(Clearwisdom net)

Li Yong, former captain of the first squad in the Western Division of the Shijiazhuang Forced Labor Camp, was only a bit over 30 years old, yet very brutal in persecuting Falun Gong practitioners. By 2001, he had committed many crimes against Falun Gong practitioners. In order to divert people's attention, in 2002, the labor camp transferred him to the Eastern Division of the camp and appointed him the captain of the fourth squad (the labor camp was split into Western Division and Eastern Division). Below is a list of Li Yong's criminal actions while he was at the Western Division of the labor camp

In March 2001, with the help of his main assistant Wang Limin, who is the vice head of the squad, he tortured the Falun Gong practitioners under his supervision in order to fulfill his brainwashing quota. He is even said to have encouraged other policemen to be just as violent by offering them financial incentive. They separated out the Falun Gong practitioners into different floors. They then directed policemen Han (first name unknown), Yin Hanjiang, Wang Xiaofeng and others to use sticks, electric batons, ropes, handcuffs and other tools, sleep deprivation and other methods to torture Falun Gong practitioners. Policeman Han directed the five most vicious prisoners of the labor camp to kick, punch, and use their hard leather shoes to stamp on practitioner Li Hongwen's head and face, beating him all over for 2 hours. The result of this torture and beatings was that Li's ears became ulcerated, and he couldn't bend from his waist even slightly for over 30 days. When the guard directed the prisoners to beat Yuanshi County practitioner Yu Baoyi, they broke a chair on him, leaving Yu Baoyi's behind blackened for months afterwards.

Furthermore in April of 2001, practitioner Liu Tao of Shijiazhang City was thrown from the fifth floor by the policeman Yin Hanjiang. Li Yong sheltered him from any legal actions that may have taken place as a result of this incident and allowed Yu Hanjiang to intensify his torture of Falun Gong practitioners.

In May and June male practitioners detained at the first squad announced together that any statement they wrote under pressure to denounce Dafa was null. This action frightened Li Yong and other policeman, who were concerned about their so-called brainwashing rate. In response, Li Yong and his group separated the majority of the practitioners and tortured them. They whipped and scalded practitioners with boiling water while hanging them up. On the practitioners' bodies there were burns, bruises and marks left from the whipping.

In July of 2001, Li Yong ordered some newly arrived female practitioners to do military drills under the scorching sun for several consecutive hours everyday. Even the elderly women were forced to participate. Another group of practitioners were tied during the day to chairs or heaters in the policemen's office, and at night when no one else was around they would hang them by handcuffs and use electric batons and other methods to torture these practitioners. During the night one could often hear the cries of practitioners being tortured. This method of torture went on for months on end both day and night in the policemen's office.

Because the first squad created a special control group to carry out strict oversight and psychological torment, the practitioners couldn't speak to each other and had to go to the toilet at fixed times. In the daytime, the police would fill practitioners with fabricated propaganda. At night the collaborators [former Falun Gong practitioners who have gone astray due to brainwashing and torture] talk to practitioners non-stop so that they could not sleep. The collaborators also watched practitioners' every move and reported to the police. Due to the long-term pressure, in October Cangzhou City practitioner Liu Jianming had a mental breakdown. The policeman Wang Xiaofeng directed the prisoners Liu Changsheng, Li Jianhua, and Li Yaocai to beat Liu Jianming day and night until the day of his release.

The deputy head of the Cangzhou City Design Studio, and Falun Gong practitioner Wu Jian Qiang, insisted on cultivating Falun Dafa. In November 2001, Li Yong, and Wang Xiaofeng, tormented him cruelly. Under their direction, policeman Han beat Wu Jiangqiang savagely until one of his kidneys was severely injured. Wu Jian Qiang was then sent to the hospital for emergency treatment, where he remained bed-ridden for many months.

The Shijiazhuang Forced Labor Camp often moves their most evil policemen around to other groups. The intention is to avoid future complaints about these policemen's crimes, to hide the evil nature of the forced labor camp and to divert attention from these policemen. However, we are determined to expose all of their crimes to the world.