March 1, 2003


1. Between November and December of 1999 Wang Shouhui traveled to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong and was arrested. She was sent back to Changchun City Daguang Detention Center to be illegally detained for 15 days. Later, lawless officials illegally detained her in the Zhengyang Residential Office's restricted detention room for four days and four nights. During that period these lawless officials tried to forcibly brainwash her and subjected her to prolonged sleep deprivation.

2. On February 22, 2000, Wang Shouhui went to Tiananmen Square in Beijing to display a Falun Dafa banner. She was arrested again and sent back to the Changchun City Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp for a 20-month sentence. Later, because her life was seriously jeopardized due to torture, the labor camp officials were afraid of taking responsibility and sent her home for medical treatment. During this period in detention Wang Shouhui was shocked with electric batons on eight separate occasions. During one of these torture sessions she was tied to a bed and shocked with two electric batons simultaneously for over an hour. Her face and entire body were seriously injured. There were big blisters all around her lips due to the electric shock. For one week her face was deformed and she could not eat. The labor camp police tied Wang Shouhui to a bed and forced her to stand for six days and nights, not allowing her a single minute of sleep. She was also forced to sit with her legs crossed in the full lotus position for 13 hours. She has been forced to work all day, then stand continuously during the night for five days and five nights. Many times she has been tied to the "Dead Person's Bed" [The four limbs of the practitioner are stretched out and tied to the four corners of an icy-cold metal bed. The practitioner cannot move at all. Neither is he allowed to get up to eat, drink, or go to the bathroom. This treatment would last from several hours up to more than a dozen days. This type of cruel torture causes severe damage to the practitioner both mentally and physically]. She has been brutally force-fed on four occasions. In the Police Hospital of Jilin Province a prisoner damaged her left eye by kicking her face.

3. On April 11, 2002, while Wang Shouhui was walking along the street, she was arrested by police from the Changchun City Luyuan District Zhengyang Police Substation. Police from the First Department of Changchun City Police Station blindfolded her and took her to the Changchun City Jingyuetan's Jingyue Mountain to be tortured in their restricted interrogation room. They forced her to sit on the Tiger Bench for two days and one night [Practitioners are forced to sit on a small iron bench that is approximately 20 cm (6 inches) tall with their knees tied together. With their hands tied behind their backs or sometimes placed on their knees, they are forced to sit straight up and look straight ahead. They are not allowed to turn their heads, close their eyes, talk to anyone or move at all. Several inmates are assigned to watch over the practitioners and force themáto remain motionless while sitting on the bench. Usually some hard objects are inserted underneath the practitioners' lower legs or ankles to make it harder for them to tolerate this abuse (see illustration on <>)]. During this period Ms. Wang also suffered other cruel tortures. These included being shocked on her breasts with two electric batons at the same time. Three men punched her face and upper body, pulverizing her left cheekbone and causing her to spit large amounts of blood. Later, her lung became infected and she was sent to the Police Hospital. During this period, Wang Shouhui was forced to take infusions while both her arms and legs were tied to a bed. She was not allowed to go to the bathroom. They forced a catheter into her but did not take care of it properly. As a result, urine flowed onto the entire bed, soaking her whole body for two days and nights. The catheter was left in her for five days and nights, later causing urinary incontinence. They also inserted a rubber tube into her stomach through her nose and left it there for three to five days, causing her nose, pharynx and esophagus to bleed.

4. On June 27, 2002, Wang Shouhui was again taken away from home. In the Zhengyang Police Substation they tied her up tightly and hung her up for a whole night. Later she was illegally detained in Changchun City's Third Detention Center, where they chained her hands and feet together for 18 days, and brutally force-fed her for a month. What they fed her was a thick salt-water solution with corn flour. Seven to eight guards pressed her body down, pulled her hair and blocked up her mouth, and inserted the tube through her nose. She was later sent to the Police Hospital of Jilin Province again, where they tied her arms and legs to the bed and forcibly gave her infusions and force-fed her for more than 30 days. Only when she was very close to death did they release her. The police substation often broke into Wang Shouhui's house and ransacked it. They stole over 4,000 Yuan [500 Yuan equals the approximate monthly salary of an urban worker]. Wang Shouhui's husband and son have both been arrested and detained in the Changchun City Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp for insisting on practicing Falun Dafa.