(Clearwisdom.net) Some practitioners in our area decided to gather in Beijing and validate Dafa at Tiananmen Square on December 30, 2000. Because the local police and the persecutors in my work unit were trying hard to arrest me, and the Vice Secretary of the City Committee gave the order to arrest me at any cost, I went to Beijing on December 20, ten days ahead of time. Another local practitioner, who refused to attend a brainwashing session and thus was forced to leave home and go from place to place, went with me.

On the morning of December 30, the two of us arrived at the designated meeting place. We waited there until noon but no one else came, so we went to Tiananmen Square to look for them. By the end of the day, we still had not found anyone. (We learned later that the local police had tapped some practitioners' phones and arrested them.) In Tiananmen Square, there were a lot of police: guards in uniforms, plain-clothed police with radios, and armed police guards. There were also many police cars and vans passing by in a hurry. Many practitioners practiced the exercises, unfurled banners, distributed fliers, and shouted out "Falun Dafa is Good!" They were beaten and arrested by the police. The plain-clothed policemen spotted some Dafa practitioners before they took action to validate Dafa. The perpetrators used the excuse of checking their ID cards and tried to force these practitioners to slander Dafa. When the practitioners refused, the police arrested them and forced them into police vans.

When the ceremony of lowering the national flag was performed, a female Dafa practitioner unfurled a banner that read, "Falun Dafa is Good" and raised it over her head. She was standing there like a solemn statue, holding the two upper corners of the banner, which fluttered in the cold wind. She did not say a thing, yet people were shocked by her action. Although the scene only lasted for half a minute before some plain-clothed policemen rushed to her, it was clearly imprinted in my mind and soul. Dafa practitioners were fulfilling their great vows.

On the morning of December 31, my fellow practitioner and I walked to Tiananmen Square again. Under the flagpole, I stared at the sky for a second and said to Teacher in my heart, "Teacher, your disciple is here, please help me." My fellow practitioner took a banner out and shouted: "Falun Dafa is good!" I quickly walked to a group of foreign tourist, who were having their picture taken in front of the Rostrum, and opened the banner that read, "Truthfulness, Benevolence, Forbearance" and shouted using all my strength, "A terrible injustice has fallen on Falun Dafa!" "Falun Dafa is good!" "Falun Dafa..." Before I could finish the third sentence, I was hit on the head several times. I fell down and lost consciousness. When I woke up, a few plain-clothed policemen were beating me up. I opened my eyes and saw the foreign tourists talking and they looked shocked. Two plain-clothed policemen grabbed my collar and dragged me to a police van. I realized by that time that I had lost the shoe on my right foot. I said to myself, "I am not even afraid of death, let alone of losing a shoe!" Yet once I was put in the van, a lady ran to me and handed me the shoe. After the policemen let me sit down, I took off the hood of my heavy coat and found three places that had swollen up on my head, and my forehead was bleeding. I did not feel any pain, however, and I knew that Teacher was protecting me.

When the van was filled with Dafa practitioners, we were driven to Tiananmen Police Station. Practitioners who told the police their real names and addresses were then transferred away. Those practitioners who refused to tell their names were detained in the yard. I was immediately surrounded and overcome by a very peaceful atmosphere as soon as I got into the yard. The practitioners there were reciting poems from Hong Yin together. Whenever some more practitioners arrived, they welcomed the newcomers by applauding. The arriving practitioners felt like they were meeting their close relatives. They pressed their hands together in front of their chests with tears in their eyes. I saw the practitioner who came with me, and we greeted each other. At this time, a male Dafa practitioner in his 50s came in. He told me that he had been there three times.

In the afternoon, the door to the outside was opened, and male Dafa practitioners were put into the police vans parked outside. When I stepped out, I turned around to say goodbye to the female practitioner who traveled to Beijing with me. All the female practitioners suddenly applauded in response to my action, and I was moved to tears. We looked at each other and understood each other without a word. The police forced me into the van. After the van started to move, a police guard asked a practitioner in his 20s: "How long have you been practicing?" The practitioner replied, "I have been truly cultivating for one month." All the practitioners in the van looked at the practitioner with respect upon hearing his words.

Around a dozen police vans full of practitioners gathered at a police department. We were then dispatched to different police stations. Four other male practitioners and I were sent to a police station in a suburb, where we were put into a cold room. We shared our experiences and encouraged each other. A practitioner from Beijing thought that we should tell our true names and addresses so that other practitioners in that area could step forward to validate Dafa too. The other four practitioners, including me, thought that we should not cooperate with the persecution. When the police interrogated us individually, we all resisted with righteous minds. After the policemen in the station had dinner, they took the practitioner from Beijing away in a car. After an hour or so, the police returned all of our money and belongings to the four of us, and put us into a police van. The van headed north on the freeway away from Beijing. I quietly took out the train schedule, which had almost exposed my hometown (It was a schedule of trains leaving from my hometown to Beijing), and hid it inside a seat cover in the van.

After a while, the van stopped and we were told to get out. The place was not a prison or a labor camp, but a small town in Sanhe County, Hebei Province. The police told us that we must not go to Beijing again, and that we could find our way home from there. We then found a small restaurant and had dinner together. When we finished our dinner, it was already around 11 p.m. and the four of us started to walk toward Beijing. We started following the highway, but after a while we realized that railroad was a better route, so we walked along the railroad. In the darkness, it seemed that the tracks extended indefinitely. I thought: "We can break through the short period of darkness before daybreak while walking to Beijing."

It was dawn when we reached a place on the edge of Beijing where there were bus stations. It was a lot of trouble finding a bus to Tiananmen Square. It was after 6 a.m. when we got on the bus. We got off the bus only to find that the Square was heavily guarded, and no one was allowed to get in. We then went to the Beijing train station. After we lent some cash to fellow practitioners who did not have any money with them, we said goodbye to each other and headed to our own hometowns.

Whenever I look back on the trip to Beijing three years ago, I cannot calm down for a long time. The voices of "Falun Dafa is good!" "Falun Dafa is the righteous Fa!" and "Restore the reputation of our Teacher!" resonate in my ears, and the scenes of Dafa practitioners' great deeds appear again before my eyes. The precious memory encourages me all the time to firmly remember my mission of saving sentient beings in the process of Fa-rectification. I shall fulfill my solemn vows with righteous thoughts and righteous actions.