation of the persecution against Falun Gong is still very severe, almost everyday informed sources in China reported new deaths of Falun Gong practitioners. Another practitioner Liang Zhenxing who was also a participant of the Changchun cable TV tapping was also arrested and detained in Tiebei Detention Center of Changchun City. Before he was sentenced to prison in September 2002, he was interrogated every two or three days. Before interrogation, the authority always covered his eyes, and he always came back with cuts and bruises all over his body. His current situation is unknown. U.S. citizen Charles Lee is still being held in custody for planning to broadcast video programs exposing the truth of the persecution. He has also been subjected to physical abuse and forced brainwashing sessions."

Practitioners hope that more kind-hearted people will pay attention to the Jiang regime's persecution against Falun Gong, jointly resist and eventually end this persecution against human conscience.