August 25, 2003


Part 1:

During the period of the Party's 16th Conference in November 2002, the police arrested many Falun Gong practitioners on a large scale. I was among those arrested. The local police station sent me and twenty other practitioners to a detention center. The police grabbed my house key and illegally ransacked my home. In the detention center, I maintained righteous thoughts and refused to cooperate with the perpetrators' arrangement. At first the guards incited the inmates to attack me, and I clearly understood that the persecution, no matter what kind of form it was, was the arrangement by old forces and I refused to acknowledge it and was determined to eliminate it. Very soon, the situation changed for the better and, at the same time, the inmates witnessed the power of Dafa.

The detention center had already detained several practitioners for a prolonged period of time before we came. The practitioners who were arrested recently somehow cooperated with the persecution under different situations. I realized that we were one body there. Every one of us must behave righteously and think righteously in order to effectively suffocate evil forces. In all of the four women's detention cells, I was the only one on a hunger strike. The police were afraid that my behavior would incite other practitioners' support and a similar response, and consequently put me in solitary confinement. In attempt to cut off communication between myself and other practitioners, the guards ordered inmates to ensure I didn't touch pens or paper. But my righteous thoughts and behavior awakened the inmates who still had righteous hearts. The inmates, instead of preventing me from using pens and paper, took the initiative to help me to deliver notes to other practitioners. When the first notes reached other practitioners, three recently detained practitioners and one who had been detained for a prolonged period immediately went on a hunger strike together.

During our hunger strike, we were dragged to the center of the yard of the detention center to be force-fed. I took every such chance to expose Jiang and his followers' crimes in persecuting Falun Gong. There were many people standing by and were curious to hear what I had to say. So much information is blocked in China and people had great difficulty learning the truth. I listed Jiang's ten crimes on a piece of paper and read it aloud to inmates. They gave me a "thumbs up" sign and said, "If every Chinese can learn Falun Gong our country would not be in such a situation and would be much better off." These ordinary people were later released. They went back into regular society and told other people how good Falun Gong is, how good practitioners are, and how determined these practitioners are. They became effective media for Falun Gong in the society. Since the beginning of the persecution of Falun Gong the detention center has been in constant contact with Falun Gong practitioners. Every staff member in the detention center knew Falun Gong practitioners were good people. But after all, the detention center is a tool to persecute Dafa. Some practitioners were hesitant during the hunger strike, but through immediate communication, we became stronger and were determined in our righteous behavior in the whole procedure.

I recited Fa every day, kept sending righteous thoughts, rectified myself and used Fa as a standard to live up to at every moment. After being detained for 35 days, I was told we were leaving. When I walked out of the detention center, I saw police and a car of the detention center. I was asked to get in. Without a doubt, I believe that this should be the time for me to go home. I jumped in the car and asked them to drive me home.

There were three males and two females already in the car. Including me, the car had six people. The car started and got on a road. Right at this moment, I realized that they were sending me to a forced labor camp. They talked in front of me about how the labor camp was. But I was very calm and peaceful. My heart was like a peaceful lake without even the tiniest of ripples. I firmly believed that our respectful teacher would not allow his disciple to be sent into the evil's den. I sent out righteous thoughts and clarified the truth of Falun Gong to them. The labor camp refused to accept me no matter what.

Back at the detention center, practitioners outside sent out righteous thoughts in unison with us. A huge and powerful righteous field was formed both inside the detention center and outside. Under our Teacher's benevolent protection, we four practitioners who were on a hunger strike were released unconditionally, and created a good situation for those who remined in the detention center. Later, practitioners who were detained for prolonged periods walked out from the detention center after going on a hunger strike with righteous thoughts.

Part 2:

On April 25, 2003, another practitioner and I were reported to police for distributing truth-clarifying materials along the road. The local police station sent us to the county public security bureau, and then transferred us to the county detention center. Both of us refused to cooperate with the persecutors. It was during the period when China was in the midst of the SARS disaster. I sat down in front of the detention center's gate and sent righteous thoughts. They took my temperature and discovered it was too high. They had to send me to a hospital. I deeply understood that it was our Teacher's arrangement. The next morning, I got a chance and jumped out from a window. I walked back home safe and sound. Once again, I was back to the torrent of Fa rectification. It is our benevolent Teacher who rescued me from the persecution.

Part 3:

On June 19, 2003, the local police took me away from home and sent me into a county detention center on the next day. I sent out righteous thoughts and shouted "Falun Dafa is Good." When they dragged me to the gate of the detention center, many onlookers came over. I told them the crimes that Jiang committed against Falun Gong. The police laughed but did not stop me. In the detention center, after 8 am every day, the discipline guard would come to each cell to check and count heads. When the cell gate was open, every inmate had to stand against wall. I sat in a lotus position at the center of a big board bed, looked at the guards with a smile and said to them with honesty and compassion, "Good morning, please keep in mind that 'Falun Dafa is Good, Truthfulness-Compassion-Tolerance is good, Falun Dafa is a righteous Way,' and you will be benefit for your whole life." The guards looked at me silently. This went on day by day. Whenever the discipline guards showed up at the checking counter, I would clarify the truth of Dafa to them. From the first day I was in here, I refused to cooperate with them and went on a hunger strike to protest.

When they took my temperature this time, it showed that I was normal. I understood that I should not depend on having an abnormal physical exam results to have me released, instead I should let the people witness the immense power of Dafa. I would be fine without eating or drinking. They not only should release me unconditionally, but also have to pay for their crimes. As expected, on the day I was released, the weather was cold and raining. Five inmates were sick. The head of the detention center came to check and count heads in each cell, and found out I was in good spirits even though I had not eaten anything while the inmates who had three meals everyday were ill. On the morning of July 2, an inspection commission came. I immediately stood up and spoke to them loudly. I told them to remember Falun Dafa is Good, to treat Falun Gong with righteous hearts, to release all detained practitioners and not to be deceived by Jiang's tactics. They walked away quickly as if they wanted to escape. In the afternoon, I was released unconditionally. On the way out of the detention center, I shouted "Falun Dafa is Good." At the gate, many police were standing there, including four people who handled my case. I clarified the truth to them loudly. With much effort, they were finally able to get me into the car. I handed my appeal letter to the person who was in charge of my case.

The four people intercepted a bus and asked me to take it home. I did not return home, instead I directly went to the local police station and asked them why they had arrested me. I told them openly that they had disturbed the public security by wantonly arresting innocent people. I went to my workplace, the local Street Administration, and Public Security Bureau. I told my neighbors about the persecution I suffered to awaken their conscience, and let them see through the evilness of Jiang's persecution. Let their consciences open to compassion! Give them chances to decide their future. I told the policeman in local police station, "Do not deface the words 'Falun Dafa is Good' and 'Truthfulness-Compassion-Tolerance is Good' in front of my home!" He said, "I will remember your words."

As our Teacher said,

"When the evil puts its evilness to work, they act like they are terribly domineering, but when it gets to the actual results they're very weak. Of course, when the wicked humans act on the evil's behalf, as long as the Dafa disciples' righteous thoughts don't have omissions and are strong, then the wicked people will become timid and they'll even be conquered by the righteous thoughts." (Teaching the Fa at the Conference in Vancouver, Canada, in 2003)