Harbin City Drug Rehabilitation Center Brutally Persecutes Dafa Practitioners, Who are in Critical Situations
(Clearwisdom.net) Based on the news recently leaking out from Harbin City Drug Rehabilitation Center, Heilongjiang Province, the rehabilitation center's persecution against Dafa practitioners is very severe. The people there use various brutal tortures, personal humiliation, mental persecution and other torture methods in their attempt to force Dafa practitioners to give up their belief in Falun Dafa. Right now, some practitioners' physical bodies have reached the utmost limit of tolerance. Recently, some Dafa practitioners who have heard the news made emergency calls to Harbin City Drug Rehabilitation Center, and found that the staff members there are very evil. When some practitioners called two numbers for the rehabilitation center, 86-451-2424014 and 86-451-2424046, a male and a female who answered the phone were both very evil.
When a Dafa practitioner read the death case of Jiang Rongzhen and the persecution story of Tang Zenye to the male who answered the phone, he was silent at first. Later, he pestered with unreasonable arguments and cursed at the practitioner. When other practitioner called the center, it was a male who answered the phone and he claimed that there was no persecution at the drug rehabilitation center and asked the practitioner to come to take a look. The practitioner said, "If I go there, you'll arrest me, right?" He did not answer. The practitioner told him, "I will go over to your place, we are investigating the situation." He listened for a while, and hung up the phone.
Harbin Drug Rehabilitation Center has become a sole demon's den where Dafa practitioners are detained and persecuted. They are especially vicious toward female Dafa practitioners. Some practitioners who didn't "reform" in labor camps in Daqing City and Qiqihar City were sent here to be brutally tortured. According to reports, Harbin Drug Rehabilitation Center is also using some evil way such as torturing and shaving the practitioners' hair into a ghost form all day and all night. They clamored the level of torture should be elevated.
The following are some persecution cases that were sent out through breaking through the information blockage.
Dafa practitioner Jiang Rongzhen, female, about 42 years old, was an employee of the cooking utensils store of Jixi City Coal Mechanism Factory, Heilongjiang Province. She was tortured to death on November 20, 2002, in the notorious Harbin City Drug Rehabilitation Center. Jiang Rongzhen's body was covered with cuts and bruises, and also marks left by electric shock batons; there were holes on her forehead and bumps on the back of her head.
Dafa practitioner Tang Zengye, female, was from Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province. She has been imprisoned in a small cell* ever since she arrived at the rehabilitation center. She has suffered cruel torture. Her weight has dropped to about 50 pounds and her life is in a dire situation. Police ordered her family and work unit to bring 3,000 Yuan [about a year's salary for an average urban worker in China] in order to bring her back home. On January 20, 2003, Tang Zengye's family and work unit brought the money and filled out the forms to get her out, but the police took out a statement slandering Falun Dafa and required Tang Zengye to sign. She was so weak that she did not have the strength to speak, but she shook her head "no" determinedly. The police inhumanly shut her back in the cell and proclaimed that there would be no release until she signed the statement. The police kept the money.
Dafa practitioner Gao Shuqin, female, has been on a hunger strike since September 9, 2002, when she was arrested at her home by policemen in Daqing City [according to the report on October 10, 2002]. She was forcibly taken away with a plastic bag covering her head. Now she is detained at Harbin City Drug Rehabilitation Center, and she is unconscious from receiving brutal torture. Her husband, Li Ling, was illegally sentenced to three years of forced labor at Daqing City Forced Labor Camp.
Dafa practitioner Lu Yongfeng, female, 42 years old, lived in Mudanjiang City. On October 16, 2000, police took her from Qiqihar City to Mudanjiang City, interrogated and tortured her. She was then transferred to Harbin Drug Rehabilitation Center. During the detention, she suffered all kinds of brutal tortures and she was forced to work for an extended period of time. She wasn't given enough food and had to make chemical pesticides, which are extremely harmful for human health. Sometimes, she was shocked with the electric baton and was tortured with "driving a plane." She was brutally beaten until she defecated blood.
In early September of 2002, Dafa practitioner Dai Yi and his wife, Sheng Xiaoyun, from Daqing City, were arrested at home. After a month's detention, Dai Yi was transferred to another detention center, but that center rejected him because of his poor health. It was less than two weeks later after he went back to work when the police sent him to a brainwashing class. On the second day in the brainwashing class he was sent to Daqing City Forced Labor Camp to serve three years of forced labor. His wife, Sheng Xiaoyun, was detained at Daqing City Appeals Detention Center [to detain the citizens who appeal to the Chinese government] before she was sentenced to two years of forced labor at Harbin City Drug Rehabilitation Center. Their elementary-school-age daughter is living at home without their care or any source of support.
Dafa practitioner An Fenghua, female, 47 years old, was arrested on March 1, 2000, in Beijing and detained in Hailin City. In mid-July of 2000, she was released after paying 3,000 Yuan. In October 2000, she was again arrested when going to Beijing and was detained in Harbin City until August 2001. In mid-May 2002, she was again arrested and has been detained until now. She was illegally sentenced to three years in jail and had a fine of 3,000 Yuan extorted from her. She is currently detained at Harbin City Drug Rehabilitation Center.
Below are some torture methods used at Harbin City Drug Rehabilitation Center:
(1) As soon as you are sent there, police try to force you to renounce your belief. Police beat Dafa practitioners and forcibly press practitioners' hands to write a statement vowing to break away from Falun Dafa. They also force practitioners to watch video programs defaming Falun Dafa. Dafa practitioner Wei Jun from Daqing City refused to watch the video. A group of guards pulled him out, beat and kicked him, pulled his hair, and slammed his head against the wall. Then they locked him up in an iron cage, tied him to an iron chair, and forced him to watch video that defamed Falun Dafa.
(2) Police make use of criminals to monitor Dafa practitioners. These criminals then use the power given by the guards to do whatever they want. When criminals beat practitioners, guards don't stop them but instead speak in favor of them and allow them to earn points to reduce their jail terms.
(3) Dafa practitioners are not allowed to use the restroom and they have to use a container in their own cells. Sometimes even when the container in the cell is full practitioners are not allowed to clean them. The smell in the room becomes terrible. This is also another means of persecution police use to force practitioners to give in.
(4) Practitioners are closely monitored and not allowed to eat in the dining hall. In mid-July 17 of 2001, a pile of eggplants only cost a few Yuan, but when Dafa practitioners went to eat, they were only given a spoonful of cooked eggplant, and sometimes even a spoonful of food shared between two practitioners. A traitor*** said, "if you don't 'reform', even the criminals who are assigned to watch you will not be allowed to eat in the dining hall or have no dish to eat."
(5) Guards make use of criminals to beat practitioners. In September 2001, Guard Du and a group of guards pulled a practitioner downstairs. They dragged him into the guards' office and handcuffed him behind the back and beat him, and then tightly sealed his mouth with adhesive tape. Later they called in some criminals and drug-addicts to beat and kick him. After they beat him, they put him on an iron chair with his hands handcuffed behind the back. He was handcuffed and locked this way for an entire day.
(6) Police secretly injected the psychotropic (mind-altering) drug into a Dafa practitioner's body and also forced this practitioner to not tell anyone about it. They didn't stop using such a vicious method until they realized that the drug didn't have any effect on this practitioner.
Those practitioners who read this news, please intensify clarifying the truth and sending forth righteous thoughts. Please help stop Harbin Drug Rehabilitation Center's severe persecution against Dafa practitioners, help practitioners inside to use strong will and pure righteous thoughts to eliminate the persecution and be the dignified Fa-rectification period disciples.
*Small cell: The detainee is locked up in a very small cell individually. The guards handcuff practitioners on their back in a fixed position, in which the practitioners can neither move nor lie down. The small cell is very damp and no sunshine comes in. Detainees have to urinate and defecate in the cell. Only half of a regular meal is served to detainees locked up in a small cell during the daytime. During the night the rats are running around. The stench in the small cell is so bad that it is difficult to breathe.
**In this torture, the head is bent down until it cannot go down any farther, while the hands are pulled up and held up to the highest point. The hips have to point up. One is forced to keep this position unchanged for a long time. The body in this position resembles the shape of an airplane, which is how the torture method got its name.
***Traitors: Former Falun Gong practitioners who have gone astray due to brainwashing and torture.
March 27, 2003