A Torture Chamber Is Used in Sanshui Forced Labor Camp, Guangdong Province
December 13, 2003
(Clearwisdom.net) There are four sub-sections at the Sanshui Forced Labor Camp. The Fifth Brigade of the third sub-section is called the "Special Brigade," and it is mainly used for detaining Dafa practitioners. During the periods of December 3, 2000 to January 22, 2003 and March 23 to September 13, 2003, a torture chamber was set up at the second sub-section and used to torture Dafa practitioners. The torture chamber was inside a hidden, high-walled, two-story building with an independent courtyard and had a guardroom 50 meters behind it . It's hard for outsiders to comprehend the brutality of the torture that occurred there. There were scores of Dafa practitioners tortured and made to suffer greatly.
First, police officers transferred Dafa practitioners to other sub-sections, and then moved them one by one to the torture chamber, in which several police officers would persecute each Dafa practitioner. At the same time, many criminals whose terms were coming to an end were also moved there to take shifts monitoring Dafa practitioners. A new group of criminals would be moved in every ten days; they were organized into groups of 4-6 people and coerced by police officers to monitor Dafa practitioners 24 hours a day. Their mandate was to prohibit Dafa practitioners from sleeping, sitting down, washing, cleaning their teeth, or using the bathroom, etc. Sometimes criminals cruelly beat the Dafa practitioners. Those criminals were also beaten, shocked with electric batons, or had their terms extended if the police officer's orders were not carried out to the letter.
In the torture chamber, the police officers sometimes handcuffed Dafa practitioners and then hung them up . Sometimes their arms were pulled in opposite directions while they were handcuffed, which caused deep cuts in the flesh of their wrists. One practitioner's shoulder was dislocated so severely that his arm was disabled. Police officers stuck toothpicks under Dafa practitioners' fingernails, burned their flesh with cigarettes, or slapped their faces with the sole of a leather shoe after covering their heads with a cloth bag. The officers forced practitioners to squat in one position for a long time, which caused such damage to some practitioners' feet that they were unable to walk for several months. Several police officers held one practitioner's feet to make him tread on a photograph of Mr. Li Hongzhi, founder of Falun Dafa. Practitioners were forced to read slogans that slandered Dafa before being allowed to use the bathroom. Police officers prohibited Dafa practitioners from sleeping or sitting down for 15 to 30 days in a row to destroy the Dafa practitioner's will. Then they locked practitioners into the guardroom for 7 to 15 more days.
In the guardroom, in addition to attacks from insects, police officers shocked Dafa practitioners with two to eight electric batons at a time two to three times a day, for approximately two to three hours each time. The electric batons were very high-voltage models. While torturing practitioners in this way, the police officers usually looked excited and ferocious. All parts of the practitioner's bodies were beaten or shocked, including such sensitive areas as the genitals and anus. Many Dafa practitioners were covered with injuries from the electric shocks, and many others were left in an extremely weakened and even life-threatening condition. A lot of practitioners had been detained for a long time and many are still being held there.
Xia Xianqiang is a Dafa practitioner from the Mujiang Township, Mei County, Guangdong province. At the end of 2002, when his term was coming to an end, he went on a hunger strike for over ten days to protest the enforced "transformation." When the police officers pried his mouth open to force-feed him, four of his teeth, including his two front teeth, were broken. Xia refused to give up Falun Gong and was eventually released. While at home, police officers from the local "610 office" hired people, at a cost of 600 yuan/month, to live in the hall of his home to monitor him 24 hours a day and report his daily activities to the "610 office." Xia kept on going out to clarify the truth about Dafa to people. Later he was arrested again and sent to Sanshui Forced Labor Camp.
When the torture chamber was set up for a second time at the Sanshui Forced Labor Camp, Xia was sent there and not allowed to sleep at all. Xia went on a hunger strike to protest. Later, police officers locked him in a guardroom and shocked him with 8 electric batons simultaneously three times a day. After one month of hunger striking and being tortured, Xia became extremely weak and was on the verge of death. Only then was he sent to a hospital. In the hospital, he refused to eat to protest the torture of Dafa practitioners .
When Xia's health improved slightly, Zhang Qingmei, the brigade head who had already received notification of transfer to another location, went to the hospital and wanted to return Xia to the torture chamber. Zhang was stopped when the chief hospital administrator refused to sign the transfer papers and said, "He (Xia) is very weak. If you do this, he may die, so I will not let you take him." On September 13, 2003, the second torture chamber was closed, and Xia was transferred to another sub-section in the camp.
Li Yuandong is a Dafa practitioner from Dianbai, Maoming City, Guangdong Province. He was tortured both times the torture chamber was active. In each of these cases, he suffered month-long sleep deprivation, was made to crouch for extended periods of time, beaten, and shocked by multiple electric batons at the same time. When he was tortured the first time, officer Lu Jinhu beat Li violently, then wrapped Li's right arm around both his legs and bound Li's right hand to his left ankle. Lu then put Li onto a picture of Master Li and would not allow him to sleep. The bones on the left side of Li's face had been smashed by the numerous electric shocks he received. During the sleep deprivation, Li was forced to squat, but he was too weak to support himself and often fell down. Officer Lu Jinhu forced people to beat Li, shut him up in the guardroom and shocked him with multiple electric batons. But Li never gave up his belief. His parents came many times to visit him, but police refused to let them see him, as the police officers were afraid their wrongdoings would be exposed. Since Li's term had expired a long time ago, the police sent him home to be monitored by the local "610 office,"* but the local "610 office" only allowed Li 5 days at home, then arrested him again and sent him to the Guangdong Province Legal School, where he is still being held.
On the afternoon of September 13, 2003, the torture chamber at the second sub-section was suddenly closed, and the police officers were transferred to the "Special Brigade". Currently the "Special Brigade" is holding approximately 50 Dafa practitioners, and there are over 20 police officers and 40 other people on duty. The officers maintain the harshest environment in the brigade. He Xiaodong, recently promoted to Deputy of the brigade because he was so adept at abusing the Dafa practitioners, threatened the practitioners by saying that when necessary, the torture chamber would be set up again.
In September 2003, the Sanshui Forced Labor Camp started another brainwashing session, which is set to last for 6 months.
The following is a partial list of Dafa practitioners who have suffered in the torture chamber:
Liu Fangfei, Feng Dijian, Wang Bin, Li Yuandong, Wang Zhufeng, Lin Fengchi, Xia Xianqiang, Sun Jiefeng, Wu Hongxiao, Liu Shangli, Liu Qinming, Wu Haibo, Chen Jinke, Chen Jinping, Yang Jiedong, Lin Qinrong, Li Jichang, Tan Junhui, Zou Xigui, Deng Congdan, Xie Chunfeng, Chen Binggui, Liu Zhenxue, Liang Jipen, Wu Liangfa, Sun Yongzhang, Yang Cuqiang, Wu Bangfa, Lin Maoluan, Zeng Guangxing, Liang Shoulin, Zeng Liuming, Zhuo Haijian, Gao Hongwei, Xiong Shiguang, Xie Xibo, Huang Donghe, Ma Xuefen, Ma Xingyong, and Zhong Qirong, among others.
The following is a partial list of Dafa practitioners who have been locked in the guardroom:
Zeng Shugang, Hong Haoyuan, Lin Xiangrui, Xie Chunze, You Xianbang, Liu Liping, Chen Guoxing, He Jingru, Liu Shaopeng, Liang Xian, Xie Wenjie, Xun Peisong, Li Fangsong, Deng Gui, Cai Huaxing, Xu Xieqia, Wei Xiaojing,Liu Fangfei, Feng Dijian, Wang Bin, Li Yuandong, Wang Zhufeng, Lin Fengchi, Xia Xianqiang, Sun Jiefeng, Liu Shangli, Liu Qingming, Wu Haibo, Chen Jinke, Chen Jinping, Deng Congdan, Xie Chunfeng, Zeng Guangxing, Liang Shoulin, Zeng Liuming, Xiong Shiguang, Xie Xibo, and Zhou Jianqiang, among others.
The following is a partial list of Dafa practitioners whose terms have been extended by more than two months:
Zeng Shuming, Hong Haoyuan, Wang Yutian, Wen Chunru, Xie Chunze, Lin Xiangrui, Fang Weixiong, Chen Siguo, Song Zhenshi, Wang Shubing, He Jianren, Li Haisheng, Zhou Xiaowei, Lin Yongxu, Liu Liping, Xie Hanzhu, He Jinru, Li Yuandong, Lin Shaotao, Liu Shangli, Xia Xianqiang, You Xianbang, Ye Qiuan, Zeng Liuming, Wang Zhufeng, Lin Fengchi, Liu Shaopeng, Liu Qinming, Sun Jiefeng, Chen Jinping, Wu Haibo, and Chen Jianguo, among others.
The following is a partial list of Dafa practitioners who were tortured at the Sanshui Forced Labor Camp before the torture chamber was set up:
Wang Kang, Xie Hanzhu, Zhou Xiaowei, He Jianren, Wang Yutian, Wang Bing, Zou Xigui, Li Haisheng, Yang Lin, Mo Yonglin, and others.
The following is a partial list of police officers at the Sanshui Forced Labor Camp who have persecuted Dafa practitioners:
- Phone number of the "Special Brigade": 86-757-7314343
- Zhang Qingmei, former Head of the Brigade, twice directed the setting up of the torture chambers, transferred to another position in late July 2003. Phone: 86-13809254905
- Qiu Jianwen, Deputy Head of the Brigade, group leader during the second set up of the torture chamber.
- Lu Jinhu, former Sub-section Head, Deputy Group Leader during the first set up of the torture chamber, was the most infamous person in the camp for his cruelty. He was transferred to another position around June 2003.
- Fan Qingping, former management staff, persecuted Dafa practitioners starting from the set up of the "Special Brigade" to late July 2003 when he was transferred.
- Chen Ruixiong, former Deputy Brigade Head, Group Leader during the first set up of the torture chamber, was transferred out around June 2003.
- He Xiaodong, Deputy Brigade Head, was one of the cruelest police officers at the Sanshui Forced Labor Camp. He was promoted to Deputy Brigade Head after taking part in the first instance of the torture chamber.
- Zhang Wujun, Management Staff, another of the cruelest police officers at the Sanshui Forced Labor Camp, was promoted to the Management Staff position after taking part in the second set up of the torture chamber.
- Zeng Qinping, Sub-section Leader, was another one of the cruelest police officers at the Sanshui Forced Labor Camp, who took part in the first torture chamber.
- Zeng Guanhua, Instructional Staff, one of the cruelest police officers at the Sanshui Forced Labor Camp. Promoted to the Instructional Staff position after taking part in the second instance of the torture chamber.
- Zhu Qi, Instructional Staff, one of the cruelest police officers at the Sanshui Forced Labor Camp, and Deputy group leader of the second use of the torture chamber.
- Wen Zhiguang, Group Leader, was another of the cruelest police officers at the Sanshui Forced Labor Camp, was active in the second use of the torture chamber.
- Zhou Zehua, took part in the first torture chamber.
- Ni Hulin, took part in the first torture chamber and later transferred.
- Ma Liming, Deputy Camp Head, was promoted from the former Brigade Head position.
- Guo Baosi, a doctor, took part in the second use of the torture chamber.
- Tong Chaoying, now Brigade Head and Communist Party Secretary, took the position in July 2003.
- Lei Huiqing, Deputy Brigade Head, transferred to the position in July 2003.
- Chen Zhiqiang, Communist Party Secretary of the Sanshui Forced Labor Camp.
- Shi Shan, Communist Party Secretary of the Third Sub-section of the Sanshui Forced Labor camp.
- Luo Yutang, Head of the Sanshui Forced Labor Camp.
- Ye Xiujia, Head of the Management section, Third sub-section, Sanshui Forced Labor camp, was directly involved in the persecution of Dafa practitioners.
- Liu Dayi, Lai Rufeng, Wong Shenqiang, and Zhen Guoquan participated in the second instance of the torture chamber.
The following police officers were transferred in when the torture chamber was set up for the second time:
Yang Yuan, Huang Xiqing, Lin Guotao, Ke Yujian, Yang Lin, Qiu Anshen, Chen Cheng, Chen Weijia, Chen Zhihao, Zou Junming, Che Kailin, Wang Jialiang, Jiang Hanqing, Zhan Ruixiong, Tao Qing, Yang Lianying, Zhang Xiang, Zhong Qiuliang, Liu Shiman, and Wang Haiqing.
The following officers from the Guangdong Province Government are involved in the persecution of Falun Gong practitioners at the Sanshui Forced Labor Camp:
Chen Shaoji, Deputy Secretary of the Guangdong Province Communist Party Committee.
Liang Guoju, Executive Member of the Guangdong Province Communist Party Committee, Head of the Guangdong Province Public Security Bureau, and Head of the Political and Judiciary Committee.
Zhong Yangshen, Executive Deputy Governor, and Head of the Propaganda Department.
Wang Xudong, Head of the Provincial Department of Justice.
Shi Honghui, Head of the provincial Forced Labor Camp Department.
Zhang Shenqing, Head of the Provincial "610 office".
Chen Yanqiang, Deputy Head of the provincial Department of Justice.
*The 610 Office is an agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political or judicial systems.