The Persecution of Falun Gong Practitioners in Pingjiang County, Yueyang City, Hunan Province
Clearwisdom.net)1. Mrs. Zou Ruxiang, 53 years old, a staff member at the Nitrogen Fertilizer Factory in Pingjiang County, Yoyang City:
"In February of 2000, I went to appeal for Falun Gong in order to clarify the truth to the government. The police illegally kidnapped me on the way and held me at Pingjiang Detention Center for a month. After I was released, the personnel from the police department, the local police station, and the political and legal agencies frequently came to my home and disturbed my normal life. Finally, they kidnapped me to a brainwashing center.
"In order to avoid any further such harassment, I was forced to leave home. During that time, Pingjiang County Police Department extorted 10,000 Yuan [Chinese currency, the monthly salary for an average Chinese urban worker is about 500 Yuan] from my husband. In 2001, I went back to Pingjiang County and temporarily lived at another practitioner's home in the Town of Wukou. Officers from Wukou Police Station illegally arrested the practitioner, his wife, and me and sent us to Pingjiang Detention Center.
"Several days later, the police from Pingjiang County Police Department illegally sent me to Baimalong Forced Labor Camp in Zhuzhou. In this camp, the police forced us to watch video programs slandering Falun Gong day and night. They tortured us with sleep deprivation, standing, kneeling, high-volume noise, and shocks from electric batons and ordered the inmates to beat us.
"I went on a hunger strike in order to resist the evil persecution. They put a bamboo tube with a sharpened tip into my mouth and force-fed me, breaking two of my teeth. Upon seeing that I still would not give up my belief of "Truthfulness, Compassion, Forbearance," the police forced me into the Zhuzhou City Second Mental Hospital.
"Several police officers held me down on a bed, tied my four limbs with thick bandages, and gave me intravenous fluid with a neurotoxic drug. For more than 40 days, I was tied to the bed without eating or drinking. My body was soaked in feces and urine. I was in alternating states of coma and consciousness and finally totally lost consciousness. The police kept giving me the toxins the whole time.
"In June of 2002 when my husband came to pick me up, I did not know who he was, I was blind, my four limbs were numb, and I was not at all coherent. According to my family members, I lost all of my memory and did not even know how to eat or drink. I was terriblely skinny with a rotten and filthy odor emitting from the area of my back and buttocks. I weighed about 60 lbs. There was blood coming from my mouth and my breathing was very weak. My family members brought me home and took good care of me. It took me several months before I gradually regained coherency and the ability to eat. I still could not remember all that had happened. With the help from other practitioners, I started to study the Fa and practice the exercises. I am trying my best to recall the persecution that I suffered, and tell the facts to the world."2. Ms. Zou Wenyu, a teacher at Qiaodong Elementary School in the Town of Nanjiang, Pingjiang:
"When Jiang's regime started the persecution of Falun Gong in 1999, I went to appeal in accordance with the law. On February 29, 2000, the police from Pingjiang illegally arrested me at the appeals office and held me for more than 80 days at the detention center. They extorted 10,000 Yuan from me and suspended my salary.
"In October of 2000, I was illegally sentenced to one and half years in Baimalong Forced Labor Camp in Zhuzhou. In July 2001, because of the severe torture I was subjected to in the labor camp, my vison started to deteriorate, and by September 2001 I was completely blind. I lost sensation in both of my legs; my whole body was swollen and painful; I lost the ability to take care of my own day to day needs and was almost completely incapacitated.
"In April of 2002, seeing that I was dying, the police told my family members to take me home in order to avoid responsibility for my death. After I arrived home, the personnel from "610 Office" [a bureau specifically created by the Chinese government to persecute Falun Gong. It has absolute power over each level of administration in the Party, as well as over the political and judiciary branches] continued to harass me at home. With the help from other practitioners, I persisted in study the Fa, practicing the exercises, and clarifying the truth. I have now basically recovered. In February 2003, the police from Yuping Police Station kidnapped me and confiscated 1,100 Yuan and a Dafa book from me. They illegally sent me to a detention center for more than 20 days."3. Mr. Wang Gu'an, 65 years old, a native of Changtan Village in Shijiang Xiang, Nanjiang County, Pingjiang:
"In March 2000, I legally appealled for Falun Gong. The police kidnapped me and illegally held me for 50 days at Pingjiang Detention Center. The police tortured me with physical punishment such as making me walk on my knees and shocking me with electric batons. They also extorted 800 Yuan from me.
"In August 2000, the police from Pingjiang County Police Department illegally detained me for two months and extorted 600 Yuan from me. In January 2001, they illegally held me at Pingjiang County Detention Center for two months. I went on a hunger strike in order to protest the persecution. The police force-fed me and sent me to a brainwashing center. In May 2002, because I wrote "Falun Dafa is good", they illegally sentenced me to five years. They kidnapped my wife, practitioner Fang Ganhua, in March of 2000 and illegally detained her for more than 50 days. During detention, they brutally beat her. Now she is alone at home, in great financial hardship."
4. Ms. Zhong Yanghua, 61 years old, of Chenjiazui in Miaopu, the Town of Nanjiang, Pingjiang, went to Beijing to appeal in February of 2000. On March 1, 2000, the personnel from Nanjiang government and Pingjiang Police Department illegally held her for three months at Pingjiang Detention Center and extorted 800 Yuan from her. After her release, they kidnapped her again and sent her to a brainwashing center for 15 days. They illegally ransacked her home three times and extorted more than 3000 Yuan from her.
5. Ms. Jin Zhilan, 57 years old, of Chenjiazui in Miaopu, the Town of Nanjiang, Pingjiang, went to Beijing to appeal in February of 2000. On March 1, 2000, the police illegally held her at Pingjiang Detention Center for three months and extorted 800 Yuan from her. The Nanjiang government extorted 3000 Yuan from her. After she was released, they kidnapped her again and sent her to a brainwashing center for 15 days. The "610 Office" personnel often came to search her house and harass her.
6. Zuo Jihua, female, 46 years old, of Zhendong Jie in the Town of Nanjiang, Pingjiang, was kidnapped and illegally detained three times for eight days, two months, and three months, respectively in 2001. During her second detention, the police force-fed, tortured, beat, and subjected her to brainwashing. In August 2001, they illegally sent her to a forced labor camp and extorted 1000 Yuan from her.
7. Chen Huaxin, female, 51 years old, of Qiaodong Village in the Town of Nanjiang, Pingjiang, went to appeal for Falun Gong in February of 2000. The police kidnapped her on the way and detained her for more than 30 days. During the detention, they tortured, beat, and shocked her. The Nanjiang government extorted 10,800 Yuan from her and ransacked her home several times. She has been homeless for nearly a year since then. At this time we do not know her whereabouts.
8. Wang Xiangrong, female, of Fushan Village in Shijiang Village, Pingjiang County went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong in February of 2000. The Shijiang Village government illegally ransacked her home and took everything away, and sent her to the Pingjiang County Detention Center for two months. They extorted 800 Yuan from her. When she lived at her daughter's house, the city police department illegally detained her for a month and extorted 500 Yuan from her. In 2002, the police illegally searched her house and found Dafa materials. They then sent her to Pingjiang Detention Center for three months and extorted 3000 Yuan from her.
9. Ou Qianqian, male, of Fuxi Village in Shijiang Village, Pingjiang County, went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong in March of 2000. The police detained him for more than 30 days. During this time, they tortured and beat him, ransacked his house, extorted 6800 Yuan from him, and sent him to a brainwashing center for 15 days. In August 2000, they kidnapped him for more than 20 days, extorted 200 Yuan, and ransacked his home many times.
10. Zhang Yanhui, female, Shapu Village in Shijiang Village, Pingjiang County, went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong in February of 2000. The police detained her for more than 40 days. During this time, they tortured and beat her and ransacked her house many times. Li Duo from the Jiangnan Town government extorted 5000 Yuan from her. In 2001, they sent her to Pingjiang Detention Center for 10 days and extorted 100 Yuan from her.
11. Ou Liuying, female, of Xi Jie in the Town of Jiangnan, Pingjiang County, went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong in March 2000. The police detained her at Pingjiang Detention Center for more than 30 days, extorted 7000 Yuan from her, and forcefully subjected her to brainwashing for 15 days.
12. Cao Tanhua, female, 56 years old, of Fushan Village in Shijiang Village, Pingjiang County, appealed for Falun Gong in 2000. The police detained her for more than 30 days and brutally beat her. The Jiangnan government extorted 5000 Yuan from her, ransacked her home twice, and subjected her to forced brainwashing for 15 days.
13. Tang Gemei, female, a staff member at the Electric Power Station in Nanjiang, Pingjiang, was illegally detained for 40 days in 2001 and 7 months in 2002. They extorted 4000 Yuan and ransacked her home several times. In the detention center, the police brutally beat, tortured, and locked her in a small dark cell.
14. Li Wolong, male, 42 years old, a teacher at the Pingjiang 4th High School, was illegally detained at Pingjiang Detention Center for more than 30 days for clarifying the truth about Falun Gong. The police from Pingjiang Police Department extorted 4000 Yuan from him. On the night he was arrested, his sick wife had a mental breakdown and was sent the county's hospital for resuscitation. The county's Department of Education illegally suspended him from work for two months and denied his salary of 6000 Yuan. His home was also ransacked many times.
15. Ouyang Zhenran, male, 45 years old, a staff member of Nanjiang Forestry Station in Pingjiang County went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong in February of 2000. The police from Pingjiang County Police Department illegally detained him for 3 months and sent him to a brainwashing center for 15 days. In August of 2000, officers from the Nanjiang Police Station kidnapped him from work, illegally detained him for 35 days and extorted more than 1000 Yuan from him. On January 17, 2001, the police from Nanjiang Police Station illegally detained him for 5 days. In March of 2001, the officers from Yueyang and Pingjiang police departments kidnapped him from work, sent him to a detention center for 7 days, and confiscated two Falun Gong books after a search of his house. Peng Haolong, a supervisor at the Nanjiang Forestry Station, illegally withheld 6000 Yuan of his salary. The Nanjiang Township extorted 10,000 yuan from him and ransacked his house many times. They also sent his wife, Falun Dafa practitioner Zhan Guanghua, to a brainwashing center many times.
16. Mao Zhaohua, female, 40 years old, of Tangpu Village in the Town of Nanjiang, Pingjiang County, went to appeal in February 2000 and was illegally detained for more than 40 days. During her detention, the police brutally beat and tortured her. They forcefully subjected her to brainwashing for 7 days, tied her up on a truck and paraded her along the street to insult her for one day, and ransacked her home many times.
17. Liu Exiang, female, 57 years old, of Meishu Group at Qiaodong Village in the Town of Nanjiang, Pingjiang, was kidnapped in February of 2000 for going to Beijing to appeal and was illegally detained for 45 days. The Nanjiang Township extorted 9000 Yuan from her. In December 2001, the police from Nanjiang Police Station sent her to Pingjiang Detention Center for 45 days, force-fed her and subjected her to brainwashing many times. In April of 2003, they illegally sent her to Pingjiang Detention Center for 9 days and forcefully sent her husband Ou Longhui to a brainwashing center and extorted 300 Yuan from him.
18. Lou Lian, female, of Qiaodong Village in the Town of Nanjiang, Pingjiang, was kidnapped by the police in Yueyang City. They illegally detained her for 19 days and extorted 6000 Yuan from her. In April of 2003, officers from Nanjiang Police Station sent her to Pingjiang Detention Center for 9 days, extorted 120 Yuan from her, and ransacked her home many times.
19. Li Lianying, female, 64 years old, was a staff member at Nanjiang Hospital. In December of 2001, the police illegally ransacked her home, kidnapped her, and extorted 3000 Yuan from her family members.
Some of the authorities responsible include:
Li Zhihui, the Party Secretary of Pingjiang Politics and Law Committee
"610 Office": Director Zhan Xiru: 730-6288339, (cell) 13907409319; Pan Jianmin 730-6224345 or 730-6224972; (cell) 13707409572
The Police Squad: Li Jianzhou is the Head and Wang Huaixin is the Party Secretary
Detention Center: Director Li Jinan and Instructor Li Boqing