Facts about the Physical and Mental Torture of Falun Dafa Practitioners in Changle Forced Labor Camp
Since July 20, 1999, the police and other officials at Changle Labor Camp in Shandong Province have been executing the orders put forth by Jiang to beat and torture Falun Dafa practitioners using any means they want. Jiang's order allows a practitioner's death at the hands of police to be considered suicide. After October 2000, the labor camp put 150 male practitioners into the second brigade and then divided the brigade into two groups. They systematically and brutally tortured practitioners both mentally and physically. The persecution largely fell into two stages -- the first stage emphasized physical torture and the second stage emphasized various methods of mental torture.
The First Stage: The Physical Torture of Falun Dafa Practitioners
From October 2000 to February 2001 labor camp officials selected a team of about 10 criminals to beat and torture each of the two groups of practitioners. The criminals were selected on the basis of how crazy they were -- the crazier they were the better. The policy adopted by the squadrons stated that whomever mercilessly beat and tortured Falun Dafa practitioners would be rewarded with more time to see their family, more credits, and released before their prison term was complete. Whoever was reluctant to torture Falun Dafa practitioners would be criticized, have no chance of reducing his prison term and transferred to other squadrons to do hard labor. Using intimidation and bribes, the labor camp ordered criminals to torture Falun Dafa practitioners without fear of reprisal. In an attempt to force Dafa practitioners to recant their beliefs and reach their goal of "transforming" practitioners, the police and criminals used the following brutal physical torture methods, along with forcing practitioners to watch videos defaming Falun Dafa.
- They forced practitioners to sit on a concrete floor with their legs fully extended and their arms and hands outstretched toward their feet. The criminals would then sit on the practitioners' backs. Many practitioners' backbones were severely injured and they were unable to stand straight.
- In the cold of winter, practitioners were stripped of their clothes and forced to sit on the bathroom floor naked. Four or five criminals took turns pouring cold water over the practitioners' heads and all over their bodies. Sometimes, practitioners were submerged into a vat of cold water for long periods of time. After this so-called "cold bath" practitioners were taken to a storage room with an open window and left to freeze for several hours. Sometimes practitioners were taken to their cells and placed under an electric fan. These practitioners were left under the fan for hours to the point that their bodies turned purple.
- Practitioners were stripped of their clothes and taken to a bathroom. Criminals pushed practitioners down onto the bathroom floor and fired water from a hose into their mouths and noses. Several practitioners almost fainted from this torture. Jiang Guopo, a 40-year old practitioner and a former cadre of the Bureau of Politics and Law passed out as a result of the torture.
- Criminals would stand on a desk and hold practitioners upside down and then submerge them into a vat of water for several minutes and then they would pull them out of the vat. They did this repeatedly for long periods. Yao Hexing, a 26-year old factory worker from Anqiu City passed out from suffocation. He remained unconscious for a long period of time.
- Police punched and slapped practitioners. They kicked them with leather boots and beat them with wooden sticks. They also forcibly pulled down practitioners' pants and whipped them with a triangle shaped leather belt. Wang Ping, a factory worker from Gaomi City who is around 30-years old was beaten to the point that his skin was torn and bloody, with his flesh fully exposed. In October 2000 practitioner Liu Shuchun, approximately 40-years old, from Changyi City was beaten to death in this way.
- Practitioners were tied to bedposts or desks using masking tape and forced to sit on the "tiger bench" for long periods of time.
- Wu Dajun, a retired teacher from Changyi City who was about 70-years old was forced to take off his socks, tied to a bedpost, and poked with the sharp end of a pair of scissors in the arch of his feet.
- Criminals flicked their fingers at Yao Hexing's eyeballs and testicles. They also squeezed his testicles.
- A policeman named Zhu Weile shocked practitioner Hu Xinming with an electric baton while he rolled him around in the brigade office.
- Practitioner Jiang Guopo was injected with nerve-damaging drugs.
- Practitioner Yao Hexing was forced to urinate into his pants.
- Police forced practitioners to do "training exercises" in the scorching sun of summer.
- They forced practitioners to do hard labor for long periods of time--for 10 hours to over 15 hours on some days.
- Those practitioners that remained steadfast or awoke after being initially brainwashed were forbidden from seeing visiting family members.
The Second Stage: Mental Torture of Falun Dafa Practitioners
After the spring festival of 2001 Changle Labor Camp officials discussed and devised new strategies to persecute Falun Gong practitioners. They shifted their attention from brutal bloody violence to various forms of mental torture including the official method of not allowing practitioners to sleep until they completely recanted their beliefs. The Changle Forced Labor Camp used collaborators, former practitioners who had been brainwashed, to try and manipulate steadfast practitioners to give up their belief. Some of these collaborators were transferred from Wangcun Labor Camp. They divided themselves into several groups and day and night took turns trying to breakdown and brainwash practitioners. Zhang Xi, a 60-year old peasant from Anqiu City was deprived of sleep for over 6 days.
Practitioners were forced to sit on small stools. When they became so sleepy that they couldn't even keep their eyes open, the collaborators would pull the practitioners up and force them to walk or run back and forth in a room full of small stools. When the practitioners fell down, the collaborators would pull them up and force them to run again. Sometimes, the collaborators would whip practitioners' eyes with a towel, making their eyes bleed. When a practitioner began to get foggy headed the collaborators would repeatedly spew evil lies into the minds of these steadfast practitioners. Those practitioners that broke down under the pressure of the brainwashing, but then quickly awakened to what they had done, were taken into solitary confinement and tortured further for a long period of time. They were allowed only 2 hours of sleep or no sleep at all for the day.
Under the pressure of the brutal mental and physical torture, some practitioners, for example Song Yaxing, a 30-year old factory worker from Quiwen District, became insane.
Since 2001 several hundreds practitioners have been kidnapped and taken to the labor camp for forced brainwashing. While the labor camp was forcing the practitioners to give up their belief using the collaborators as tools, officials also relentlessly extorted money from practitioners. The labor camp forced practitioners to pay a "transformation fee" of 100 Yuan a day. The labor camp extorted several 100 to several 1000 Yuan for each practitioner or from the practitioners' workplaces.
The police and criminals at Changle Labor Camp committed countless heinous crimes against Falun Dafa practitioners. We hope the camp officials and criminals will wake up to their crimes and the truth about Falun Dafa.
List of people who persecuted Falun Dafa practitioners in Changle Labor Camp in Weifang City:
Xu Lihua, Director, 536-623-2011
Zou Jintian, Assistant Director
Lu Yipo, Chief of the Management Division, home phone: 536-622-1840
Song Zhonghai, Assistant Chief of the Management Division, home phone: 536-623-1156
Li Huajie, Clerk of the Management Division (former Director of the first squadron in the second brigade), home phone: 536-623-2881
Tang Jiangling (female), Interior Clerk of the Management Division
Zhu Anle, Chief of the Education Division (Former Assistant Head of the Management Division, home phone: 536-622-8347
Ding Guihua, Chief of the second brigade (a brigade specifically designed for persecuting Falun Dafa practitioners), home phone: 536-622-9105
Zhu Weile, Assistant Chief of the second brigade (a brigade specifically designed to persecute Falun Dafa practitioners), home phone: 536-622-9105
Liu Jianguang, Chief of the first squadron (a squadron specifically designed to persecute Falun Dafa practitioners) in the second brigade, home phone: 536-622-5309
Ye Tongmin, Political Director of the first squadron (a squadron specifically designed to persecute Falun Dafa practitioners) in the second brigade
Han Huiyue, Chief of the second squadron (a squadron specifically designed to persecute Falun Dafa practitioners) in the second brigade, home phone: 536-623-4661
Liu Anxing, Political Director of the second squadron (a squadron specifically designed to persecute Falun Dafa practitioners) in the second brigade, home phone: 536-623-1123.