(Clearwisdom May 8)

The following is my testimony against the Jiang regime's brutal persecution that started on July 20, 1999 that caused me to become permanently disabled. I submit my testimony to aid the International court and the the World Organization to Investigate the Persecution of Falun Gong learn more details about the brutal means that Jiang and his police have used to persecute Falun Gong practitioners.

In January 1999, I started to practice Falun Gong. Before that, I had colitis and often had pus and blood in my stool. I tried all medical treatments but the condition could not be cured. After practicing Falun Gong, the disease was quickly cured. Since then, I have lived my life according to the principles of "Truthfulness, Compassion and Tolerance"* and tried be a good person at my workplace and in society.

Since July 20, 1999, my company suspended my job and salary. Later, the management sent me to do the hardest and most thankless job -- selling tickets on the street.

I was illegally detained on three occasions. By the end of October 1999, I went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong. Falsely accusing me of the crime of "Disrupting Social Order," the police arrested me and sent me to Qinhuangdao City's No. One Detention Center. Because the detention center was overcrowded with Dafa practitioners, they later transferred me to Qinhuangdao City's Funing County Detention Center. I was detained there for 15 days. After my release, my company refused to take me back at work. They insisted I write a "guarantee letter"** to give up my belief as a condition for going back to work.

On December 25, 1999, policemen from No. 2 Division of Police Station abducted me from my home and again sent me to the First Detention Center. I was illegally detained for one month. During my detention there, I was forced to sit on the bench for a long time every day. The police also encouraged a drug addict named Fang to curse and beat practitioners arbitrarily. Fang was even allowed to appropriate practitioners' money and property. After my release, the Department of Transportation leaders refused to allow me to work. They used money as a tool to blackmail me. Our family has four people, including two school-aged children. My husband's salary was only 400 Yuan a month. After five months, our savings were drained. However, the managers said, "No job, no food, let's see what you can practice now. You have to write the guarantee letter in order to come back." Feeling desperate and hopeless, I wrote a guarantee letter against my conscience. Later, I regretted this very much. This is how they persecute Dafa practitioners under Jiang's secret command: "Defame their reputations, bankrupt them financially, destroy them physically."

However, a month later in April 2000, a deputy manager abducted me to a brainwashing center at the Qinhuangdao Development District. I was forced to stay there for one month. They forced us to conduct drills, marching around in military style everyday. Every practitioner had to pay 450 Yuan*** living expenses. In addition, each practitioner's employer had to pay 1150 Yuan per person as well. If anyone said no, their money would be directly deducted from their paychecks. I went to work for one month but in the end I was paid only 23.26 Yuan. Facing such arbitrary persecution continuously, I gradually realized that I could not passively go along with it any more.

On July 5, 2000, I made another trip to Beijing to appeal. The policemen in Tiananmen Square had no mercy with the kind and peaceful practitioners. They punched and kicked us, some even struck us with clubs. I was immediately sent to the Tiananmen Police Station. Later on they dragged me into a police car and headed to the Qinhuangdao Second Detention Center.

Facing the evil persecution, practitioners in the detention center staged a hunger strike. The police and the Police Hospital staff brutally fed practitioners by inserting a plastic tube through their nostrils. Some practitioners were forced to receive an infusion. To enforce the feeding and infusion, police even used handcuffs. On July 13, 2000, police from Number 2 Division transferred me to Kaiping District First Labor Camp in Tangshan City, Hebei Province. Even though I did not eat anything at the Qinhuangdao Second Detention Center, they still forced my family to pay 450 Yuan for the force-feeding.

In the labor camp, I suffered the most brutal tortures imaginable. My hands were severely scalded by boiling water. I could not do anything for a month. Now my right thumb is severely disfigured. Scars from the burn are visible on both hands.

I also suffered many tortures, including extended electric baton shocking, being hung from a tree in winter by my bound hands, sleep deprivation, being tied to the warehouse window fence, extended standing punishment and solitary confinement, plus being exposed to a high volume loudspeaker broadcasting propaganda from 6:00a.m. to 10:00p.m., just to name a few.

On January 16, 2001, the labor camp began to intensify the persecution of Falun Gong practitioners. At 1:00 p.m., Camp Director Xu Deshan and Deputy Director Ruan Daguo showed up; with them were the entire police force, policemen and women and ten other policemen from Hehuakeng Labor Camp. They immediately began to torture all practitioners by punching and kicking them. They cuffed some practitioners and hung them in the air to a tree or pillars. Nearly a hundred Dafa practitioners were hung up that day. The torture lasted from 7:00a.m. to 10:00p.m. A few practitioners were tortured even until midnight. Zhang Yuqing and several other practitioners were hung up because of their hunger strikes. They were forced to stand still until the next morning when they agreed to eat. It was very cold that day. The extended hunger strike and the punishing weather made them so weak that they could hardly move.

On January 19, 2001, the persecution of Falun Gong intensified. At 6 a.m., while we were forced to do drills in the morning marching, I saw practitioner Hao Jianling (female, 44 years old, from Yibuzhai Village, Shenhe Township, Funing County, Hebei Province) being hung up to a tree branch. I openly expressed my dismay at such brutality. Upon hearing my comment, Policeman Wang Xueli (male labor camp supply department head) led more than 20 police officers to tie me up to a steel post. Wang Xueli repeatedly shocked my face and mouth with an electric baton. After that, he also shocked my fingers. Then, Wang Xueli ordered two policemen to drag me into a conference room, and forced me to kneel on the floor. At that moment, Wang Xueli became a wild animal. He began to shock my face, the back of my head, my central nerves and neck with the baton. I clenched my teeth and endured it. My lips were bleeding from my own biting. He did not stop until they dragged another female practitioner, Xu Zhilan, into the room. They forced me to stand and watch. A while later, I suffered a second round of shocking for at least 30 minutes. At the same time, a dozen or so other practitioners were also brutally treated in the same way.

After three hours of electric torture, my face was completely swollen, badly cut and full of blisters. My mouth was so swollen that I could not eat. My eyes were also swollen beyond recognition. My head and neck were covered with blisters. At night, I could not lie on the bed. In the days that followed, I suffered from unbearable pain. Half a month later, my toes started to hurt as if a needle were piercing through them. I lost control of my bladder. Everyday, my stomach was bloated and painful. I would be soaked by sweat everytime I urinated. I could hardly walk. The sharp pain in my feet kept me awake most of the night. For 6 months, I sat through every single night.

The labor camp did not care about me at all. Moreover, they blocked any information, and threatened me to not tell others about the torture. The labor camp forbade me to see or write to my family. I requested several times to go to the hospital for a check up, but was denied. Later, the pain in my feet spread to my legs. In April, my family received an anonymous phone call telling them that I had lost the use of my legs. My mother came and stayed in the labor camp hostel for more than 20 days. Every day, she requested my release. She told them, "If you do not release my daughter, I will not leave here alive." During her stay at the camp, my over-60-year-old mother suffered from a heart attack. Finally, the labor camp had to release me. By now, I had been permamently disabled and could not walk anymore. I could not even get up from the bed. A female inmate carried me on her back on my way out. To add to the terror, a police officer pointed to me and said, "You are still breathing?" They just wanted to kill me to silence a witness. The eleven-month long inhuman torture caused me to be emaciated and fragile. My hair had turned completely white. Everyone who saw me said, "How did they turn a healthy person into such terrible shape?"

On June 14, 2001, I came home. Since I had to stay in bed all the time, nobody cared about my life, and I had no medical coverage (insurance). My profit from investment in stocks was confiscated by my company. I was under continuous watch. We received endless phone calls from all levels of leadership, the police station, "610 Offices" ****and the local police station. They continuously came to my home to harass me. They bugged my phone. They also used home surveillance and threats to compel me to give up Falun Gong. They said, "If you don't transform, we will send you back to the labor camp." They did not allow me to tell people how I was tortured to disability. After my family counsulted some lawyers, the "610 Office" and the Traffic Department immediately threatened, "Fu Weiping wants to demand justice. Let's send her back to the labor camp."

In early 2002 during the Chinese New Year, the authorities sent some workers to watch me for fifteen days. During the two national conferences, my husband was not allowed to go to work. He was forced to stay home to monitor me. They also threatened to fire him from work. My whole family was disturbed. I requested my employer to pay me minimum living expenses. My employer forced my mother to hand copy a written statement (to give up practicing) as a pre-condition for payment.

Right now Kaiping Labor Camp is still withholding all the receipts of the payments my mother spent on my medical exams and treatment. The conclusion from the myo-electrograph was "Peripheral double lower limb nerve damage." This could prove that the electric shocks I got on my head had caused my disability. When I was receiving medical exams in the Tangshan Worker's Hospital in Hebei province, the labor camp police even lied to the doctor, "Do not listen to her. She has a mental problem." They also threatened my husband to provide false evidence to my reports. The doctor told them firmly, "I am a doctor. I cannot do anything against my professional ethics."

* Truthfulness, Compassion, Tolerance is the guiding principle of Falun Gong.

** Guarantee Statement is a guarantee letter to never again practice Falun Gong, or associate with Falun Gong practitioners. This is obtained under brutal persecution to prevent a practitioner from steadfastly cultivating in Dafa.

***Yuan is the Chinese currency. The average monthly salary of an urban worker in China is 500 Yuan.

****"610 Office" is an agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political and judiciary systems.

Written on May 9