"Tying the Rope"

"Tying the rope," a type of brutal torture, refers to putting a thin nylon rope around the back of a person's neck, and then wrapping it around both shoulders down to each arm, loop by loop, and then over each hand. The rope is tightened to its limit and it cuts into the flesh. Both arms are forced behind the back and raised to the extreme, and then both thumbs are tied with a rope and bound to the rope that goes around the back of the neck. The person tortured in this way is then kicked to kneel down on the floor. The rope is released about one hour later, and then the person is tied up like this again a second time, then a third time. Eventually arms can be dislocated and severe nerve damage can occur.

In May 2002, immediately after Dafa practitioner Liu Fubin was sent to the forced labor camp, he was locked up in a "small cell." Inside the second brigade, deputy captain Zhang Mingzhu, ordered prison police to strip Liu Fubin from the waist up, and started torture him by using the "tying the rope" method. After the tying the rope torture, policeman Zhang Mingzhu directed four criminal prisoners, including Jiang Yunxi and others, to monitor Liu Fubin 24 hours a day, deprive him of sleep for seven consecutive days and nights, and not allow him to lie down (only standing or squatting was permitted). He was not even allowed to blink his eyes; if he blinked, the inmates were ordered to beat and kick him. After releasing the ropes for period of time, they used this method to torture him again. Even today, there are scars from this torture left on Liu Fubin's body.

This forced labor camp uses the "tying the rope" torture on many Dafa practitioners. For example, it was used on Dafa practitioners Cui Ruhui, Li Jianlin, Ma Yuliang, Huang Yazhong, Li Zhongfu, and Ma Zhenyu. Lu Bingshen, who was tortured to death in October 2003, also suffered from this torture. In August 2002, Dafa practitioner Sui Honghai was brutally tortured with this "tying the rope," and one of his arms was broken and he became disabled.

Tiger Bench

The Tiger Bench torture uses a modified steel chair. The chair seat is a thick steel plate. The original chair armrests are modified with a rounded metal barrier. Sitting on the chair is like sitting in a cage. There are foot shackles underneath each front chair leg, which clamp both feet tightly; a nylon rope is used to tightly tie up the person; the upper arms are tied tightly behind the back, both lower arms are forced to the front to reach armrests on both sides, then two hand straps are used to bind the lower arms to the armrests. The person is tied on the tiger bench like this for long time, while he/she is tortured and brutally beaten.

In June 2002, the second brigade captain Wang Zhonghe and other prison police tied Liu Fubin on the tiger bench where they brutally beat and tortured him. The police violently beat Liu Fubin's face and ears with their fists, and broke Liu Fubin ears' soft bones. His ears became very swollen and disfigured. Even today, his ears still remain disfigured.

Rubbing the Skin

The prison police instigated criminal inmates Wang Qinglin and others to use their hands to briskly rub Liu Fubin's face until it became abraded. After this torture the skin on his face became abraded and raw.

There was an even worse torture method used to scour the skin. In the first brigade, the prison police instigated the criminal inmates to strip off Dafa practitioner Wang Tairen's clothes, then poured cold water on his body, and at the same time, used hard plastic brushes to scour the skin with a lot of force. This caused Wang Tairen's skin to become raw and severely infected all over his body. Afterwards, the prison police sent Wang Tairen to a clinic for treatment and lied to the doctors by telling them that Wang Tairen had a skin disease.

Pouring ice cold or boiling water

In September 2002, the prison police instigated criminal inmates Wang Qinglin, Jiang Fa, etc. to bring Liu Fubin to the water room. They stripped him of his clothes and poured ice water on his body. They did this twice, and each time the torture lasted for more than one hour. There was another time when they poured a cup of boiling water on Liu Fubin's leg which scalded his leg and left a scar.

Using criminal inmates to torture Dafa practitioners

By issuing sentence reductions as incentives, the labor camp directly manipulated criminal prisoners to assist in the persecution of Dafa practitioners. One of the main criminals who persecuted Liu Rubin was Wang Qinglin (who was also one of the key murderers who tortured Dafa practitioner He Huajiang to death in December 2002). Wand Qinglin was released after being rewarded with a prison term reduction of more than one year, because he followed the prison police's orders and tortured Dafa practitioners for the police on numerous occasions.

This is only a small sample of the crimes and brutality being committed by the prison police in the Daqing Forced Labor Camp. Police officers Zhang Mingzhu, Wang Zhonghe, and others are still committing evil deeds; they are encouraged and rewarded after torturing Dafa practitioners to death. Both of them are ruthless in their torture of Dafa practitioners.

The current situation of persecution of Dafa practitioners in Daqing City Forced Labor Camp

On October 16, 2003, the Daqing City Forced Labor Camp started another round of brutal persecution against Dafa practitioners. Practitioner Lu Bingshen was tortured to death, and other Dafa practitioners are still being persecuted.

On October 16, when Falun Gong practitioners were working, the people in charge of persecuting Falun Gong, deputy head of the labor camp Wang Yongxiang, second brigade captain Wang Xichun, deputy captain Zhang Mingzhu, administrative section chief Han Qingshan and deputy section chief Yang Tao, along with many prison police called Falun Gong practitioners back to the second brigade. They started another round of brutal persecution. The police forced Dafa practitioners Lu Bingshen, Hu Hongji, Liu Fubin, and Guo Fadong to sit on the tiger bench and brutally beat them. All practitioners went on a hunger strike to protest this persecution. Within three or four days, they tortured Lu Bingshen to death. While persecuting these four Dafa practitioners, the police also instigated the criminal prisoners to "clamp" other Dafa practitioners and put them under 24-hour surveillance. "Clamping" practitioners meant that two criminal inmates held practitioners' arms, one on each side, even while they walked, used the bathroom, and had meals; they didn't allow Dafa practitioners to talk to each other. To date, the situation remains the same, and there are still four Dafa practitioners being detained in a "small cell" separately, and being persecuted.