Latest News from China - 03/30/2003
- [Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province] Female Dafa Practitioner Deng Yi Has Conducted A Hunger Strike for More Than 40 Days in Chatou Forced Labor Camp
- [Liaoning Province] Anshan Forced Labor Camp Transfer 40 Dafa Practitioners to Masanjia for Further Persecution
- [Jiaozhou City, Shandong Province] Dafa Practitioner Qiu Yuanjin Illegally Sentenced to Four Years in Jail
- [Jingmen City, Hubei Province] Female Dafa practitioner Zhou Ping's Legs Paralyzed From Torture by Police
- [China] Chinese Public Security Officers Purchase Large Quantities of Infrared Night Vision Equipment
- [Jinzhou City, Liaoning Province] Dafa Practitioner Yan Li Taken Home by His Family After Becoming Critically Ill Due to Persecution From Jinzhou Forced Labor Camp
- [China] Recent Whereabouts of Dafa Practitioner Jia Shouxin Is Unknown
- [Jiutai, Jilin Province] The Persecution of Dafa Practitioners in Jiutai Forced Labor Camp
- [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Policemen of Hewan Forced Labor Camp Torture and Humiliate Dafa Practitioner Wang Yulin
- [Gongzhulin City, Jilin Province] Female Dafa Practitioner Zhi Guixiang Tortured to Death, Her Sister Zhi Guichun Illegally Sentenced to Three Years in Forced Labor Camp
- [Neihuang County, Henan Province] Hebei Province Wei County Dafa Practitioner Zhang Changfa Arrested by Police in Chuwang Township, Neihuang County, Henan Province
- [Guan County, Shandong Province] People Say They Have Never Seen Such Bad Police
- [Yanji City, Jilin Province] Police Arrest Dafa Practitioners on a Large Scale
- [Hongan County, Hubei Province] Female Dafa Practitioner Zhang Qiumei is Kidnapped by Police
- [Benxi County, Liaoning Province] Police Officers Have Harassed Falun Dafa Practitioners For a Long Time
- [Shuangcheng City, Heilongjiang Province] Falun Dafa Practitioners Meng Jun, and Yu Yong Are Arrested by the Police While Delivering Dafa Materials
- [Beijing] Zhaochenyuan Section of Yandan Village from Changping District Has Displayed Anti-Falun Gong Materials Intended to Poison the Public's Opinion About the Truth of Falun Gong
- [Fushun City, Liaoning Province] Several Falun Dafa Practitioners Working for a Copper Mining Company Are Arrested by Police
- [Shijiazhuang City in Hebei Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Meng Qinggang Is Still Being Illegally Held at the First Detention Center
- [Xiangfan City in Hubei Province] Female Falun Dafa Practitioner Zhang Jinhua Is Arrested by Wuhan City "610 Office"
- [Xinle City, Hebei Province] The Brainwashing Criterion Set by Jiang's Gang for Releasing Falun Gong Practitioners Is: Whoever Curses Teacher the Worst and Most Wins His Release
- [Chaoyang City, Liaoning Province] Bai Wenyou, a Police Officer from the Political and Security Section of Shuangta Police Station Steals Dafa Practitioner's Car
- [Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province] Female Dafa Practitioner Yang Jianmei Is Illegally Sentenced to Seven Years in Jail
- [Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province] Zhao Weiming, a Falun Dafa Practitioner Is Being Illegally Held at the Xushui Detention Center
1. [Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province] Female Dafa Practitioner Deng Yi Has Conducted A Hunger Strike for More Than 40 Days in Chatou Forced Labor CampDeng Yi's whole family has stayed away from their home for more than two years now to avoid further persecution. One night in June 2002, police from Binjiang local police station arrested Deng Yi without justification. She has, since then, been transferred to group 3 of Chatou Forced Labor Camp and has been conducting a hunger strike for more than 40 days to resist the evil persecution.
2. [Liaoning Province] Anshan Forced Labor Camp Transfer 40 Dafa Practitioners to Masanjia for Further Persecution
At the end of November 2002, Anshan Forced Labor Camp transferred 40 Dafa practitioners (30 females and 10 males) to Masanjia Forced Labor Camp for further persecution. The responsible perpetrator is political commissioner Zhang Zhenyang. In the beginning of 2002, Lin Weimin, a 44-year-old unmarried female, was illegally detained in Anshan Forced Labor Camp. Because she did not stand and salute when the police chief changed the shift, the chief ordered the prisoners to pull Lin Weimin out of the female group, bring her to the office of group 6, where male prisoners are detained, and tortured her. They also declared that if Lin still would not compromise, they would sexually assault her. Lin Weimin was tortured until her whole body was covered with wounds. After the torture, the prisoners pulled Lin back to the office of the female group and told her to pretend that she had been eating. They threatened her saying, "If you do not do it, we will continue to beat you." Then, Fang Yanjun, the chief of group one said to practitioners in the group: "Lin Weimin is not being tortured; she is eating in the office. You can go to check if you don't believe me." The police prolonged Lin Weimin's detention period again and again, and extended her term for one year with every excuse they could think of. She is now still detained in Masanjia for further persecution.
The perpetrators are: Zhang Zhenyang (political commissioner), Qi Hua (chief of female group), Fang Yanjun (chief of group one).
3. [Jiaozhou City, Shandong Province] Dafa Practitioner Qiu Yuanjin Illegally Sentenced to Four Years in Jail
Qiu Yuanjin was an employee of Qingdao forging and stamping factory. Since the persecution of Falun Gong started, he has been to Beijing twice to appeal for Falun Gong, detained in a jail in Daxing District, Beijing, and detained in brainwashing classes in Jiaozhou City Nantan District and Jiaozhou City Zhangjiatun. After he was released, his company fired him without any reason. Qiu Yuanjin did not stop clarifying the truth to people around him. Before the Chinese New Year of 2002, someone reported him and police arrested him. He is now being detained in Jiaozhou City Detention Center. The police released propaganda saying that he had been "reeducated" through labor. However, it has now been verified that he is still detained in the detention center.In May 2002, Jiaozhou City court illegally sentenced him to 4 years jail. In the courtroom, Qiu Yuanjin upheld righteousness with his own statement of innocence. After he was sent back to the detention center, he appealed to the Qingdao City intermediate court, in accordance with a citizen's right given by the Constitution, and was unreasonably rejected. Qiu Yuanjin was not deterred and continued to appeal. He exposes the persecution to everyone he meets. Sometimes, when he faces the threat by the lawless personnel of "610 Office" he loudly shouts, "Falun Dafa is good." Qiu Yuanjin is detained together with the criminals in the detention center, and must do heavy labor for more than 10 hours each day. His body suffers serious devastation. His persecution has lasted for more than one year. Because his family is not allowed to see him, the details of his situation are unknown and people are worried.
4. [Jingmen City, Hubei Province] Female Dafa practitioner Zhou Ping's Legs Paralyzed From Torture by Police
At the end of January this year, Zhou Ping was illegally sentenced to 7 years in jail, and sent to Wuhan Female Jail to be continuously persecuted. She has been tortured so badly that her legs have been paralyzed and she cannot walk. However, the police still refuse to release her on bail for medical treatment.In the beginning of March, Hubei Province Jingmen City Dafa practitioners Gu Tingxiu, Liu Chunai and another elderly female practitioner named He, were reported and were illegally arrested by the police from Yuelianghu Public Security Bureau Branch. They are now illegally detained in No. 1 Detention Center.
5. [China] Chinese Public Security Officers Purchase Large Quantities of Infrared Night Vision Equipmentá'
According to reliable information, Chinese public security officers purchased large quantities of infrared night vision equipment that can be used to look for Dafa truth-clarification material production sites. Infrared night vision equipment can monitor people's activities through walls at night based on their body heat. The police have used it in the past to monitor key sites, but recently they have purchased a large quantity of the detectors. This may lead to surveillance on a larger scale.
6. [Jinzhou City, Liaoning Province] Dafa Practitioner Yan Li Taken Home by His Family After Becoming Critically Ill Due to Persecution From Jinzhou Forced Labor Camp
Yan Li, a 37-year-old male, was a worker in Daughter's River Textile Mill in Jinzhou City, Liaoning Province. On August 14, 1999, he went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong, and has been illegally detained for 50 days in Jinzhou City Taihe Public Security Bureau Branch. From August 14 to October 4, officials extorted 1500 Yuan [500 Yuan is the average monthly income for an urban worker in China] for boarding expenses. On October 13, 1999, he went to appeal in Beijing again and was detained for 5 days by Beijing Public Security Bureau, then detained in Jinzhou Detention Center for 15 days. He conducted a hunger strike to resist the persecution in the detention center, and was moved to Jinzhou No. 1 Detention Center to be persecuted. On October 30, 1999, he was illegally sentenced to two years of "reeducation" through labor, and taken to Jinzhou Forced Labor Camp. His term was illegally extended for an additional year because he refused to give up his practice of Falun Gong. On August 1, 2002, Yan Li was emaciated and his life was in danger after a long period of detention and persecution. Officials in the forced labor camp were afraid to take responsibility and let Yan Li's family take him home. Yan Li had been detained in the forced labor camp for 2 years and 9 months.
7. [China] Recent Whereabouts of Dafa Practitioner Jia Shouxin Is Unknown
Mister Jia Shouxin was an assistant researcher in the electronics department in China Academy of Science. He has left home for a long time to avoid further persecution. His recent whereabouts are unclear, and it is suspected that he might have been arrested by the police.
8. [Jiutai, Jilin Province] The Persecution of Dafa Practitioners in Jiutai Forced Labor Camp
The Jiutai Forced Labor Camp inhumanely persecutes firm and determined Falun Gong practitioners. Aside from the common methods of beating, detention term extension, extremely bad food, sleep deprivation, solitary confinement, and barbaric force-feeding, the forced labor camp also uses even crueler tortures on practitioners, including driving bamboo slivers under practitioners' fingernails, drilling holes in their bodies with crude drills made of hard plastic tubes with sharp notches cut out of them, and rubbing ground chili pepper into their wounds. The vicious persecution was especially bad in March and April 2002. Dafa practitioner Wu Dexiu's back was swollen from torture; bone and flesh were even separated. The police drilled his ribs with their homemade hard plastic tubes, and rubbed ground chili pepper into his wounds. He was tortured beyond recognition, yet is still detained. Dafa practitioner Li Qiang has caught many illnesses from torture, but he was not released on bail for medical treatment. He is still being persecuted.
9. [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Policemen of Hewan Forced Labor Camp Tortures and Humiliates Dafa Practitioner Wang Yulin
Police officer Gao Junan in Hewan Forced Labor Camp in Wuhan City, Hubei Province led a group of criminals to brutally torture Wang Yulin (a male, 26-year-old resident of Shi Yan City, Hubei Province, who worked in Wuhan City). They forcibly injected substances into his muscles, forced him to wash himself with cold water in the bitter cold winter, wear wet underpants, and stand for so long his legs became numb and lame. The police also instigated the prisoners to harass and verbally abuse him for a long time by accusing him of pretending to be lame. They strictly restricted him from using the toilet. Sometimes he was forcefully pulled away from the toilet while he was urinating. The long-term continuous torture has physically destroyed a strong and healthy young man. He is very thin now, and has scabs all over his body, digestive tract hemorrhaging, reduced blood platelets, low blood pressure, and diarrhea for several months. When Wang Yulin had diarrhea at night, the police still forced him to report to the prisoner on duty. Wang Yulin did not compromise, did not report to the police; he rubbed his abdomen with hands until he could use the toilet the next day. When the police found out about it later, they feared being held responsible for his death, so they released him for urgent medical treatment.
The "610 Office" in Wuhan City crazily persecutes Dafa practitioners, and intends to attempt to brainwash all Dafa practitioners in the first half year. Some districts have already had four terms of brainwashing classes.
10. [Gongzhulin City, Jilin Province] Female Dafa Practitioner Zhi Guixiang Tortured to Death, Her Sister Zhi Guichun Illegally Sentenced to Three Years in Forced Labor Camp
Zhi Guichun is a 26-year-old female resident of Daling Town, Gongzhulin City, Jilin Province. She has a 4-year-old daughter. Her older sister, Zhi Guixiang, was tortured to death by Luyuan police in Changchun City last July (see Clearwisdom report http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2002/9/15/26532.html ). On the afternoon of March 6, 2003, Zhi Guichun was found by a police patrol when she was hanging up a banner saying "Falun Dafa is good" near Daling Town. She was then brought to the local detention center. However, she did not reveal her name or address. The chief of Daling Town police station then searched for and found a photo of Zhi's husband, and verified Zhi Guichun's identity. On March 17, she was illegally sentenced to three years of "reeducation" through forced labor, and sent to Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp in Changchun City. None of her family members were notified during the whole process. Zhi's mother did not know where her daughter was until more than 10 days ago, when she inquired at the local police station. Only then did she know that her daughter had been detained in Group 6 of the detention center.
11. [Neihuang County, Henan Province] Hebei Province Wei County Dafa Practitioner Zhang Changfa Arrested by Police in Chuwang Township, Neihuang County, Henan Province
On March 23, 2003, Zhang Changfa delivered Dafa truth-clarification materials to fellow practitioners in Chuwang Township, Neihuang County, Henan Province. He was arrested by Chuwang Township local police, and his home was ransacked.
12. [Guan County, Shandong Province] People Say They Have Never Seen Such Bad Police
In the middle of February 2003, Shandong Province Guan County Public Security Bureau visited and threatened Falun Gong practitioners that were listed on their records all across the county. On March 4, the County Public Security Bureau illegally arrested four Dafa Practitioners, including Zhang Dailing (former head of Falun Dafa Assistance Center) and Xu Jiling (former Party secretary of County Women's Association ), both of whom who had been released on bail for medical treatment, with the intent to send them back to the forced labor camp for further persecution. The police brought ambulances to forcibly arrest practitioners that were unconscious or paralyzed. Xu Jiling's younger sister tried to stop the police from arresting her older sister; the police also illegally sentenced her to "reeducation" through labor.
The noise of police cars and ambulances that illegally arrested Dafa practitioners and the shouting and cursing of policemen upset the local residents tremendously. One person who understood the truth angrily said, "The provincial forced labor camp did not dare to take these people, they still arrest, they execute the law and break the law. They want to send people to a deathtrap! They don't dare arrest bad and corrupt people, but don't refrain from persecuting good people. I have not seen such bad police in all of history. They have no conscience, and will suffer retribution soon!"
13. [Yanji City, Jilin Province] Police Arrest Dafa Practitioners on a Large Scale
Before the "People's Congress and Political and Consultation Conference", Yanji City "610 Office", public security bureau and local police inspected the homes of every Falun Gong practitioner whose name was in their records, including those who had written a "Guarantee Statement" not to practice Falun Gong. They also concentrated on inspecting tenants in rental properties. Countless Dafa practitioners were harassed, and more than 40 practitioners arrested. The public security officers broke into homes with master keys and forcefully arrested practitioners. Those practitioners suffered very severe physical torture. It is said that this large-scale arrest was commanded by the central government. Many fellow practitioners have walked out of the devil's lair with their righteous thoughts. Dafa practitioners at home intensively sent forth righteous thoughts to eliminate the evil in other dimensions in Yanji City, while at the same time continuing to clarify the truth as well. Dafa truth-clarification signs, materials and VCDs can be seen everywhere on every street in Yanji City.
14. [Hongan County, Hubei Province] Female Dafa Practitioner Zhang Qiumei is Kidnapped by Police
During the period of "the 16th Party's Congress", Ms. Zang Qiumei was kidnapped and her house was illegally searched and ransacked by the local police. Being persecuted, she kept righteous thoughts and fasted in protest for about twenty days in the Detention Center and then she was released. During the period of "the National People's Congress in 2003", she was arrested again by the police and held at the Detention Center. She will be illegally sentenced to "reeducation through forced labor" by the authorities in the Forced Labor Camp.
15. [Benxi County, Liaoning Province] Police Officers Have Harassed Falun Dafa Practitioners For a Long Time
In the spring of 2002, a gang of police came to the village and harassed the practitioners once every three days. Sometimes they arrived at the village three times in one day and as soon as they saw the practitioners they arrested and abused them. This activity lasted for six months.
16. [Shuangcheng City, Heilongjiang Province] Falun Dafa Practitioners Meng Jun, and Yu Yong Are Arrested by the Police While Delivering Dafa Materials
Recently, Shuangcheng City police arrested practitioners Meng Jun and Yu Yong while they were delivering Dafa materials. They are being held at the Second Detention Center of Shuangcheng City. Falun Dafa practitioner Cang Fengying of Shuangcheng City was also arrested, and no one knows her current whereabouts.
17. [Beijing] Zhaochenyuan Section of Yandan Village from Changping District Has Displayed Anti-Falun Gong Materials Intended to Poison the Public's Opinion About the Truth of Falun Gong
Since March 22, 2003, a community in the area of Zhaochenyuan has displayed anti-Falun Gong propaganda materials on the front gate bulletin boards in an effort to discredit Falun Gong in the eyes of the residents.
18. [Fushun City, Liaoning Province] Several Falun Dafa Practitioners Working for a Copper Mining Company Are Arrested by Police
From 03/18/2003, Xiao Gang (the police from the Hongtoushan Police Substation) and plain-clothes public security personnel from the Fushun City Police Station started arresting practitioners from the copper mining company. First the police searched and confiscated the property of practitioners Sui Lishen and Zhang Huamei's from their house when Mrs. Zhang was home by herself. The police took over 7000 Yuan and arrested Mrs. Zhang. They also found lists of names of some other practitioners while searching the house (A Dafa stipulation states that no one should maintain lists of practitioners' names. This is a neglectful and careless error committed by some practitioners. We should draw a lesson in time and strictly take Dafa as the teacher). The police arrested some practitioners after finding the list, including Liang Suyun, Liang Junhua, Yang Shuxian, Cao Yanzhen, Liu Xiangyu, Wang Shuyun, Zou Shen, Gao Xiuqin, Du Jinfeng, Zhou Hongqin, Li Shuqin and her daughter. So far, Zhang Huamei is still being illegally held at the police station in Fushun City and the other practitioners are being held at the Qingyuan Detention Center. The police have tortured these practitioners. Wang Youcai and Zhang Huamei can no longer stand up due to the brutal torture that they have endured. The practitioners' families are not only being refused permission to visit them but are also unable to obtain any information about the practitioners' status from the police. In addition, the public plain-clothes security personnel are still working in some selected areas, investigating the practitioners.
19. [Shijiazhuang City in Hebei Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Meng Qinggang Is Still Being Illegally Held at the First Detention Center
Meng Qinggang is twenty-nine years old and he was a worker of the Tractor Manufacturing Company of Shijiazhuang City. The company fired him in 2001 because he is a Falun Dafa practitioner. In September 2002, the police arrested him for taking down some slanderous Dafa posters in front of Xiaguang Theater of Shijiazhuang City. Since then, he has been illegally held at The First Detention Center of Shijiazhuang City.
20. [Xiangfan City in Hubei Province] Female Falun Dafa Practitioner Zhang Jinhua Is Arrested by Wuhan City "610 Office"
On March 15 2003, Zhang Jinhua was arrested by the officers of Wuhan City "610 Office" at her relative's home at 6 Street Qingshan Honggangcheng of Wuhan City. The "610" officials illegally took her away claiming that she didn't have the proper temporary identification card to stay there. No one knows where she is now. Mrs. Zhang had been detained four times over the last few years and has survived those ordeals by keeping righteous thoughts.
21. [Xinle City, Hebei Province] The Brainwashing Criterion Set by Jiang's Criminal for Releasing Falun Gong Practitioners Is: Whoever Curses Teacher the Worst and Most Wins His Release
After July 20 1999, over ten Falun Gong practitioners of Hantai County Niulin village in Xinle City, Hebei Province have been targets of persecution. Each one of them was guaranteed by two guarantors to make sure that they didn't practice Falun Gong; otherwise they would be fined and punished.
In the summer of 2001, these same practitioners were forced to go to the Brainwashing Center of the Village where the secretary of Hantai County government Zhang Zengqiang and the officers of the Local Police Station Sun were. They forced the practitioners to swear against our most respected Teacher and whoever cursed the worst and most could go home without studying anymore. Whoever refused to curse the Teacher was forced to stay there to "accept education".
22. [Chaoyang City, Liaoning Province] Bai Wenyou, a Police Officer from the Political and Security Section of Shuangta Police Station Steals Dafa Practitioner's Car
Bai Wenyou has been a thug following Jiang's Criminal Gang for several years. He has brutally persecuted Falun Dafa practitioners and stolen practitioners' wealth. In October 2001, while arresting a practitioner he stole that person's car. The license plate number is LiaoONO177.
23. [Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province] Female Dafa Practitioner Yang Jianmei Is Illegally Sentenced to Seven Years in Jail
Yang Jianmei, female, is a 48-year-old staff worker at the Waste Water Management Office of Qiaodong Company in Shijiazhuang City. After July 20 1999, she was illegally detained for appealing to the higher authorities on behalf of Falun Gong and was later released. In 2000, she was illegally sentenced to seven years in jail because of printing materials that clarify the truth about the persecution of Falun Gong. She is being held at Shijiazhuang City jail.
24. [Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province] Zhao Weiming, a Falun Dafa Practitioner Is Being Illegally Held at the Xushui Detention Center
Zhao Weiming, a 40-year-old male with a four-year college degree working for The Jewel Incorporated of Shijiazhuang City shares some experiences regarding being persecuted since the Falun Gong persecution started in 1999:
After July 20 1999, he went to Beijing to appeal to the higher authorities for Falun Gong and was detained by the police. He had been held at different places ranging from Shijingshan Stadium to Langfang Agriculture School to the Yuchai Community Office. He was released after signing a written guarantee that his company forced him to sign.
In October 1999, he went to Beijing again to appeal to the higher authorities for Dafa and he was taken to Yuchai Local Police Station. The police held him there for three days during their investigation. He was illegally detained for 15 days and was fined after being transported to the Detention Center in Jinzhou City from Yucai Local Police Station.
In March 2000, he once more went to Beijing to appeal to the higher authorities for Falun Gong and was held at a Detention Center in Beijing for 30 days. He was held at the Security Office of the Jewel Incorporated for another 30 days and was forced to pay 200 Yuan after being transported back to his hometown from Beijing.
In January 2001, the "610 Office" police forcibly took him to The Changan Police Substation from his home. While there, he was beaten and interrogated for three days .
In September 2001, to avoid the constant harassment by the authorities, Zhao Weiming became homeless.
On September 25 2002, he was arrested and is currently being held at Xushui Detention Center of Baoding City.