Jiang Zemin Accused of Eight Crimes in Deceiving the World and Harming Mankind
(Clearwisdom.net) Amidst the celebration activities of World Falun Dafa Day, Falun Gong practitioners in Hong Kong announced eight crimes committed by former Chinese leader Jiang Zemin. They pointed out that everyone in the world is a victim of Jiang's lies. They called for every person, every organization, and every government in the world to work together to bring Jiang to the Court of Morality, Court of Conscience, and Court of Law. It must be a collective trial of the evil by all who are upright, in order to expose Jiang's lies and the harm he has done to the morality and conscience of mankind.
This morning, Falun Gong practitioners in Hong Kong gathered in Victoria Park to introduce the details of trials started by overseas Falun Gong practitioners, who charged Jiang with genocide in the U.S. and France. Kan Hung-cheung, the Hong Kong Falun Gong spokesperson read an announcement entitled "Righteous Forces Around the World Join Hands in Bringing Jiang Zemin to Justice Through a Public Trial," in which he listed eight crimes Jiang has committed.
Using Lies to Go Against "Truthfulness-Compassion-Tolerance"
1. Out of personal lust for political power, Jiang places no importance on people's lives. He deceived the world through lies and tightly controls the media to block news of the SARS outbreak, which led to the spread of SARS in many countries, causing extensive loss of life for people in China and all over the world, as well as huge economic losses.
2. Out of selfishness, jealousy and paranoia, Jiang began a frenzied, irrational attack and defamation against Falun Gong, the popular teaching based on Truthfulness-Compassion-Tolerance. He outlawed the people's pursuit of higher moral standards, slandered the heavens' principles and brutalized the innocent. He has made an enemy of over 100 million good people and pushed China into an abyss, subjecting countless people to this evil persecution.
Placing Self-interest Above the Interests of the People and the Country
3. Placing his personal will and desires above the Constitution, Jiang directed China's resources and power structure to carry out a policy of state terrorism and genocide against Falun Gong practitioners: "Destroy their reputation, bankrupt them financially and annihilate them physically." This has resulted in thousands of innocent Falun Gong practitioners being unlawfully sent to detention centers, forced labor camps, prisons, and mental institutions, where they are subjected to brutal tortures, resulting in countless injuries and even death. Once happy families were torn apart and homes broken, hundreds of millions of families, friends, and colleagues of Falun Gong practitioners, and even their work units were implicated in this persecution. In addition, people all over China have been brainwashed by the lies and hate propaganda against Falun Gong at Jiang's direction.
4. Through lies and manipulation, Jiang seized the position of head of the country. Instead of working for the benefit of the people, he initiated the persecution against Falun Gong - a peaceful spiritual practice that has brought only benefits to countless people. Blatantly disregarding the Constitution and the rule of law, Jiang ordered the arrest and imprisonment of Falun Gong practitioners first, and then manipulated Congress and the judicial system to create laws to make it a crime to practice Falun Gong. Trampling on basic human rights and the preciousness of human lives, he ordered the torture and imprisonment of innocent practitioners without trial. Through exercising dictatorial power and forming shady alliances, he has turned what should be a people's government into a machine for persecuting the people.
5. For the purpose of carrying out this persecution, all over the country Jiang established the "610 Office," an agency of terror specifically targeting Falun Gong that is above the Constitution and the law. Applying pressure on all fronts - financial, political, professional and in every other facet of daily life, Jiang forced countless Chinese people, from government officials, staff, to ordinary people on the street to go against their conscience and assist him in the persecution against innocent and kind-hearted Falun Gong practitioners. These people, from every segment of society, are also victims of Jiang's paranoia, as their role in the persecution has left an indelible stain on their conscience and lives.
6. Placing personal interests above those of the nation and of the people, Jiang spent hundreds of millions of Yuan of taxpayers' money to buy a personal luxury airplane and to remodel his ancestral home. He used his power to promote his son to the position of deputy chief of the Chinese Academy of Science, and turned huge amounts of state capital into a personal fortune through embezzlement and illicit deals in the telecommunications industry. As China's dictator, he used one quarter of the nation's financial resources to persecute Falun Gong. For example, stunning amounts of state funds were used on creating and maintaining "610 Offices," detention centers and brainwashing centers throughout China, and for using the media to churn out endless streams of propaganda, on mobilizing a large portion of the military, police and prison system, and deploying judicial, diplomatic, cultural, technological, and educational channels to monitor, arrest and persecute Falun Gong practitioners in China and interfere with Falun Gong practitioners abroad. All of this was paid for with Chinese citizens' hard-earned tax money, by diverted foreign investments meant for economic development, as well as the illegal fines imposed upon Falun Gong practitioners and their family members, all in order to persecute innocent people and to destroy people's belief in Truthfulness-Compassion-Tolerance. This not only has placed tremendous pressure on the livelihoods of people throughout China and brought grave consequences to the nation's economic development, but also has dragged foreign countries and investors into this bloody and immoral persecution.
Squandering Taxpayers' Money and Using Every Means to Prolong the Persecution
7. For the purpose of sustaining the persecution, Jiang has spread deception and hate propaganda to people all over the world through Chinese embassies and consulates, instigating people to keep away from and even to hate Falun Gong, a teaching based upon Truthfulness-Compassion-Tolerance. He used diplomatic, political, and economic relations to exert pressure in a desperate attempt to stop Falun Gong's spread in the world, as well as to cut off support for Falun Gong from foreign governments, media, organizations and individuals. He even used many special agents and diplomats to interfere with Falun Gong activities outside of China, and to verbally and physically assault Falun Gong practitioners. Jiang's extension of his persecution of Falun Gong to democratic countries has directly undermined the modern democratic system and the very moral fiber of the democratic world in the future.
8. In order to avoid being exposed and condemned for his vicious actions by the international community, using tactics such as diplomatic pressure, political incentives, trade agreements, economic concessions, financial grants, and even ceding territory, Jiang has not hesitated to sacrifice the best interest and rights of the Chinese people in exchange for other countries' silence regarding the persecution. Jiang has left stains on the international community and society's conscience.
Everyone Has Been Harmed by His Lies
Kan Hung-cheung said that for four years, Jiang Zemin has orchestrated and driven a campaign of persecution against over one hundred million Falun Gong practitioners, a campaign of persecution against Truthfulness-Compassion-Tolerance. The persecution has reached over 60 countries and wrecked the lives and happiness of countless people. More importantly, Jiang's persecution has not stopped at Falun Gong. Through his campaign of persecution and slander against Falun Gong, Jiang is in fact also deceiving and harming people all over the world. He has wreaked havoc upon people's pursuit of higher moral standards and suppressed people's good conscience - the damage done to all of human society has been immeasurable.
Kan Hung-cheung emphasized that because this persecution brought about by Jiang is attacking basic human morality, conscience, human rights and human lives, justice must be thoroughly restored through corresponding trials in the Court of Morality, Court of Conscience, and Court of Law; he called upon every member of the media and the public all over the world, through each of their own unique roles in society, to bring Jiang Zemin to justice with the sense of righteousness and conscience in their own hearts.
Kan Hung-cheung further pointed out that every person, every organization, and every government in the world needs to know about Jiang's lies and the harm he has done to them through this persecution. Everyone has the right to bring Jiang to justice in the court of people's hearts according to conscience, morality and law!