I started practicing Falun Dafa in March 1997. Within a week, all the illnesses I had had for many years disappeared. Not long after that, my son, who suffers from deteriorating health problems, also became healthy. My parents started to practice after seeing this.

Since Jiang's evil regime started persecuting Falun Gong, the police and agents from the "610 Office" have tortured me on numerous occasions [the "610 Office" is an agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political and judiciary systems].

On the night of July 22, 1999, the police summoned me and threatened me to give up practicing Falun Dafa. At the end of July 1999, my work unit talked to me many times and pressured me to stop practicing. They forced me to watch videos that defamed Falun Dafa, and tried to make me state the intention to renounce my belief in Falun Gong, turn in the books and write guarantee statements to give up the practice. In early August, the work unit held a meeting, and during the meeting they tried to force all the practitioners present to give up practicing Falun Dafa. I knew that the videos were lies so I suppressed the evil on the spot. The police took me away in October because I wrote a letter to the appeal office telling the truth of Falun Gong. They photographed and fingerprinted me. They wanted me to fill in forms and write a statement of [false] "understanding." Instead, I wrote how great Falun Dafa is. In December 1999, I went to Beijing to validate Dafa. The local police took me back and illegally detained me for one month. During this time they tortured me with inhuman methods. At the end of my detention, they forced me to pay for the living expenses, car fees and photography fees, for a total of 830 Yuan (an average urban worker in China makes about 500 Yuan a month).

In July 2000, about ten people from the work unit's "610 Office" came to threaten me. They said that I had to say that I would stop practicing, otherwise they would send me to the detention center or a brainwashing class. They threatened to fire me and force my family members to do my job for me. I said frankly, "I will practice Falun Gong forever!" On October 1, 2000, I went to Tiananmen Square and I displayed a banner that read "Truthfulness, Compassion and Tolerance." After the Beijing patrol police arrested me they brutally beat me. I was sent back to the local police station where I was illegally detained for twenty-one days before they let me go. In December 2000, I went to Beijing to validate Dafa and displayed a banner. They illegally detained me, but I refused to give out my name, so they released me the same day.

In April 2001, the city's "610 Office" and the police illegally rushed into my house. They wrote a warrant on the spot, ransacked my home and arrested me. They illegally detained me for four days, releasing me only after I went on a hunger strike. In July 2001, the work unit's "610 Office" held a meeting with us practitioners. They said that if we wouldn't write guarantee statements they would send us to a brainwashing class. In November 2001, the city's "610 Office" held a brainwashing class in our work unit. We suppressed it with righteous thoughts and the class failed.

In June 2002, the unit's "610 Office" was trying to force me to write a guarantee letter again. In July, I was kidnapped by the "610 Offices" affiliated with my work unit and that of the city. They forcefully put handcuffs on me and dragged me to the brainwashing class. On the way there I kept on shouting "Falun Dafa is great!" In the brainwashing class, they beat me and I was bruised all over. The brainwashing class was extremely evil. They would torture me 24 hours a day and wouldn't let me sleep. I refused to cooperate with the evil. Three days into the brainwashing class I left the class using my righteous thoughts. When I was back home, the police and collaborators [former practitioners who have renounced Falun Dafa under extreme mental and physical pressure] kept on harassing me through phone calls.

In April and May of 2003, the wicked scoundrels couldn't achieve what they wanted. They went to my family members to get guarantee letters but failed. They threatened that they would send my name to the City "610 Office" and send me to a brainwashing class.

Over the course of these past four years, the police and agents from the "610 Office" have illegally detained me for a total of 59 days and they have illegally extorted 1,130 Yuan from me. They have tortured me physically and mentally. In addition to these evil actions, they have tapped my phone line, and they harass me with phone calls. They come to talk to me during holidays and other sensitive dates. They have severely limited my personal freedom: they don't let me leave my house and don't let me take business trips. I need permission from the "610 Office" to take New Years holidays. Whenever I visit my friends there are people following me and reporting on me. They have extensively disturbed my life and work. They frequently talk to and threaten my family members; they have mentally tortured my family. All of this is the result of the evil persecution perpetrated by Jiang Zemin's evil regime.

August 18, 2003