Yu Nanying, male, 33 years old, is a resident of Youhao street, Yangjiazhangzi economic development zone, in Lianshan district, Huludao city of Liaoning province. Near the end of July 1999, he went to Beijing to appeal to the government. He was arrested, sent back to his hometown against his will, and then illegally detained. In December 1999, he went to Beijing to appeal to the government again and was illegally put into detention for one month. During that period, his parents were harassed at their home. His mother was often threatened, chastised and terrified by the police and community officials, and his father's pension was illegally suspended.

On June 23rd 2000, when no one was at home, officers from the Xiwuganyi police station illegally broke into his home. At about 8 o'clock p.m., policemen Tan Guoquan and Wang Shu illegally took Yu Nanying to the Maotun police station. Policemen Wang Xiaogang attempted to force him to write the so-called guarantee in regards to "not going to Beijing to appeal," but he refused. He was then illegally detained for one night. On July 14th, he was illegally sent to the Huludao forced labor camp. While being illegally searched at the camp, hand-written scripts were found on him, and he was beaten, and forced to kneel for half a day. On July 25th, the police instigated cellmates Cao Shuai and Gao Aiguo to attempt to force him to write renouncements and condemnations of his faith in Falun Dafa. They beat him if he didn't comply. They often administered corporal punishments to him, beating him with a wooden board, sticking needles under his finger tips, burning him with cigarettes, etcetera.

The police shocked and beat Yu Nanying with electric batons after he went on a hunger strike to protest the persecution on September 19, 2000. On November 29, 2000, at 1 o'clock, Yu Nanying was dragged into a room by policemen Yao Chuang (assistant to person in charge of the forced labor camp), Wang Shengli, Zhang Fusheng, Dong Liyong, Zhang Guozhu, Li Jian, a person by the surname of Han, Liu Guohua, Liu Haihou, and some other unknown people. They kicked him, punched him, and held him to the floor. Several policemen with electric batons shocked his head, face, nose, lips, neck, armpits, chest, back, belly, penis, center of his palms, and soles of his feet. During this time, Wang Shenlin hit both of his cheeks with the bottom of his shoes. Yu Nanying's face swelled up immediately. The police continued shocking him. Policeman Liu Guohua sat right beside and watched the other policemen cruelly torture Dafa practitioners.

Jail guards including Zhang Fusheng tortured Yu Nanying on his private parts with electric batons. Each shock session lasted 20 to 30 minutes, causing permanent genital pain. Dong Liyong shocked Yu Nanying on the head with electric batons. While shocking him, he asked: "do you still practice or not?" They soaked Yu's clothes with cold water, then Wang Shenli, Zhang Fusheng, Dong Yongli, Li Jian, a person by the surname of Han, and some other policemen shocked him all over his body with 6 or 7 electric batons. Many large blisters appeared on his neck and face. His handcuffs became so hot from the electricity that water on the ground where he stood gave off steam.

At about 8 o'clock, Liu Guohua and Liu Haihou took Yu Nanying to another room to torture him again. Liu Haihou burned Yu's beard with a cigarette lighter. After dinner, the violent gang continued the electric baton torture and began administering more brutal means of torture to persecute him. This brutal persecution lasted for over 10 hours. After that, Yu Nanying was taken to an empty room and handcuffed with 6 other practitioners who had all suffered brutal persecution in differing degrees. Among them, Liang Guoman was the one persecuted the most seriously. The policemen on duty (who were watching them) were: Chen Jiuyi, Diao Ziqian, and Ding Wenxue.

On March 21st, 2001, because Yu Nanying refused to wear a jail uniform, the police put the uniform on him by force, then sent him to the "close supervision team" for "close supervision" for over ten weeks. From 6 o'clock in the morning to 9 o'clock at night, he was forced to sit on a narrow stool, with cellmates supervising him, and he had no freedom at all. He was forced to do heavy labor. His term was extended for four months, and he was finally released on October 2001. Since the police kept harassing him, he was forced to become homeless and wander about to avoid further persecution. In June 2002, Yu Nanying was arrested by Lianshan police station while he was handing out flyers with fellow practitioners. He was illegally detained at Huludao Forced Labor Camp and sentenced for 3 years. He is still being detained there.

Lianshan Police Station Phone: 86-429-2603285
Maotun Police Station Phone: 86-429-4401660
Huludao City Forced Labor Camp Person in Charge Office Phone: 86-429-3129797
Disciplining Department Phone: 86-429-3125626

April 9, 2003