Latest News From China - 06/27/2003
- [Chengdu City] Xinjin County Police Illegally Arrest Several Falun Dafa Practitioners
- [Jiaozuo City, Henan Province] More Than a Dozen Falun Dafa Practitioners are Illegally Sent to a Brainwashing Center
- [China] The "610 Office" is Seeking Spies From Among Brainwashed People to Contact Falun Dafa Practitioners Overseas
- [Liangzhou, Gansu Province] The "610" Police Illegally Arrest Falun Dafa Practitioner Li Yuanshou
- [Kaifeng, Henan Province] Police Illegally Arrest Falun Dafa Practitioners
- [Baise City, Guangxi Province] Police Torture and Interrogate Falun Dafa Practitioner
- [Kaifeng, Henan Province] The Kaifeng Brainwashing Center Illegally Detains Falun Dafa Practitioners
- [Xuchang City, Henan Province] The Third Forced Labor Camp Escalates the Persecution of Falun Dafa Practitioners
- [Qiqihar City, Helongjiang Province] The Police at Xingongdi Police Station in Tiefeng District Escalate the Persecution of Falun Dafa Practitioners
- [Hulutao City, Liaoning Province] Falun Dafa Practitioners Liu Yunpeng and His Wife are Illegally Arrested
- [Loudi, Hunan Province] Police Illegally Arrest Falun Dafa Practitioners
- [Hengyang city, Hunan Province] A Small, Partial List of Illegally Detained Falun Dafa Practitioners
- [Sihui City, Guangdong Province] Police Illegally Arrest Several Falun Dafa Practitioners
- [Zhongmao County, Henan Province] Police Illegally Arrest Two Falun Dafa Practitioners
- [Weifang City, Shandong Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Ji Junshan is Persecuted
- [Henan Province] Police Violence at Baimiao Forced Labor Camp
- [Hulutao, Liaoning Province] Police Illegally Arrest Falun Gong Practitioner He Yujie
[Chengdu City] Xinjin County Police Illegally Arrest Several Falun Dafa Practitioners
On the morning of June 21, 2003, police from the Xinjin County Police Department illegally arrested 60 year old female practitioner Wen Shuqiong.
In June 2003, female practitioner Li Yingming, from Xinjing County, explained the facts about Falun Gong in Hanchang, Dayi County, and was arrested by officers from the Dayi County Police Department. She is currently being detained in Dayi county.
In September 2002, police from the Xinjin County Police Department searched 49-year-old practitioner Liu Xueming's house, found Dafa materials, and arrested him. At the beginning of June 2003, they illegally sentenced him to seven years.
[Jiaozuo City, Henan Province] More Than a Dozen Falun Dafa Practitioners Illegally Sent to a Brainwashing Center
In May, Jiaozuo City again held a brainwashing session in order to persecute Falun Dafa practitioners. More than a dozen practitioners were illegally sent there. The police have someone coming from Hebei Province specially to assist in the brainwashing.
[China] The "610 Office" is Seeking Spies From Among Brainwashed People to Contact Falun Dafa Practitioners Overseas
Several local "610 Offices"* are looking for people who practiced Falun Gong before but were led astray, specifically to contact practitioners overseas. They are looking in places including universities, where the brainwashed people may have many intellectuals working for them. The "610 Offices" will provide all conveniences, which may include the information of practitioners overseas. These people would contact the practitioners overseas as well as people inside China to spread rumors.
* "610 Office" is an agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political and judiciary systems.
[Liangzhou, Gansu Province] The "610" Police Illegally Arrest Falun Dafa Practitioner Li Yuanshou
The "610 Office" police, including Chen Fenggang, have repeatedly harrassed practitioner Li Yuanshou, a resident of Guoyuan Village in Hongxiang Village, Wuwei City, and forced him to leave home periodically to avoid persecution. Around June 20, 2003, the police arrested him at his home.
Another practitioner, Ms. Cui, from Qingyang, left home to avoid the persecution and was arrested by Wuwei police between June 20th and June 25th, 2003. We are investigating the details.
[Kaifeng, Henan Province] Police Illegally Arrest Falun Dafa Practitioners
On May 23, 2003, more than a dozen officers from the Nanjiao Police Station, including Yuan Xingzhen, He Xinliang, Gao Zhanbei, Guo Jianmin, Chang Sanlai, and Li Dong, illegally arrested practitioners Mr. Pan Jiaquan, Ms. Ning Xiuzhi, and Ms. Ning Lanzhi from the fields where they were working, and searched their homes. Later they released Ning Xiuzhi and Ning Lanzhi. Pan Jiaquan was illegally detained for 15 days and was released on June 9. At midnight on June 10, the police again harrassed Pan at home. On June 11, they again illegally arrested Pan from his work unit at Kaifeng Pharmaceuticals and sent him to Kaifeng Detention Center.
[Baise City, Guangxi Province] Police Torture and Interrogate Falun Dafa Practitioner
Liang Changying, 33, teaches at the Youjiang District Communist Party School. On July 15, 2002, police officers, including Chen Yaxi from the Youjiang District Police Branch, broke into her home, and arrested her as soon as she came home from work. However, they did not find any "evidence" after illegally searching the apartment. They then covered her eyes with a black cloth and took her to Room 1024 in a hotel. They handcuffed her, hung her up by her wrists, tortured and interrogated her. Six police officers (three male and three female) took turns interrogating her for ten days and nights. They did not allow her to sleep, and shocked her with electric batons whenever she closed her eyes.
Police Chen Yaxi's telephone: 86-776-2830443, 86-776-2821276.
[Kaifeng, Henan Province] The Kaifeng Brainwashing Center Illegally Detains Falun Dafa Practitioners
The Kaifeng "610 Office" is still detaining practitioners at a brainwashing center. The city's Party Committee requests that all district committees charge a fine, and not release any practitioners without the money being paid. The brainwashing center is very similar to a jail, as they detain the practitioners indefinitely. Currently, the "610 Office" forces each practitioner to hand in photos in order to establish records. We hope all practitioners in Kaifeng City will send forth righteous thoughts to eliminate the evil.
[Xuchang City, Henan Province] The Third Forced Labor Camp Escalates the Persecution of Falun Dafa Practitioners
The Third Forced Labor Camp of Henan Province is located at Xuchang City, where male practitioners from 14 cities are being detained. The police have been escalating the persecution of practitioners. Practitioners are sufferring from inhuman torture including "Tying the Ropes,"* beating with clubs, electric shock, forceful brainwashing, force-feeding, and sleep deprivation. They attempt to force practitioners to give up their belief in Dafa, and many practitioners have become injured or disabled from the torture.
* In "Tying the Ropes" the police tie up the practitioner with a thin rope, circle the rope around his neck, and tie his hands behind his back.áThen the police use all the force they can muster to tighten the rope.áThe rope becomes tighter and tighter around the body of the practitioner, and makes it more and more difficult for him to breathe. The pain is so intense that the practitioner sometimes loses control of his bladder.áThere are instances when the rope was tightened enough to break a practitioner's arm.
[Qiqihar City, Helongjiang Province] The Police at Xingongdi Police Station in Tiefeng District Escalate the Persecution of Falun Dafa Practitioners
In May and June 2003, the Police at the Xingongdi Police Station escalated their persecution of practitioners. The head of the station, Wang Mingjiang, illegally interrogated practitioners and said, "You say that I persecute you, then I will persecute you." He forced the practitioners to have their finger prints taken for police records. At the end of May, the police held a meeting and arranged for further persecution.
[Hulutao City, Liaoning Province] Falun Dafa Practitioners Liu Yunpeng and His Wife are Illegally Arrested
On the morning of June 25, 2003, Liu Yunpeng was working at the Chemical Research Institute when officers from the city's police department illegally arrested him. He was suspected of being a practitioner because the police found his phone number with other practitioners. Later, the police from Lianshan District searched his home and illegally took his wife Xia Shuhua. They left a three-year-old child at home. The police intended to illegally sentence them to three years of forced labor, but that has been delayed because Liu developed a high fever. Currently, the couple are being illegally held at the city's detention center.
Hulutao City Police Department: 86-429-3113154 (office); 86-429-3113161
Lianshan District Police Branch: 86-429-2160365 (Director's Office); 86-429-2160807 (Assistant Director's Office).
Lianshan District Chemical Police Station: (Director's Office).
Hulutao City Detention Center: 86-429-3960813 (on-call room); 86-429-3960806 (Political Commissar's Office).
[Loudi, Hunan Province] Police Illegally Arrest Falun Dafa Practitioners
Four practitioners, including Ms. Li Guiying practiced Falun Gong exercises at a street park and were illegally arrested.
[Hengyang city, Hunan Province] A Small, Partial List of Illegally Detained Falun Dafa Practitioners
Male practitioners detained: Nie Feiyue, Kang Dongsheng, and Chen Jinsui
Female practitioners detained: Yang Suying, Liu Jianhong, Zhu Yali, and Zhang Xiu'e.
[Sihui City, Guangdong Province] Police Illegally Arrest Several Falun Dafa Practitioners
In mid May, the police arrested female practitioners Liang Liqiong, Feng Yu'er, and Zhang Ya'ni, along with male practitioner Chen Zhenqun. They also relentlessly persecuted other local practitioners including Ms. He Yanglian, who was later illegally arrested as well.
[Zhongmao County, Henan Province] Police Illegally Arrest Two Falun Dafa Practitioners
Around June 20, 2003, the police illegally arrested two practitioners for distributing materials clarifying the facts about Falun Gong. They were brutally tortured by police.
[Weifang City, Shandong Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Ji Junshan Is Persecuted
Ji Junshan is a resident of Bajia Village in the Town of Fushan in Weicheng District. Around 8 a.m. on June 19, 2003, four people, including Yu Haiyan and Li Yong from the Town of Fushan, drove to Ji Junshan's home. They illegally confiscated Ji's property including a DVD player, a radio, and a copy of Zhuan Falun [mainábook of Falun Dafa]. Because Ji was not at home at the time he was not arrested.
[Henan Province] Police Violence at Baimiao Forced Labor Camp
Police officer He Xianglong was ordered to torture Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Song Xu with force-feeding and brutal beatings. The scene was very viscous.
The police also used electric shock batons on male practitioners Quan Peijun, Xu Xiaowu, and Zhang. Police officer Guo Liuyi shocked practitioner Xu Xiaowu's penis. The perpetrators were afraid of exposure of these crimes, and forbid the practitioners' families from visiting them for more than a month after the torture.
[Hulutao, Liaoning Province] Police Illegally Arrest Falun Gong Practitioner He Yujie
On June 13, 2003, police from the Wenquan Police Station illegally arrested He Yujie. The phone number for the police station is: 86-429-5152882.