June 25, 2003

(Clearwisdom.net June 27, 2003)

Ms. Wang Ailing was 51 years old, worked in the Hebei Zhaojiakou Printing Factory, and lived in the family member courtyard of the Zhangjiakou City First Affiliated Hospital. She had been to Beijing many times to peacefully appeal for Falun Gong and validate Dafa, and had been arrested six times until she died from maltreatment on May 15, 2001 [Her story has previously been published on the Clearwisdom website as reported at the end of this article]

On October 24, 1999, Ms. Wang went to Beijing to validate Dafa. She sat in meditation under the national flag, but was arrested and sent to the Tiananmen Police Station, where she was subjected to severe beatings. Later on, she was sent back to the Zhangjiakou City Police Department's Qiaoxi Branch. There she was illegally searched, and more than 600 Yuan [500 Yuan is the average monthly income for an urban worker in China.] was confiscated. They then sent her to the Xuanhua Detention Center. Ms. Wang went on a hunger strike to demand her release, but was force-fed instead. After force-feeding, they bound Ms. Wang to a steel chair, and, along with eight others, placed in a straight line in the courtyard. The criminals and police alike packed the courtyard to swear at and humiliate them. Lin, the section chief of Qiaoxi branch, was on-site.

On April 24, 2000, Ms. Wang again went to Beijing to peacefully appeal. She was arrested and sent to the Beijing Yongdingmen Railway Station's police station, where she was isolated, interrogated and kept in a small cell. Later on they sent her to the Xuanhua Detention Center for further unlawful detention. Ms. Wang went on a hunger strike to demand her release. In the end when she was on the verge of death, her son was allowed to take her home.

On October 6, 2000, Ms. Wang Ailing went to Beijing to validate Dafa but was again arrested. She was sent back to Zhangjiakou City's Shisanli Detention Center and illegally detained.

On December 23, 2000, Ms. Wang returned to Beijing to validate Dafa. While unfurling a banner on Tiananmen Square she was knocked to the ground by a plain-clothes police officer, her banner was confiscated and she was sent to the Changping County Detention Center. On the afternoon of December 24, she was forcibly sent to a psychiatric hospital. Along with over 10 other Falun Dafa practitioners there, she went on a hunger strike to protest the persecution, and as a result was sent to the Beijing Dongcheng District Detention Center for 2 days' illegal detention. During the interrogation, the police cursed at her while slapping her face, first with one hand and then the other. After she was sent back to Zhangjiakou City, she was detained in the Xuanhua Detention Center, where she once again went on a hunger strike. She was not released until February 2001 when she was approaching death, and in addition was unlawfully fined. This time after Ms. Wang was taken home, she did not recover. She had shortness of breath, swelling in her body, and she couldn't lie down.

Around April 25, 2001, police from the Mingdebei Police Station went to her home to harass her and jeered, "See what you've gotton from practicing your exercises." Ms. Wang told him sternly, "This is not from practicing the exercises. This is entirely the result of your persecution." The policeman had nothing to say. At the beginning of May, Ms. Wang's condition was deteriorating day by day. She fell into a coma and lost control of her bowels and bladder, became short of breath and developed severe swelling. In the end, she went into a coma and never woke up. On May 15th, 2001 at 3:15 PM, Ms. Wang passed away at the Zhangjiakou First Affiliated Hospital.

Related reports: The Noble Process of Appeal by Wang Ailing, a Practitioner Who Died From Maltreatment

The list of perpetrators:

The director of the Mingdebei Police Station of Zhangjiakou City: Zhang Ke.