Practitioner Sun Shizhong was tortured to death on April 19, 2002 in the Yinmahe Labor Camp in Jiutai County, Jilin Province. The criminals who committed the murder under police direction have been convicted, but the policeman directly responsible for the incident has still not been charged.

Around noon on April 19, 2002, 12 practitioners who were kidnapped from different places were brought to the labor camp. In the office of the training team, policeman Lu Changtai attempted to force them to "break up" with Falun Gong. He asked the criminals there to get electric batons and force practitioners to take off their clothes to be shocked. The police turned over three practitioners, Sun Shizhong, Shi Renji, and Zhang Guangchao to the criminals and let them take the three to a designated torture room. There the criminals took turns savagely beating the three practitioners. The criminals tied Sun Shizhong and Shi Renji to the bed, and used wooden clubs to beat them up. They used their elbows to hit them, stomped on them , and forced practitioners' legs up against their heads. They clawed at Shi Renji's rib cage with their fingernails. Mr. Shi's rib was broken and there was blood all over his shirt. The criminals tried to force the two practitioners to each take a club and beat each other. When the practitioners refused the criminals savagely beat them again. Later they took Sun Shizhong to the water room to beat him up. Around 5 pm, one of the criminals said: "He is probably dead." The other said: "He is faking." The next morning they discovered that as a result of the beating, Mr. Sun had been dead for quite some time.

The four criminals who participated in the beating were all convicted and given sentences ranging from 7 to 20 years. There were two collaborators (former Dafa practitioners who have turned against Dafa due to torture and pressure), Wang Bo and Xuequan, at the scene. The worst part is that policeman Gao Ke of the training team, who directly ordered the criminals to beat up the practitioners, has still not been charged for his part in directing the criminals to beat Sun Shizhong to death.