Dafa Practitioners Tortured at Changchun City No. 3 Detention Center, Jilin Province
(Clearwisdom.net) In order to protest against the illegal persecution, some Dafa practitioners detained at Shuangyang No. 3 Detention Center in Changchun City went on a hunger strike and insisted on practicing Falun Gong. Some detention officials and doctors resorted to cruel means to further torture and persecute Dafa practitioners. The following is a brief summary of the brutalities:
- Wearing shackles: When practitioners held hunger strikes and refused to eat, the police threatened, "We will lock you with shackles if you don't eat." If practitioners insisted, the police would drag the practitioners to the guard's room and lock their handcuffs and shackles together. The practitioners had to stay in a bowing position, not being able to keep straight. They could not even do the simplest things such as wash their faces and use the bathroom.
- Force-feeding: When practitioners went on a hunger strike in the morning, the police started to force-feed them that same day. To make things worse, the police used raw corn flour mixed with black and red pepper powder to force-feed the practitioners.
- Using a kind of stink "bomb" to assist in the forced feeding: If the practitioners refused to open their mouths, detention center doctors would make use of a drug called a "bomb"(We don't know the nature of this drug) that emits a very strong odor. The smell is so strong that the hunger strikers had to open their mouths to breathe, allowing the police to force-feed them. Some practitioner's noses were badly injured by this "bomb".
- Torture done by piercing the finger-tips and the hand joints of the practitioners with needles.
- Punishing the whole group: When Dafa practitioners went on a hunger strike, refused to wear uniforms, or practiced Falun Gong exercises, the police would impose punishment upon everyone in the cell (Forcing them to sit on a bench for long period of time, or not allowing them to sleep). They intended to make the other inmates hate Dafa practitioners.
- Instigating the heads of inmates and other criminal inmates to monitor, beat and psychologically abuse the practitioners.