Cases of Practitioners Being Brainwashed and Sent to Forced Labor Camps in Jizhou City
Examples of Dafa Practitioners Persecuted in Jizhou City
1. Mr. Shi Wenjie, 43 years old, from Chengguan Sanfu village. On July 20, 1999 he was detained and illegally sent to a forced labor camp for three years. At the end of 2000, because of a disability, he was sent out of the camp for medical treatment. In 2002, because Wenjie would not renounce his belief, the secretary of the Hengshui City Political and Judiciary Committee, Tian Jieshi, and the secretary of the Jiezhou City Political and Judiciary Committee, Chen Dengquan, with charges trumped up by the Jiezhou City Procuratorate, Judiciary Department and the Public Security Department, in collaboration with the City regional police, and the Main National Security Division, illegally sentenced him to five years of imprisonment. He is in Baoding prison. The judgment and prosecution documents were published on Minghui at the end of 2002. Since then, on every occasion of special celebration days or during inspections by higher officials, his family members are threatened and intimidated to keep them silent.
2. Mr. Li Huimin, in his 50's, from Xiaozhai town. After July 20th, 1999, he was monitored and harassed because he refused to renounce his beliefs and was illegally detained on four occasions. On June 12, 2000, when he was exchanging views with fellow practitioners from Hengshui on how to clarify the facts, he was betrayed and arrested. During his detention, he refused to sign a guarantee letter renouncing Dafa and was illegally sentenced to five years imprisonment. He is currently held at the jail in Tangshan.
3. Mr. Zhang Huiguang, 28 years old from Zaoyuan village. He worked at the Shijiazhuang City Agriculture Bank. After July 20, 1999, he was fired from his job for being steadfast in his cultivation of Dafa. On December 15, 2000, he was arrested as he distributed flyers. As he refused to renounce his beliefs, he was sentenced to seven years imprisonment. While he was detained, the National Security Brigade and the 610 Office, in order to make him reveal the source of his materials, continually harassed him. He was subjected to long hours of electric shocks. Due to this treatment, Mr. Huiguang has a scar on his head that is several inches long. Because he was steadfast and unyielding, he was given a very severe sentence. He is at present detained at the Shijiazhuang prison. Together with him also includes the following:
Mr. Sun Shijian, in his 30's, from Xinzhuang. He was sentenced to four years imprisonment and is at present detained at Tangshan jail.
Mr. Zhang Shibin, in his forties, from Xuzhuang town. He was sentenced to six years imprisonment and is now detained at the Tangshan jail. Since he agreed to appear on television to tell lies, he was set free. Later, he announced that he would renew his cultivation and was again arrested and put on trial.
Ms. Xia Chunzheng, in her 30's, from Yulin village, Xuzhuang town was sentenced to five years imprisonment and is now being detained at the Shijiazhuang prison.
Mr. Liu Zongli from Xuzhuang town was sentenced to three years imprisonment and is at present being detained at the Baoding jail.
The five persons above had their homes illegally searched and were savagely tormented in order to obtain information about the source of their materials. In the half-year of detention, they openly studied the Fa and clarified the facts, and others in the prison respected them as Dafa practitioners.
4. Ms. Zuo Shuling, in her fifties, the wife of Li Huimin, was illegally sentenced to one year of forced labor.
5. Ms. Li Yanru, in her thirties, was sentenced to one-year imprisonment because she distributed truth-clarifying materials.
6. Ms. Zhang Dafen, sixty years old, the mother of Zhang Huiguang was sentenced to one year in a forced labor camp.
7. Ms. Xu Xiuzhi, in her fifties, from Nanwu village. She went to appeal on May 28, 2000 and was arrested and sentenced to three years in forced a labor camp.
Ms. Zhou Xuemei, more than twenty years of age from Nanwu village, was sentenced to three years in a forced labor camp.
The mother of Zhou Xuemei was sentenced to three years in a forced labor camp. Another person, Mr. Zhou Qingmu, was arrested and sentenced in early 2002, because he distributed materials clarifying the facts.
8. Ms. Zhou Jixiu, 20's, from Nanwu village was arrested for distributing Falun Gong materials and was subsequently sentenced to two years in a forced labor camp.
9. Mr. Wang Yuabsheng, 40's, from Jiuyang village. He went to appeal in accordance to the law but was sentenced to a forced labor camp for one year. Because he was steadfast and unyielding, he was subjected to torture.
Wang Wenqian, son of Wang Yuansheng, was sentenced to one year in a forced labor camp.
Wang Yufeng, daughter of Wang Yuansheng and a high school student, was expelled from school because she was steadfast in her belief. The principal of the school is Li Yingeng.
Mr. Jiu Changying, 50's, from Jiuyang village was sentenced to one year in a forced labor camp.
10. Ms. Xie Xiaofeng, thirty years old, a kindergarten teacher, was sentenced to three years in jail for appealing.
The aunt (wife of the father's younger brother) of Xie Xiaofeng was at the same period sentenced to three years in jail for appealing.
Mr. Liu Qianli, twenty-four years old, was forced to leave school because he practiced Dafa. After being arrested for going to Beijing to appeal, he steadfastly continued to practice at the brainwashing center and refused to write a letter renouncing his practice of Dafa. He was sentenced to three years in a forced labor camp
11. Ms. Qiao Huarong, more than thirty years of age from Fengjiazhuang, Xuzhuang town. On August 29, 2003, the Political Security section policeman Zhao Guosheng led a group of people and forced their way into her home, trying to arrest her. The practitioner evaded the arrest. At present she is going from place to place to avoid arrest.
12. Ms. Qiao Rongduan, in her 30's, from Fengjiazhuang, Xuzhuang town. She was arrested while distributing Falun Gong materials. After that, she was forced to pay a fifty thousand yuan "fine" by the Public Security Department.
13. Ms. Li Jinxiu, 50's, from Fengjiazhuang, Xuzhuang town. On May 5, 2000, she went to appeal legally, but was arrested and on July 20 was sentenced to a forced labor camp for three years.
Mr. Chen Jingwang, in her thirties, from Zhuanzitou, Xuzhuang town. On May 5, 2000, he was detained. After a month, he was released. He brought a copy of the Constitution to the person in charge to reason with him regarding the issuance of a receipt for the fine imposed on him, but was instead sentenced to a forced labor camp for two years.
Mr. Shang Wenling, forty years old, from Dijiazhuang, Xuzhuang town. On May 20, 2000, he was arrested and was subjected to electric shock for a few hours and then sentenced to a forced labor camp for three years. At the beginning of 2003, he was turned in for distributing flyers and the police persecuted him. He became homeless and destitute. Then, he was arrested at midnight during the Mid-Autumn Festival and is now being detained at the police station.
14. Ms. Li Haige, wife of Chen Jingwang. On October 28, 2000 she was sentenced to a forced labor camp for a year.
Ms. Xia Chunying, wife of Shang Wenling, was sentenced to a forced labor camp for a year.
Xia Shige, over fifty, from Fengjiazhuang, Xuzhuang town.
Note: The three Dafa practitioners above had their homes searched and all their valuables stolen.
On July 29, 1999, more than ten people who went to appeal were escorted home. The village secretary Li Yinghao abused them, and they were also fined. In May 2000, the police from Xuzhuang went to Fengjiazhuang without any valid reason and searched people's homes. Because of that, eight people went to appeal. After the police took them back, police officers Sun Tao, Zhao Junyu and Gao Shufan punched and kicked these people. Some of them suffered bloody noses and swollen faces, and were covered with black and blue bruises. They were forced to kneel in the hot sun the whole day. Some of the people who did not go to appeal were also detained and held for ransom. Amongst them, Qiao Changrong paid five thousand yuan, Tie Han paid five thousand five hundred yuan, Wang Qingju paid one thousand yuan, Mr. and Mrs. Zhang Shibin paid seven thousand yuan, Xia Yunying paid seven thousand yuan, Xia Chunying paid five thousand yuan, Li Hairong paid three thousand yuan, Jin Tian paid three thousand yuan, Li Haige, Chen Jingwang each paid seven hundred yuan, Li Haijun paid one hundred yuan, Xia Shige paid two hundred yuan, Ping Jun paid two hundred yuan, Li Haixia and her daughter paid six thousand yuan. Others from Xuzhuang, Dizhuang and Zhuanzitou, including more than ten persons variously paid between one to five thousand yuan. On that occasion, Xia Tongmu was tortured and detained.
After this, on any sensitive date, Dafa practitioners are forced to report to the village office, and be detained for several days. At these times, indiscriminate tortures are a common occurrence. The village secretary Li Yinghao and the chief of the police station Gao Shufan are the chief perpetrators. Guo Shuangnian and Zhao Diantang, without exception, punch and kick as well as beat up practitioners with batons or clubs till the practitioners are near death. They also use electric batons for hours on the practitioners, and force them to do hard labor. The long and cruel torture leaves many of the practitioners with injuries all over their bodies, bleeding noses and swollen faces, as well as loss of bowel control are also common. They kicked Xia Chunying in the face with boots and severely beat up her young son. Police from the Matouli City Department put a wooden staff across her legs and stood on it as a means of torture. Later, Xia Chunying was sentenced to a forced labor camp. The child was traumatized.
Part of the brainwashing included:
1. In October, 1999, the government officers at Nanwu village detained more than twenty of the persons who went to appeal on July 20, on the first floor of the government conference room to brainwash them. Steadfast practitioners were sent to a detention center.
2. On March 11, 2001, more than ten Dafa practitioners were tricked into entering various brainwashing centers by a number of responsible persons in Rijizhou City. The units involved were: the Political and Judiciary Committee, Public Security Department, the government of Xuzhuang town, the government of Xiaozhai town, the government of Yinzhuang town, the regional city police and the City Construction Department. Responsible persons included: Political and Judiciary Committee Assistant Secretary Li Xijiu, Public Security Department Assistant Secretary Wang Zhenxia. After the majority of the victims went on a hunger strike for several days, they were released.
3. In April 2002, the Public Security Department of Jizhou City sent Li Zhijun, Zhao Dongjun and his son to the Hengshui Brainwashing Center.
4. The officers from the 610 Office, the Public Security Department and the Legal Administration System, on many occasions illegally supervised, trailed and took practitioners into custody; on many occasions they charged into the homes, ransacked, looted, assaulted, arrested and threatened practitioners.
5. Since the persecution began, Jizhou City officials have been brainwashing the whole population there, and on many occasions forced the entire primary and secondary school population, and everyone from the work units to watch films and videos vilifying Dafa. Students and workers were forced to purchase books, magazines and newspapers slandering Dafa. Everyone was forced to sign letters of regret, signifying that the Dafa practitioners were persecuted because they did not want to compromise with the officials.
6. The brainwashing center commenced operations on March 30, 2001. The Dafa practitioners who were detained included:
Li Jingci, Lou Guiping, Li Jinling, Qiao Huarong, Xing Caidong, Han Wencai, Chai Guangyue, Xia Yunying, Li Hairong, Li Zhijun, and Zhou Jixiu.
The police indiscriminately and cruelly torture Dafa practitioners in their efforts to force them to renounce their belief of "Zhen, Shan, Ren" (Truthfulness Compassion, Forbearance). Only one example will be referred to here: Li Jingci and Lou Guiping were steadfast in their practice and were beaten until their buttocks were festering. Because of this, Li Jingci was hospitalized for two months. Ms. Li Jinling was at that time fifty-seven years old. The policemen, Liu Lisen and Zhao Guosheng sent her to the Party School for more cruel torture on the grounds of her belief in "Zhen, Shan, Ren": She was punished by being forced to stand for long periods, was not allowed any sleep, was not allowed any food, was hung up and would not be let down unless she renounced her beliefs. Even when that elderly person fainted, the police still would not let the matter drop.
Some of Those Responsible in Jizhou City: (Post Code: 053200 Phone District Code 318)
1. Persons Responsible for the Brainwashing Base :
Principal: Li Xijiu
610 Office Director: Li Lisen; Officer: Li Gang
Women's Federation Assistant Director: Xu Xianglai
Original Xiaozhai town Chief of Police: Guo Quanli
Original Xuzhuang town Chief of Police: Gao Shufan
Xuzhuang town Policeman: Guo Shuangnian
Xuzhuang town Secretary: Li Yinghao
2. Some Responsible Persons and Related Units:
Law Court, Guo Wuying: 86-318-8618526, 86-318-8612494,
Political and Judiciary Committee Secretary, Li Xujiu: 86-318-8614505
Head of 610 Office, Liu Lisen: 86-318-8616212; Member: Li Gang
Head of Public Security Department: Li Jianjun
Political Security Section Head, Zhao Guosheng: 86-318-8613836
Political Security Section Instructor, Hou Jianhua: 86-13903288930(Cellular)
Policeman, Zheng Baoxin: 86-318-8615894
Xuzhuang town Secretary, Li Yinghao
Chief of Police station, Guo Jinli: 86-318-8615579
Original Head of Xuzhuang Police station, Gao Shufan: 86-318-8612831
Assistant Head of Xuzhuang Police station, Ge Shuangnian
Xuzhuang Police station Policemen: Sun Tao, Zhao Junyu, and Zhao Diantang
City Region Police station Policemen: Ji Zhenbo, Zhao Jie