My name is Xie Yunhua, a Falun Dafa practitioner in Japan. My younger brother Xie Yunhuan is persecuted in China because he is a Falun Dafa practitioner. He has been illegally sentenced to 10 years, and is locked in No.1 Team, No. 3 block, Hadagang Prison, Jidong County, Heilongjiang Province.

In that prison, only non-practitioner family members are allowed to visit. All visitors of Falun Dafa practitioners have to talk on the other side of a glass screen, and a police officer always stands beside Falun Dafa practitioners. If the discussion is about "sensitive topics," the visit will be terminated. There is only 30 minutes visitation time per month. There are 10 illegally detained Falun Dafa practitioners in this prison. Police forbid Falun Dafa practitioners to communicate with each other, so they locked them separately in different teams. They were forced to go to the coalmine to do heavy labor in over time shifts.

I ask the global community and all overseas Falun Dafa practitioners to help expose the evil nature of Jiang and his regime, to save people who are deceived by the lies, and to help my brother and all other Falun Dafa practitioners being persecuted in China.

Below is contact information:

Hadagang Prison switch board, 86-467-5741060.
No.3 block switch board of Hadagang Prison, 86-467-5607137, ext-8011/8017/8019.
Officer in Charge Zou Dechen, 86-467-5741487(h).
Officer in Charge Zhao Rubin, 86-467-5741060, ext-8770(o).
Director Wang Jinlong, 86-467-5741099(h), 86-467-5607871/5607140(o)
Vice Director Zhao Jiwen.

Background Information:

Xie Yunhuan, 27 years old, started cultivating Falun Dafa in 1996. He came to Japan to study abroad in April 1999, and returned to China in February 2000 to visit his family. The police wanted to capture Yunhuan because my mother was a volunteer assistant, and my family has 6 Falun Dafa practitioners. Our house phone is tapped, and my mother, my sister, my sister-in-law all had been illegally detained several times. Yunhuan had to become homeless in order to avoid being illegally arrested at home for a long period of time. After March 2001, no one heard from him. But on July 2001, we received a message from him that he had been arrested and detained in Tuanhe Labor Camp in Beijing on March 12, 2001. He was forced into brainwashing class, afflicted with scabies during that period of time, and experienced indescribable tortures.

At the end of July 2001, Yunhuan had been escorted back to No.1 Detention Center in Jixi City, Heilongjiang Province, and illegally detained until August 2002. At the end of August 2002, Jiguan District Court of Jixi City conducted a sham trial. The court ignored the law and constitution, and sentenced him to 10 years in prison based on false confessions (see http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2002/9/20/26686.html) He was brutally tortured by the police before and after the trial.

From the arrest to the detention, the government did not follow any legal procedures, and none of my family members were allowed to see him. We can learn a little bit of facts of how he endured torture from letters he wrote occasionally. The police shocked Dafa practitioners with electric batons. We had to pay 50 Yuan to police whenever we wanted to send things to him. The daily needs are sold many times higher inside the jail. Once my family bought food for 200 Yuan to send to him. After the food went through the police and cell head, Yunhuan only received 2 bags of preserved vegetables, which only cost 2 Yuan. Yunhuan hardly ate enough during the detention period. His first jail room was less that 20 square meters, but it contained more than 40 people. We learned that his spirit has been sometimes high, and sometimes low from his letters, but he never lost his righteous thoughts. I am truly worried over how long his body can endure all these mistreatments.

At the beginning of September 2002, the police heard that my mother went back home (she had left home earlier in order to avoid being arrested). Police Li Qinghua and other policemen from Political Security Office in Jidong County Station surrounded my home. They did not find my mother. Then they searched my brother's home, found several Dafa books, and detained my sister-in-law the next day in the no.1 Detention Center in Jixi City over 1 week. My brother had to pay through friends 1700 Yuan (more than 3 months average monthly pay of an urban worker) to have her released. She witnessed the prison guards from the no.1 Detention Center in Jixi City use the electric batons to shock female Falun Dafa practitioner's private areas, in order to force Dafa practitioners to write guarantee statements. There are still many Falun Dafa practitioners detained in No.1 Detention Center in Jixi City. Female Falun Dafa practitioners have endured different forms of torture; some of their nipples have been burned and scarred by electric batons.

I finally saw Yunhuan after being detained for 18 months, and sentenced to 10 years in prison. He is very thin now. He had been tortured 42 days without sleep, and had no food when he was escorted back to No.1 Detention Center in Jixi City. He only had a bowl of soup every morning and afternoon. He would get shocked by the electric baton whenever he closed his eyes. Some of the other Dafa practitioners experienced even worse torture.

Situations of My Other Family Members Being Persecuted

My whole family began to practice Falun Dafa in 1996. My mother Zhang Qingmin, 60-years-old, was illegally detained 5-6 times by Jidong County police since January 2000, and received a sentence of 3-4 months in jail. Her former employer withheld her retirement pension for more than 2 years. She became homeless in order to avoid being illegally arrested at home for almost 2 years. She was even sentenced to 2 years at labor camp by the Jidong County police station without her presence. Police would withdraw money from my mother's retirement pension to cover various expenses without cause.

My sister-in-law, Zhao Yumei, is 38 years old. She went to Beijing to appeal with my mother and brother Yunhuan in December 2000. My brother Yunhuan escaped successfully. But my mother had been arrested, and went on hunger strike for 9 days before being released. The Jidong County police detained my mother upon her returning home. My sister-in-law had been arrested together with my mother in Beijing. She was illegally detained in Jidong County Detention Center for nearly 4 months. My brother had to pay 6000 Yuan to have her released. Her house was searched in August 2002, and she was detained in Jixi No.1 Detention Center for one week. She suffered mental and physical abuse in the detention center, and had to pay 1700 Yuan to be released.

My sister Xie Mingjuan is 35 years old. She has been illegally detained 4 times. She became homeless with my mother for 6 months in the year of 2000. She went to Tiananmen Square to validate the Fa at the beginning of 2001, and she was arrested and illegally detained. She was also placed under heavy surveillance for several months. Her neighbors and colleagues closely observed her activities. Her salary was withheld for 1 year. She had been sentenced to 2 years, but her employer, Jidong County Power Company, got her released on parole by vouching for her. She only receives 200 Yuan basic living pay monthly, because the workplace withheld her salary.

My other younger brother, Xie Yunjie, is 31 years old. In January 2000, he went to Tiananmen Square to hold up a truth-clarifying banner and was arrested. He was detained for 39 days in the Bin County Police Station in Heilongjiang Province. His employer released him. Because he is a technology expert at his workplace, his employer designated special personnel to closely track him everyday.

Related articles: http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2002/9/20/26686.html

April 18, 2003