Dafa practitioner Liu Haibo, male, 34 years old at death, was a doctor from the Luyuan District Hospital CT Room in Changchun City. On the evening of March 11, 2002, he was taken from his home by officers from the Kuancheng District Police Department in Changchun City. They interrogated him during torture which continued until 1 a.m. the following day. The wicked police officers did not stop beating him until they found that his heart had stopped beating. By the time they sent him to the 120 Emergency Center, he had already died. That was March 12, 2002.

Liu Haibo started practicing Falun Gong in 1996. After July 20, 1999, he went to Beijing twice to appeal for Falun Dafa. Because he didn't give up his belief in "Truthfulness-Compassion-Tolerance" he was illegally put into the Weizigou Forced Labor Camp in Changchun City, and was sentenced to one year of forced labor. Later he was transferred to the Fenjin Forced Labor Camp, and then the Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp in Changchun City. During his detention period, Liu Haibo was steadfast in his determination to cultivate in Dafa, and he actively validated Dafa in the labor camps. He suffered brutal torture numerous times and received an additional nine-month term.

After Liu Haibo was released from the labor camp, his work unit suspended him because he refused to write a guarantee letter to not practice Falun Gong. He had done a lot of Fa-rectification and truth-clarification work.

On the evening of March 11, 2002, seven or eight police officers from Kuancheng District Police Department raided Liu Haibo's home, arrested Liu Haibo, his wife, and a visiting practitioner, and took them to the police station. They also stole several thousand Yuan [500 Yuan is the average monthly income for an urban worker in China.] in cash, and took other property. At the police department, the police subjected Liu Haibo to ruthless torture. During the interrogation, several police officers simultaneously shocked him with electric batons, attempting to force him to give up Falun Gong. Because of his refusal to disclose other practitioners' names and whereabouts, and refusal to give up his beliefs, the police officers continued torturing him until 1 o'clock the next morning, which was March 12, 2002.

Afterwards, officials from the police department secretly cremated his body and blocked the information. Liu Haibo's family members looked for him for a year and still could not find any information about him. To this day, the Kuancheng District Police Department still refuses to acknowledge the crime. They transferred one officer, Huo, who was directly involved in the murder, to another place. Liu Haibo's family members have no place to go for justice.

In Mainland China, it is unclear how many of these kinds of tragedies have taken place under the iron rule of criminal Jiang. Justice will manifest, good will be rewarded, and evil will receive karmic retribution. Those who assist the evil and directly persecute Falun Gong will not escape from the punishment of justice.

Directly responsible parties:

Kuancheng District Police Department
Telephone: 86-431-2798052, 86-431-2724830
Bureau Chief: 86-431-2794967
Directly involved murderer: Huo

Witnessing parties:

Changchun City Hospital 120 Emergency Center: 86-431-2733075
Changchun City Luyuan District Hospital: 86-431-7813903
Changchun City Weizigou Force Labor Camp: 86-431-4592044

Government institutions:

Changchun City Police Department: 86-431-8922156
Changchun City Government: 86-431- 8967000
Changchun City Intermediate People's Count: 86-431-7685400
Changchun City Party Committee: 86-431-8991514
Changchun City People's Prosecutor: 86-431-7684275
Jilin Province Party Committee: 86-431-8927512
Jilin Province Government: 86-431-8912321
Jilin Province Police Department: 86-431-2780701
Jilin Province Judicial Department Forced Labor Re-education Bureau: 86-431-2795608
Jilin Province Prosecutor: 86-431-7668118
Jilin Province Higher People's Court: 86-431-7681030