Five Dafa Practitioners Sentenced to Harsh Terms in a Secret Trial at the Jianshan District Court House, Shuangyashan City, Heilongjiang Province
February 7, 2003
(Clearwisdom.net) On January 23, 2003, The Jianshan District Court, Shuangyashan City, Heilongjiang Province illegally put five Falun Dafa practitioners on trial: Ji Songhai, Song Weiying, Lou Weiming, Wang Yuzhuo (female), and Zhang Li (female).
Ji Songhai was sentenced to 12 years imprisonment, Song Weiying, 11 years, Wang Yuzhuo, and Lou Weiming, 10 years respectively, and Zhang Li, 9 years. An eyewitness at the trial was very upset, "What kind of trial is this? It's absolutely lawless."
- Families were notified two days before the trial and only one member from each family, who was not a Falun Gong practitioner, was allowed to attend. The families of Ji Songhai and Song Weiying were not notified at all. Defense lawyers hired by practitioners were only allowed to review the files of the prosecutors one day before the trial and were not allowed to make any copies. In addition, their lawyers were not even informed of the evidence that was presented at the trial. When a family member went to complain to the authorities, they were told that lawyers were not allowed to see the evidence because it was secret.
- Only three members from practitioners' families were allowed to sit in on the process. The court appointed all others. One family member protested vehemently, and was finally allowed to go in after the court began its proceedings. When she cried, upon seeing her loved one, the court officials removed her for "disturbing the court". She was removed for such an excuse, when in fact she didn't even speak a word. She had only become saddened at the sight of her family member. Three other attendees were also forced out for attempting to wave at the practitioners whom they knew.
- Ji Songhai explained the circumstances under which he was forced to write the affidavit, which was used as evidence. We can be certain that all allegations were fabricated and forced upon the practitioners. He was jailed from April to May 2002, prosecuted in July 2002, tried in January 2003, and the judgement was sent to him on January 29. In the meantime, his family was still kept in the dark. Authorities lied to them that Ji would be sentenced after the Spring Festival but that he would be allowed ten days to appeal. Yet, eight out of those ten days fell on public holidays due to the Spring Festival, thus, he had no such opportunity.
- One of the family members raised her hand to wave to her relative since she had not seen her loved one for nine months. As a result, she was arrested and jailed, but with the help of a friend, she was able to get away. Another family member sat during the whole process and then complained to the authorities that the evidence was not sufficient and the process was not fair. The person in charge lied to her that the practitioners all shouted, "Falun Dafa is good." The family member said, "I sat through the whole thing and there was no mention of that at all."
- Practitioners appeared very calm and composed, and remained firm in their beliefs. Ji Songhai and Zhang Li spoke about how Falun Dafa teaches people to be kind, and improves people's health and moral standards, and how it is beneficial to the country and its people.
At this time, the evil scoundrels have plans to illegally sentence Falun Dafa practitioners Sun Fengjie (female), Wang Guanrong (female) and Wang Lihua (female), Zhang Xinghua, and Wu Yueqing.