Chengdu Dafa practitioner Mr. Chen Yingjun, 35 years old, lived in Haijiao District of Chengdu City. He graduated from Hunan University, and was an engineer at the Chengdu Air Compressor Manufacturing Factory. After he started practicing Falun Dafa in 1996 he quit smoking, a habit he had had for over 10 years, and he became healthy both mentally and physically. Chen Yingjun got along well with his colleagues and his family. His wife is also a practitioner, so he had a big, happy family at that time.

After July 22, 1999, the police often went to their company, their residence and Chen's in-laws' home to harass them, disturbing their peaceful life. In March 2001, Chen and his wife were abducted and held in the Jinjiang District brainwashing center. Chen Yingjun's hands ended up bleeding because the police forcefully handcuffed him. In the brainwashing center, Dafa practitioners went on a hunger strike collectively. They continued studying the Fa, doing the exercises, and clarifying the truth to people around them about Falun Dafa. They demanded that the persecution by forced brainwashing be stopped. After the brainwashing center's police and the community service center staff got to know the truth, they wrapped up the brainwashing session ahead of the original schedule.

When the holidays came, the police again started coming to their home to harass them. Chen and his wife had no choice but to leave home and go from place to place to avoid further persecution. On August 27, 2001, on their way back to their rented home, they were kidnapped and sentenced to two years of forced labor.

At Mianyang City Xinhua Men's Forced Labor Camp in Sichuan province, Chen Yingjun remained steadfast and would not give up his beliefs of Falun Dafa. On August 26, 2003, the day when the 2-year term for Chen was coming to an end, his term was unjustifiably extended to October 2003.

It was said that the situation of detention terms being illegally extended is very serious in both Mianyang City and Zizhong City Men's and Women's forced labor camps. Some practitioners' terms were extended for one year, and some practitioners were transferred to other places for further detention when their terms were due.

In March 2003, when practitioner Fan Haidong's (from Chengdu City) detention term was due, he was transferred for illegal detention in a brainwashing center in Pi County where many other Dafa practitioners are also detained. Some female practitioners were detained at Pengzhou Detention Center after their terms were due. One month after Chengdu Dafa practitioner Zhu Xia was released from a forced labor camp, after being five months over due, she was abducted to Pengzhou Brainwashing Center again.

We appeal to the Dafa practitioners of the world and kind-hearted people to help end this persecution.

Perpetrators list:

The head of No.3 team of No. 6 brigade: Huang (surname)
Management Office of Mianyang Forced Labor Commission: Deng Gang
Mianyang City Xinhua Forced Labor Camp No. 3 team of No. 6 brigade: 86-816-2830543

August 31, 2003