Police in Daqing Labor Camp, Heilongjiang Province began illegally jailing Falun Dafa practitioners in November of 1999, and have subjected them to severe torture.

1. During the period between August and October 2000, the labor camp secretly ordered all of its teams to force Falun Dafa practitioners to write the "guarantee statement" [A statement to declare that he or she is remorseful for practicing Falun Gong and guarantees not to practice Falun Gong again, not to go to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong, and never again associate with any Falun Dafa practitioners.] The behavior of the police on each team was that of madmen as they tried all sorts of torture. The 1st team forced Falun Dafa practitioners to haul dirt all day and not sleep during the night; they did not even allow practitioners to sit. The 3rd team beat up Falun Dafa practitioners. The 2nd team was the worst; police beat up Dafa disciples with complete inhumanity. Wang Bin was beaten for almost 1 hour in front of the 40 people, which led to his death.

2. Right after the Wang Bin's death, the persecution escalated because secret orders were passed down from the Justice Ministry. In February 2001, the 2nd police team stripped Falun Dafa practitioners who were doing the exercises, and sent them outside. Police handcuffed them onto iron bars in the shape of a cross. It was during the Northeast's freezing cold winter, which is 20oC below zero (about 5oF). Our fellow practitioners were left freezing outside for 2 hours, but no one gave in. Falun Dafa practitioner Hu Renquan lost consciousness.

Wang Yongqiang, Lu Guanru, Liang Jingli, Liu Hanxue, Zhang Shenghui, Tian Yanxin, etc., were tortured using "Tying the Ropes" [The police tie the practitioner up with a thin rope, circling the rope around his neck, and tied his hands behind his back. Then the police use all the force they could muster to tighten the rope. The rope becomes tighter and tighter around the body of the practitioner, and makes it more and more difficult for him to breathe. The pain is so intense that the practitioner sometimes loses control of his bladder. There are instances when the rope was tightened enough to break a practitioner's arm]. They were bleeding badly because the rope cut open their flesh. People can still see the rope marks on their bodies, two years later.

3. Falun Dafa practitioners in the 3rd team were practicing the exercises on January 7th, 2001. No matter how often the police asked the criminal prisoners to beat them, the practitioners continued to kindly clarify the truth to them. After receiving orders from upper level officers, the vice team leader Wang Yingzhou (who called himself a demon from hell) gathered some police and prisoners at midnight, tore off Falun Dafa practitioners Qiao Yongsheng, Bai Xuchang, and others' outer clothing, hats, and shoes, and pushed them outside on the ice for more than 20 minutes, wearing only their under shirts and under pants. The temperature was about minus 27o-28oC (about 2 oF). Even prisoners with a little conscience commented saying, "These police are inhuman."

4. Falun Dafa practitioner Zhuang Gangxiang was illegally abducted and sentenced to forced labor camp. Upon being assigned to the 3rd team, the deputy team leader Wang Yingzhou had prisoners Du Guojun and Li Zhiqiang forcibly check his belongings and found Dafa literature. Du and Li beat Zhuang in front of the police, causing Zhuang's mouth to bleed. That evening when Zhuang sat down on his bed to practice the meditation exercise, prisoner Wang found out, and told prisoners Peng Jianjun, Du Guojun, and Li Zhiqiang. This vicious gang beat Zhuang's head severely. When Zhuang asked them why they were hitting people, these prisoners said, "Do you know what this place is? As long we do not kill you, we can do anything to you. You can sue us, but it's no use in labor camp!" They dragged Zhuang from his bed to the floor, and the four beat him madly again, resulting in Zhuang's immediate bleeding from his ears and mouth, and his almost passing out. Meanwhile, vice team leader Wang Yingzhou, who was watching all the torture from the window, ordered them to carry Zhuang to the office, pointed to these prisoners, and said, "You and I are all reincarnated demons from hell!" Then he started to slander our Master and Falun Dafa, and beat Zhuang with extreme cruelty. Later we found out that Zhuang was badly injured. Because Zhuang still refused to give up his belief, he was tortured by a drunken prisoner named Zhu. After this, he could not use his right arm over a month.

5. In July of 2001, the labor camp illegally extended the terms of Falun Dafa practitioners who refused to give up Falun Dafa. They issued a rule saying that if one month cannot "reform" practitioners, add one more month, if one season could not transform them, add four and half months. Facing such illegal evil persecution, more than 30 Falun Dafa practitioners went on a group hunger strike to protest. The labor camp then used inhuman means to torture them. The management office head Han Qingshan and vice team leader of the 3rd team, Wang Yingzhou, beat Falun Dafa practitioner Du Guocong in front of everyone. They tied him up, used an iron stick to pry open his mouth, and conducted force-feeding of a highly concentrated salt solution and corn meal. They made Du's mouth bleed badly, beyond description. After this they still would not leave him in peace, and another evil gang of thugs beat him, breaking his ribs.

6. In October 2001, in order to protest all sorts of torture, resolve the problem of extended terms, release Falun Dafa practitioners whose lives were in danger, and resolve the problem of being beaten, Falun Dafa practitioners went on group hunger strikes 5 times. These Falun Dafa practitioners set aside any attachments to life and death, and openly practiced the exercises under the threat of evil, and shouted to the outside from the window, "Falun Dafa is Good! Return the Reputation of Falun Dafa!"

Soon after, the following cruel tortures occurred, at the end of October.

In the cells of the 2nd team, Officer Han Qingshan, Officer Zheng, Officer He, and other team leaders crowded themselves in, announced their "policies" to those innocent Falun Dafa practitioners who were on hunger strike, then dragged them down to the lower level, and tortured them with "Tying the Ropes." These Falun Dafa practitioners had already been on hunger strike for 7-8 days, had not eaten or drank water; their lives were in danger, but they were still tortured. Later practitioners started eating. Police would not leave them alone, and tied these Dafa practitioners into chairs. Not only could their bodies and hands not move, but they were not allowed to close their eyes! This torture lasted for 9 entire days!

In the 1st team, Falun Dafa practitioner Luan Zhiyi was tortured with "Tying the Ropes" 9 times within one day. He was seriously injured. Falun Dafa practitioner Ge Zhenmin (48 years old) was tortured with "Tying the Ropes" 3 times within one day, but still kindly clarified the truth to the police. The next day, he was tortured with "Tying the Ropes" 4 times. Dafa practitioner Cao Jingdong, after being beaten, was cuffed on to the bed, not allowed to move, and his mouth was sealed with tape. Dafa practitioner Zhuang Gangxiang kept clarifying the truth even after being tied up on a "Tiger Bench" [Practitioners are forced to sit on a small iron bench that is approximately 20 cm (6 inches) tall with their knees tied together. With their hands tied behind their backs or sometimes placed on their knees, they are forced to sit straight up and look straight ahead. They are not allowed to turn their heads, close their eyes, talk to anyone or move at all. Several inmates are assigned to watch over the practitioners and force themáto remain motionless while sitting on the bench. Usually some hard objects are inserted underneath the practitioners' lower legs or ankles to make it harder for them to tolerate this abuse (see illustration on <http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2001/11/24/16156.html>)]. Police then taped his mouth and nose. Not being able to breathe, he suffocated, and passed out. Later a prisoner sprayed cold water on him to revive him. Police were afraid that he would tell others of this illegal act, so they locked him up in a small cell [The detainee is locked up in a very small cell, hardly big enough for one person. The guards handcuff practitioners into a fixed position, in which the practitioners can neither move nor lie down. The small cell is very damp and no sunshine comes in. Detainees have to urinate and defecate in the cell. Only half of a regular meal is served to detainees locked up in a small cell during the daytime. The stench in the small cell is so bad that it is difficult to breath], and still tied him on a Tiger Bench. When force-feeding him, police would put him and the Tiger Bench down together. The next day Zhuang Gangxiang was ordered by labor camp leader to be tortured with "Tying the Ropes" 5 times. He lost consciousness due to his arm being injured badly. While he remained injured, police still forced him walk on his swollen legs for over one month! Police who were involved with this torture are: Li Haitao, Zhang Mingzhu, Han Tianzhu, Wang Junping, Wang Zhonghe, and others.

7. Inside the labor camp, prisoners can beat, curse and torture Falun Dafa practitioners at will. But Falun Dafa practitioners are not even given the right to speak. Whenever Falun Dafa practitioners talked, police would accuse them of being "against the government," and then torture them more. One time, Camp Director Wang was conducting brainwashing. A Falun Dafa practitioner asked him, "You said the country should be run with virtue, then shouldn't we as citizens emphasis conscience, virtue, and social morality?" That director actually answered, "No!"

8. On January 22, 2002, CCTV broadcasted another Falun Gong slandering program. The labor camp viciously arranged to have all prisoners and Falun Gong practitioners watch. Who ever did not watch was tortured on the spot.

In the middle of the broadcast, Falun Dafa practitioner Zhang Shenghui, from the 2nd team, pointed out the ridiculous contradictions in the program, he was dragged down stairs, and tortured with "Tying the Ropes" 3 times! Then he was sent to the small cell, and tied to a chair for 3 entire days.

Once, when watching TV, Falun Dafa practitioner Cao Jingdong, and Wei Bensheng also pointed out that the things depicted on TV are totally the opposite of what's being taught in Zhuan Falun. Vice team leader Wang Yingzhou immediately beat Cao. Dafa practitioner Zhuang Gangxiang turned his head and persuaded Wang to stop the beating. Prisoners Zhao Qunmin, Liu Hai, Meng Zhaoxiang took turns beating him until he was no longer able to stand. Zhao knocked out one tooth from Zhuang's mouth while Meng continued to help in the beating from the side. Someone hit Zhuang's head so hard that he passed out on the floor. Twenty minutes later people saw him bleeding profusely. In order to cover up this crime scene, police instantly mopped up the blood. Dafa practitioner Wei Bensheng attempted to stop the beating, but he was beaten as well. Wei bumped into Wang Yingzhou before falling down to the floor, then police Zhao Jinsheng, Xing Lien, Zhao Junmin, Liu Hai, and Zhang Kui beat up Cao and Wei. When Zhuang just came to, he was handcuffed, and then dragged to the hallway for another round of beating. He passed out again and lost his memory for a while. Vice team leader Wang Yingzhou reported that a Falun Gong practitioner attacked the police in the 1st team. In 20 minutes, all labor camp personnel came to the 1st team, including political secretary Song, Han Qingshan, Officer Jiang (female), Medical Director Jiang, and others. They tied Wei up immediately. Wei was shouting "Falun Dafa is Good" in spite the pain. Later we could not hear his voice. Next, Zhuang Gangxiang was called and tied with ropes. One of the four infamous police killers in the camp, Zhang Jinsheng, gave Zhuang a heavy blow with a fist on his face, then jumped up to hit Zhuang's chest 4 or 5 times. Because Zhuang just awoke from losing consciousness, he did not react to these beatings at all. Han Qingshan saw that his situation was not normal and let him go back, but continued to torture him with the "Tiger Bench" for 3 whole days. That night, Han Qingshan and Wang Yingzhou sent Cao to a small cell, and beat him in the middle of the night. As a result, Cao's eyes were swollen for over 2 months. His ribs were in pain for a long time, and he coughed and had difficulty breathing. To protest the abduction, Falun Dafa practitioner Li Dongning went on hunger strike for over 90 days as soon as he arrived in the camp. He was assigned to the 1st team after being tortured. Upon arrival, being so weak after all these hardships, police still kicked him so hard that he was injured in many places.

(To be continued)