Cases of Falun Gong Practitioners Persecuted in Qiongshan No. 1 Detention Center, Haikou City, Hainan Province
(Clearwisdom.net) The following report summarizes the dire situation of several Falun Gong practitioners illegally detained at Qiongshan No. 1 Detention Center of Haikou City.
1. Ah Mei, female, in her 50s, lives in Fucheng Township, Qiongshan. She has been detained for an extended period of time. In 2001, police found some Falun Gong truth-clarifying materials in her home. She was arrested and detained at Qiongshan Detention Center. In December 2002, she was transferred to Qiongshan No. 1 Detention Center. Without any formal charges, she has been kept there until now.
2. Xie Yanfei, female, in her 30s, is a resident in Haikou City. One morning in August 2002, she went out to buy breakfast. Police from Haikou Security Department arrested her on the street. She was first detained by the police and later transferred to Qiongshan No. 1 Detention Center, where she remains until this day.
3. Chen Mengye, female, 21-year-old, is a resident in Sanya City Licai Farm, and Chen Sheng (pseudonym), male, 30-year-old. On the evening of November 4, 2002, when they were posting truth-clarifying materials near Hongcheng Lake in Haikou, police from Qiongshan Zhongjie Police Station kidnapped them. Chen Sheng was beaten the whole night and suffered injuries all over his body, including an inch-long cut near his eye. His white shirt was soaked with blood. One eye was swollen, and his face was badly disfigured. At night, the police didn't allow him to sleep. On the second day, they were transferred to Qiongshan No. 1 Detention Center. Chen Mengye was forced to wear shackles on her feet. To protest the illegal detention, she went on a hunger strike. Three or four days later, the detention center force-fed her. She has remained there until now.
4. Li Qi, female, 32-year-old, is from Zhengzhou City, Henan Province. She now lives in Fucheng Township in Qiongshan. On the afternoon of January 8, 2003, policemen Chen Wen and chief Lin from Qiongshan police department's political and security section raided Li Qi's house and handcuffed her. They carried her out of the building against her will. Witnessing the violent incident, neighbors were outraged, saying, "Are they kidnappers?" People felt terrible. The police detained her in Qiongshan No. 1 Detention Center. Li Qi went on a hunger strike that lasted seven or eight days before the police began to force-feed her. The brutal treatment caused her mouth to bleed badly.
During her detention, Li Qi repeatedly told those who carried out the force-feeding not to persecute Falun Gong practitioners. She also openly condemned the Jiang regime's barbaric persecution of the practitioners. The guards were all too scared to admit responsibility. When people's lives were in danger during force-feeding, no one took responsibility.
5. Sun Tingbo, male, 40-year-old, is a dentist and a resident from Lingshan Township in Qiongshan. During the Chinese New Year in 2002, he was kidnapped to Qiongshan Detention Center. He was transferred to Qiongshan No. 1 Detention Center on January 8, 2003. He has been detained there until now.
6. A male Dafa practitioner (name unknown) has been illegally detained in No. 7 cage at Qiongshan No. 1 Detention Center for a long time, the details are not known.
7. Fang Jiaoying, female, 30-year-old, has been illegally detained for more than two years.
8. Li Shunzhi, female, in her 50s, lives in Heilongjiang Province. In October 2002, when posting truth-clarifying materials, she was kidnapped by police from the Yunlu Police Station. She has been detained at Qiongshan No. 1 Detention Center until now.
Information on Qiongshan No. 1 Detention Center:
Address: Sangongli Road, Fucheng Township, Qiongshan District, Haikou City, Hainan Province. Zip code: 571100