For a long time after I received news of the death of Dafa practitioner Ms. Guo Yaling, due to the persecution at the Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp in Jilin Province, my heart could not become calm.

In early 1998, when Yaling was 44 years old, she was very ill, suffering from the late stages of liver cancer. Just as the light of life was about to be extinguished, she was fortunate to receive the Fa, and she began to practice Falun Gong. She miraculously broke away from the shadow of death. She began to recover, and the cancer finally disappeared. She became free of the suffering from the illness. She felt indebted, and resolved to steadfastly practice Dafa.

On July 20, 1999, the Jiang gang began the frenzied and insane suppression of Falun Gong and its practitioners across China. In the same year, on September 9, Yaling and a number of fellow practitioners together went to a tower at Tiananmen and shouted "Falun Dafa is Great, Falun Dafa is the righteous Fa, clear the name of our Teacher, clear the name of Dafa." expressing the aspiration of Dafa practitioners. They were illegally arrested and sent to a detention center for more than 50 days. There they were spiritually and physically tortured, and they were devastated.

In February 2002, together with other Dafa practitioners, Yaling went to the Jilin City Committee to validate that "Dafa is good." She was again arrested, sent to a detention center, and subsequently sentenced to two years of forced labor in the Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp. More than 300 days and nights of inhuman torture did not alter her steadfast and determined heart. Later, because of ill health, she was released from the camp to seek medical treatment.

On November 26, 2002, she went to Jinjia Village, Yongji County to clarify the facts, and was discovered by the Jinjia Village police. She was once again arrested and sent to the Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp, for another two years. While at the Forced Labor Camp, she was subjected to savage tortures. She was shocked with electric batons, and suffered from corporal punishment and excessive forced labor (for 15 to 16 hours per day). She had to sleep on the ice-cold bare planks of her bed, which was damp and gloomy. All she was given to eat was moldy and deteriorating corn noodles, with salt water as soup. All she could see around her were iron barred windows, high walls and electrified wire fencing. The police used profane language against her, and the other prisoners insulted and ridiculed her with vile and crude language. The sounds of handcuffs and shackles filled the rooms. Under such adverse circumstances, Guo Yaling was persecuted until her body weakened gradually and her face turned pale, but no matter what she suffered, whether mentally or physically, she remained steadfast in her quest for Truthfulness, Compassion, and Forbearance. Under such inhuman persecution, she remained faithful to Dafa, because she knows that being a good person is not wrong, and is certainly not a crime.

Due to the lengthy period of intense torment to her spirit, and devastation of her body by Jiang's political scoundrels, on May 5, 2003 Ms. Guo Yaling, who had suffered injustice at the Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp, departed this mortal world at the age of forty-nine. Details of the persecution that led to her death will be investigated.

Yet another person who had no quarrel with the world, but only wanted to be a better person, was persecuted to death, bringing great sorrow amongst her family members, and the husband who lost a dear wife.