Persecution of Falun Gong Practitioners in Masanjia Labor Camp, Liaoning Province
August 03, 2003 | By a Falun Gong Practitioner from China
- On May 8, 2003, Masanjia Labor Camp established a so-called "Disciplinary Class" to start another round of persecution against Falun Gong practitioners by forcing determined practitioners to watch videotapes that defame Dafa and Master Li and to listen to recordings that slander Dafa. These practitioners were tortured or forced to work until midnight and did not get much sleep at all. They were not allowed to speak. Determined practitioners who were not put into the "Disciplinary Class" had to squat in the hallway facing the wall all day and all night. They were not allowed to move or sleep (sometimes they could only sleep for one or two hours). They could not go the bathroom freely as the hours were set by the collaborators (former practitioners who have turned against Dafa under pressure). They were constantly abused physically and shocked with electric batons in extremely cruel ways. They were not allowed to tell the outside world what really happened. In this persecution, police officer Qiu Ping put in the most effort but all the police officers in the first team were involved.
- In 2001 Zou Guirong was put under Qiu Ping's team. Whenever he called out "Falun Dafa is good, catch up with Master Li's Fa-rectification," he would be beaten and cursed and taken away to be injected with an unknown drug. Injections with this drug would make the person completely pass out. This happened many times and caused great damage to Zou Guirong's body and mind.
- Masanjia Labor Camp tried to promote its prestige by bringing in collaborators from outside to brainwash Dafa practitioners. There were also so-called qigong masters, professionals and professors contributing to the forced brainwashing. Determined Dafa practitioners who did not cooperate with the police' instructions or orders would receive more severe persecution.
- In Masanjia Labor Camp, if Dafa practitioners refused to wear nametags in front of their chests, refused to memorize the camp rules, refused to wear numbered uniforms or refused to work, they would receive different degrees of punishment. For example, they would only get to eat coarse grains and pickled vegetables or would be prevented from going outside or would be tied up and tortured.
- In the 2nd team of the 2nd Female Brigade of Masanjia Labor Camp, there was a practitioner called "Validate" (She never gave her real name. Through validating Dafa she earned her nickname). She was often locked in a small isolated room because she clarified the truth to validate Dafa. She went through a great deal of persecution.
- The fourth floor in the multi-purpose building of the Education School in Masanjia Labor Camp contains isolated lock up rooms and classrooms. It is specifically used for persecuting Dafa and Dafa practitioners. The labor camp hired Zhao Yonghua and others to brainwash and persecute Dafa practitioners in separate sessions run by first, second and third teams. The third floor was for family members of Dafa practitioners to stay when visiting; it was also used for brainwashing practitioners to give up their belief. During the brainwashing process, police officer Fang (who ran the class) put in extra effort and interrogated Falun Gong practitioners one by one to see if they had reached the standard of being "converted." However, in the isolated rooms, Dafa practitioners' strong voices validating the Fa could often be heard.
- In 2002, in Masanjia Labor Camp's so-called "Rectifying the Disciplines of the Labor Camp" meeting, Li Dongqing and Song Caihong were illegally sentenced and they were locked in small rooms or behind the metal door of the first floor where they received a great deal of torture. When practitioner Sun Jinjun moved his mouth to recite Master's articles or send forth righteous thoughts, even if he did not make a sound, the collaborators would use tape to seal his mouth and tie him up with ropes. Xie Xiulan and Shi Changying and other determined Dafa practitioners were often locked up in small separated cells, where they were not allowed to speak. There were two collaborators who were even more evil; one was Que (female) from Huludao City and the other one was Liu (female) from Benxi City. They would put a bar of soap into Dafa practitioners' mouths, seal their lips with tape and then lock them into small separate rooms.
- In Masanjia Labor Camp, Zhang Chunmei was separated from other practitioners and handcuffed on a chair for many days and nights. She had to sleep on the chair. Her legs were swollen for a long time. The same thing happened to other practitioners. When the guards ran out of handcuffs, practitioners were tied on the chairs with rope.
- In 2002, Li Xiaoyan from Huludao City was in danger of dying due to the cruel torture. Police officers saw her situation and were afraid of being held responsible, so they let her go home. The details of what happened to her then are unknown.
- Falun Gong practitioner Qi Zhenrong, from Benxi City, was persecuted in Masanjia Labor Camp so severely that he became mentally abnormal.
- Falun Gong practitioner Wang Yan, from Dalian City, was often locked in isolation in a small room. She insisted on a hunger strike in protest, so the police officers force-fed her, causing extreme discomfort in her stomach. After this ordeal, she could not go to sleep at night and was terrified. She later became mentally abnormal.
- When he first arrived at Masanjia, Dafa practitioner Wang Jinfeng began a hunger strike which lasted more than 100 days to protest his illegal detention. The police officers force-fed him. He became extremely weak and many parts of his body appeared abnormal.
- Masanjia Labor Camp follows no laws in its persecution of Dafa practitioners. Determined Dafa practitioners' terms were casually extended for as long as the officials wanted. Some practitioners' terms had already expired but many excuses were used to extend their terms and continue to persecute them.
I saw the above persecution incidents with my own eyes in Masanjia Labor Camp.