Latest News from China - 07/12/2003
- [Guanghan City, Sichuan Province] Falun Dafa Practitioners Zhang Daju, Yang Shouming, and An Keqin Unlawfully Sentenced from 8 to 11 Years in Prison
- [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Surveillance Software Installed in Internet Cafés
- [Shulan City, Jilin Province] Local Police Officers Unlawfully Arrest and Brutally Torture Falun Dafa Practitioners Xie Guichen and Sun Xiulan
- [Chengdu City, Sichuan Province] Police Officers Abduct Falun Dafa Practitioner Zhu Binglin on Huangwa Street from His Home; 48-Hour Continuous Interrogation Deprives Him of Any Rest
- [Shenzhen City, Guangzhou Province] Members of "610 Office" and Policemen Unlawfully Take Away Falun Dafa Practitioner Wu Kexue and Injure His Elderly Father
- [Jinzhou City, Liaoning Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Ms. Yi Chunyan Unlawfully Arrested and Sentenced to Forced Labor Education
- [Liaoning Province] Liaoning Province "610 Office" Starts a New Round of Persecution of Falun Dafa Practitioners
- [Jinzhou City, Liaoning Province] Linghe District "610 Office" and Political and Judiciary Committee Unlawfully Arrest Falun Dafa Practitioners using false Pretext
- [Tangshan City, Hebei Province] Tangshan Forced Labor Camp Inhumanely Tortures Falun Dafa Practitioner Ms. Cui Yanqiu from Langfang City
- [Langfang City, Hebei Province] Langfang City "610 Office" Holds Brainwashing Classes Again
- [Chengdu City, Sichuan Province] Falun Dafa Practitioners Ms. Yu Xuemei and Ms. Tao Juhua Unlawfully Detained by Police
- [Qianjiang City, Hubei Province] Falun Dafa Practitioners Clarifying Truth Unlawfully Captured by Police
- [Zhuhai City, Guangdong Province] Over Forty Falun Dafa Practitioners Continue to Be Unlawfully Held in a Brainwashing Center
- [China] Jiang's Regime Plans to Air TV Series to Poison Public Opinion
- [Jixi City, Heilongjiang Province] Gao Wenliang, Head of the Security Section in the Xiaohengshan Mine, Persecutes Falun Dafa Practitioner Ms. He Meifang
1. [Guanghan City, Sichuan Province] Falun Dafa Practitioners Zhang Daju, Yang Shouming, and An Keqin Unlawfully Sentenced from 8 to 11 Years in Prison
Mr. Yang Shouming, who is in his seventies, was unlawfully arrested on August 23, 2002 when attending a Fa conference in Deyang City, Sichuan Province. The Guanghan Intermediate Court Mr. Yang was unlawfully sentenced to ten years in prison. He is currently being held in the Guanghan City Detention Center.
Ms. Zhang Daju, wife of Mr. Yang Shouming, who is in her sixties, was arrested on the same day. The Guanghan Intermediate Court sentenced her to eight years in prison. She is being detained at the Longquan Prison in Sichuan Province.
Mr. An Keqin, who is in his forties, was unlawfully sentenced to eleven years in prison by the Guanghan Intermediate Court. He is being unlawfully held in the Guanghan City Detention Center.
2. [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Surveillance Software Installed in Internet Cafés
A new software surveillance package has been installed in Internet cafés in Changchun City, Jilin Province. One feature is that as soon as sensitive contents are detected, the screen will be locked up. We know for certain that contents are filtered, but it is less clear if the screen is also monitored. At the same time, the location of the user as well as the number of his or her identity card will be sent to the server within the Internet café or the computing center located in the state security department or the police department. Fellow practitioners who access the web in Internet cafés need to pay close attention to safety issues.
3. [Shulan City, Jilin Province] Local Police Officers Unlawfully Arrest and Brutally Torture Falun Dafa Practitioners Xie Guichen and Sun Xiulan
According to reliable sources, last week (around July 4) the Shulan City Police Department and the subordinate Baiqi Town Police Station unlawfully arrested Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Xie Guichen from the No. 3 Commune in Senlin Village, Shulan City. On July 9, Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Sun Xiulan, who lives in Bao'an Village, Shulan City, was unlawfully taken away from her home. Both Mr. Xie and Ms. Zhou were brutally tortured during interrogations. Mr. Xie Guichen's life is in immediate danger as a result of inhumane treatment. Ms. Sun Xiulan could not stand the vicious torture and jumped out of a third floor window. She suffered from numerous fractures of the pelvis and legs. Her life is in imminent danger.
4. [Chengdu City, Sichuan Province] Police Officers Abduct Falun Dafa Practitioner Zhu Binglin on Huangwa Street from His Home; 48-Hour Continuous Interrogation Deprives Him of Any Rest
The police forcibly broke into Mr. Zhu Binglin's home after midnight. Mr. Zhu firmly rejected the policemen's demand for his signature. The officers then tried to handcuff Mr. Zhu, who reprimanded them for disregarding the law because of their abuse of torture devices. The officers yelled, "[The law] doesn't apply to you!" They then placed a mask over Mr. Zhu's head and took him away. A 48-hour continuous interrogation was conducted to determine Mr. Zhu's links to any practitioners, and he was deprived of any rest. Mr. Zhu's blood pressure increased dramatically, and he is in very weak condition. The police also unlawfully took away Mr. Zhu's wife, Ms. Zheng Guangrong.
5. [Shenzhen City, Guangzhou Province] Members of "610 Office" and Policemen Unlawfully Take Away Falun Dafa Practitioner Wu Kexue and Injure His Elderly Father
In 2002, Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Wu Kexue came to work in Shenzhen City from Wuhan City, Hubei Province. He was working very hard and was rewarded by his workplace. His parents also came to Shenzhen City, and they live together. However, on July 1, 2003, a dozen or so police officers surrounded Mr. Wu at his workplace. These officers were from the Hubei Province "610 Office", the Guangdong Province "610 Office", the Shenzhen City "610 Office", and local police stations. [The "610 office" is an agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political and judiciary systems.] They forcibly took Mr. Wu away and searched his home on the same day. Mr. Wu's 62-year-old father suffered spinal injury as a result of police brutality, and he remains in the hospital to this date. On July 2, a policeman named Zhang viciously beat Mr. Wu. Zhang further threatened that he would break up Wu's family and boasted about how he sent Chen Hao and other Falun Dafa practitioners to prison for ten to eighteen years, although they would face only three-year prison terms if they were sent back to their hometowns. These evil acts and police brutality have caused anger among family, friends and colleagues, who are planning to file lawsuits against the Lianhua Police Station. Mr. Wu Kexue has been on a hunger strike abstaining from water and food in protest of his unlawful arrest. On the evening of July 6, the police unconditionally released him for lack of any evidence of wrongdoing.
6. [Jinzhou City, Liaoning Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Ms. Yi Chunyan Unlawfully Arrested and Sentenced to Forced Labor Education
Falun Dafa practitioner Yi Chunyan lives at Yangxingtun in Shilitai within the Economic Development Zone of Jinzhou City, Liaoning Province. On June 13, 2003, four policemen from the Tianqiao Police Station unlawfully searched and arrested her at her home and conducted an unlawful search. The police confiscated a cassette recorder. Ignoring her frightened 10-year-old boy who was crying loudly, the police took her away and left the boy alone at home alone. Ms. Yi's farm land was left untended, and her family broken up. Her boy was not able to sleep well or eat normally, and has been crying and asking for his mother. Her husband has been sitting at home as if in a trance. Currently Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Yi is being held in the Jinzhou City No. 1 Detention Center. She was recently unlawfully sentenced to two years of forced labor. To protest her unlawful arrest and sentence to forced labor, she has gone on a hunger strike.
7. [Liaoning Province] Liaoning Province "610 Office" Starts a New Round of Persecution of Falun Dafa Practitioners
Recently the Liaoning Province "610 Office" has started a new round of persecution against Falun Dafa practitioners following the detention of practitioner Ms. Li Juan. Ms. Li lives in Huanren County, and is the county deputy Party secretary of the Public Health Bureau. She was unlawfully detained for distributing Falun Dafa materials. The new measures of persecution include screening Falun Dafa practitioners one by one, compiling a complete list of practitioners including their home addresses and identification card numbers. Gainfully employed practitioners are to be forcibly "transformed," otherwise they are threatened with expulsion from their workplaces. So far, two Falun Dafa practitioners in the Linghe District Public Health Bureau have already suffered from this persecution.
8. [Jinzhou City, Liaoning Province] Linghe District "610 Office" and Political and Judiciary Committee Unlawfully Arrest Falun Dafa Practitioners Using False Pretext
The public health and education departments of Linghe District in Jinzhou City, Liaoning Province have started calling in known Falun Dafa practitioners for a talk. Practitioners are placed under arrest immediately if they refuse to write guarantees to quit practicing Falun Gong. The strategy goes like this: leaders of every work unit (employer) will call in Falun Dafa practitioners for a talk in the district government, where members of the "610 Office" and the political and judiciary committee are already present. If the practitioner refuses to write a guarantee statement and insists on to continuing to practice Falun Gong, police officers waiting downstairs will immediately come to place the practitioner under arrest. So far, several Falun Dafa practitioners have been arrested in this manner and sent directly to the Jinzhou City No. 2 Detention Center.
9. [Tangshan City, Hebei Province] Tangshan Forced Labor Camp Inhumanely Tortures Falun Dafa Practitioner Ms. Cui Yanqiu from Langfang City
Ms. Cui Yanqiu was unlawfully incarcerated for one year for stepping forward to validate Falun Dafa. She served a one-year term in the Tangshan Forced Labor Camp. Her term was extended by eight months upon completion of her sentence, as her faith in Falun Dafa remained steadfast. Eight months passed, and she still refused to give in. To this date, she has remained in unlawful custody. On May 7, 2003, the police forcibly placed her and several other steadfast Falun Dafa practitioners into an isolated brainwashing class. Ten police officers are taking turns to torture the practitioners, depriving them of sleep. Ms. Cui Yanqiu has gone on a hunger strike. Her health has completely deteriorated as a result of torture and abuse.
10. [Langfang City, Hebei Province] Langfang City "610 Office" Holds Brainwashing Classes Again
The Bureau of Pipelines in Langfang City, Hebei Province has coordinated with the city's "610 Office" in sponsoring brainwashing classes once again to harass Falun Dafa practitioners. A large-scale campaign is now underway to arrest Falun Dafa practitioners in the area.
11. [Chengdu City, Sichuan Province] Falun Dafa Practitioners Ms. Yu Xuemei and Ms. Tao Juhua Unlawfully Detained by Police
In early May, four Falun Dafa practitioners were unlawfully arrested at Ms. Yu Xuemei's home in Shuxiang Lane on Xinhong Road in Chengdu City, Sichuan Province. In addition to Ms. Yu, Ms. Tao Juhua, who had been forced out of her home and did not have a place to live, was also arrested. The practitioners were unlawfully held in the Pi County Detention Center. Ms. Yu Xuemei has been on a hunger strike and was thus transferred to the Qingyang District People's Hospital. On the fourth floor of the hospital building, there is a special section for persecuting Falun Dafa practitioners who are on hunger strike or otherwise sick. Several practitioners from Anhui Province are also held on the fourth floor. Ms. Jin Lianhua, and a Falun Dafa practitioner from Anhui Province, both in their twenties, had been unlawfully held for over eight months in the Xindu Detention Center. When both of them were sent to a forced labor camp, it was found that the practitioner from Anhui Province suffered from pulmonary tuberculosis and Ms. Jin has heart disease. However the detention center refused to release them and transferred the Anhui practitioner to the Qingyang District People's Hospital for continued detention.
12. [Qianjiang City, Hubei Province] Falun Dafa Practitioners Clarifying Truth Unlawfully Captured by Police
Around June of this year, the police in Qianjiang City started a frenzied campaign to arrest Falun Dafa practitioners who explain the facts about Falun Gong to the public. Some practitioners unlawfully held in custody in the detention center are: Ms. Liao Cuiyun, Ms. Liu Shigui, Ms. Zhou Meizhi, Mr. Zhang Guiwu, and Mr. Xu Yinkun.
13. [Zhuhai City, Guangdong Province] Over Forty Falun Dafa Practitioners Continue to Be Unlawfully Held in a Brainwashing Center
More than forty Falun Dafa practitioners continue to be unlawfully held in the Minfu Brainwashing Center in Gongbei area in Zhuhai City, Guangdong Province. Those held the longest have spent over a year in the brainwashing center. Mr. Lin Wuyong, Mr. Ding Yicen, Ms. Han and others have been there since April 2002. Other practitioners were taken there before last November. The Minfu Brainwashing Center has cancelled all visits from family members, and Falun Dafa practitioners are not allowed to leave their rooms.
On July 8, 2003, the Dongshan District "610 Office" in Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province all of a sudden and forcibly sent Ms. Jiang Xun to the brainwashing center.
The following are some of those who are directly responsible for the persecution.
Telephone number of the Zhuguang Street Police Station of the Dongshan District Division of the
Police Department: 86-20-83827649.
Police Officer: Deng Xucong.
Telephone number of the Xinfu Lane Residential Committee: 86-20-83303943; Address: No. 3 Zhantang Road, Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province.
14. [China] Jiang's Regime Plans to Air a TV Series to Poison Public Opinion
On July 11, 2003, the People's Daily of the Party's central organization reported that, Life Is Innocent, a misleading TV series defaming Falun Dafa is to be broadcast to a broader area. We request Falun Dafa practitioners to send forth righteous thoughts to eliminate the evil and thwart this attempt at disinformation.
15. [Jixi City, Heilongjiang Province] Gao Wenliang, Head of the Security Section in the Xiaohengshan Mine, Persecutes Falun Dafa Practitioner Ms. He Meifang
In February 2001, Gao Wenliang led others to unlawfully arrest Ms. He Meifang from her home and sent her to the notorious Wanjia Forced Labor Camp in Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province.
Gao Wenliang's mobile phone number: 86-13946859096.
July 11, 2003