August 22, 2003

( I am a Dafa practitioner. To validate the Fa, I went to Beijing many times to appeal to stop the persecution. For this, I was arrested six times, detained twice in Bahelin Detention Center in Chongqing City, and was sent twice to forced labor camps.

The first forced labor period was from July 2000 to October 2002. During that time, they illegally extended my term for more than one year. In the Chongqing City Women's Forced Labor Camp, policewoman Luo Chunmei forced me to attend a brainwashing session to try to force me to give up practicing Falun Gong. Because I refused to cooperate, another practitioner and I were required to stand for a long time, from 6am to 11:30pm daily. We were not allowed to sit down or talk. This treatment lasted for two months.

Seeing that I was so determined to retain my personal belief, they forced me to perform hard labor. Policewoman Luo Chunmei said brazenly, "Not giving up Falun Gong will mean facing endless imprisonment, and being sent to Daxibei [Daxibei is a term for a notorious, poor and deserted place in Northwestern China, known for its extremely harsh living conditions.]" In December 2000, I walked out of the labor camp with righteous belief in our Teacher and Dafa. After I was freed, I was not diligent with my cultivation. In May 2001, police followed and arrested me, taking me back to the labor camp. The head of the labor camp, Diao Xiaolan, the director of the Discipline Section, Zhao Xiaoyun, and policewomen Luo Chunmei and Hu Mei tied me up tightly. Hu Mei asked others to stuff a sock into my mouth, fearing that I would shout, "Falun Dafa is Good." I clenched my teeth in order to resist. They jumped on me in a rage and beat me up. They used tape to seal my mouth, while I was shouting, "Falun Dafa is Good." They wrapped the tape ten more times around my mouth, and at that moment, I could not breathe, and lost consciousness. Two policemen held me tightly the whole time. They hung a board on my neck and dragged me through all the other prisoners' teams to humiliate me. They videotaped the whole process, in an attempt to use it as propaganda. One month after this, I was cuffed and hung from window bars, on tiptoe. When they would see me on the verge of becoming unconscious, they would lower me down a little, but then raise me up again when I recovered. Two jail guards and drug addicts took turns watching me, not allowing me to sleep. Whenever I closed my eyes, they used needles to stab at my eyelids. A female jail guard, Hu Mei, cut my hair very short in a man's hairstyle to degrade and humiliate me. When I was cuffed and hung up, they violently beat me up and left my whole body black and blue; my lower body was severely swollen. Only after a month passed, was I allowed to sleep.

On March 8, 2001, the jail guards forced us to watch TV programs that slandered Dafa. We refused to watch those, which brought a severe beating from the guards. A fellow practitioner from Bishan County was disabled because of the beating. Since then, she has difficulty standing on her own. Ms. Zhang Sufang, from Changshou County, had been cuffed and hung up for more than six months, and her body was covered with wounds and cuts. Two days after her release, she died at home.

On September 27, 2001, jail guard Yang Ming tortured practitioner, Ms. Zhou Chengyu, to death in Chongqing City Women's Forced Labor Camp. That day, I witnessed that Yang Ming ordered two drug addicts, Wang Suxiao and Liu Chengling, to forcibly drag Ms. Zhou into the camp's clinic. Ms. Zhou resisted, and asked that a practitioner be allowed to be with her. One hour later, the two drug addicts nervously returned. I asked them about Ms. Zhou's whereabouts. They would not give me a direct answer. Finally we knew that Yang Ming, the jail guard, had threatened them not to tell anyone about the death of Ms. Zhou. We went on a hunger strike when we heard that Ms. Zhou had been tortured to death. The camp detained us separately, handcuffed and put shackles on us, force-fed, and threw us in confinement cells. I was detained in a confinement cell for more than eighteen hours every day, with both of my hands cuffed behind my back. This torture went on for twelve days. Another practitioner who was force-fed by Yang Ming had the tube left in her body for 115 hours before it was removed.

On May 13, 2002, the head of the labor camp, Ms. Diao Xiaolan, dispatched some male jail guards to the women's forced labor camp from Chongqing Xishanping Forced Labor Camp. She used violence to force practitioners to give up their belief in Dafa. Many practitioners were brutally beaten. These female practitioners were forcibly stripped of their clothing, with both their hands cuffed behind their backs, and forced to stand as motionlessly as a soldier. One practitioner was tortured to the point of losing consciousness.

The second time that I was sent to a forced labor camp was in January 2003, in Chengdu City Detention Center. Three National Security Guards forcibly carried me and threw me into the detention center. I went on a hunger strike, practiced the Falun Gong exercises and sent forth righteous thoughts. Jail guard Huang Weizhen noticed, and then beat and kicked me. When she saw me still on a hunger strike several days later, she ordered others to push me to the ground. They then forcibly inserted a tube into my nose to force-feed me.

Later I was diagnosed with a fractured vertebra as a result of the torture I received, and the perpetrators had to release me to avoid taking responsibility for my condition.