The United States District Court of the Northern District of Illinois, Eastern Division:

We Falun Dafa practitioners from Jilin City, Jilin Province, China, want to sue Jiang and his criminal regime. Below are the facts of what we have endured in this persecution, which are offered as proof of Jiang's guilt.

My name is Guo Yunqing. I was born on January 22, 1957, have a high school education, and am an employee of Jilin Provincial Metal Construction Company. I have been cultivating Falun Dafa since 1998. My wife Du Hongfang (now serving a second term in a labor camp) and I went to Beijing to appeal peacefully, although we were illegally checked many times en route.

I went to Beijing to appeal the second time in October 1999, and was abducted by the Beijing's Sanjianfang Police Station and the Jilin City Police. After conducting an illegal body search, they detained me in the Jilin Province Liaison Office in Beijing overnight. They sent me back to Jilin City the next day, together with more than 30 other practitioners who had also peacefully appealed. As soon as we reached the Jilin City Train Station, we were handcuffed and videotaped by hundreds of armed policemen. The Jilin City TV Station and Jiangcheng Daily newspaper cooperated with police to slander our legal appeal activities in the local media. The Yanjiang Police Station of Changyi District, Jilin City accused me of "disturbing social order" and detained me for 15 days. Immediately after my release, I went back to Beijing to appeal. But because all routes were blocked to prevent any more practitioners from entering Beijing, we had to return to Jilin City. As soon as I returned home, I was arrested again and illegally detained in Jilin City's No.3 Detention Center. In the middle of December 1999, I was arrested yet again by the Jilin City Police, who accused me of "damaging law enforcement effort." I was locked in Jilin's No.1 Detention Center for 4 months and was released as "innocent" in March 2000.

I went to Beijing on September 26, 2000, for the fourth time to appeal peacefully. On the morning of October 1st, around 8 a.m., I unfurled a 5-meter-long banner that said, "Falun Dafa is Good!" Several dozen police began beating me, some with long iron bars hidden in their sleeves to strike my head repeatedly. My head and entire body were bleeding. My clothes were soaked with blood. I passed out on the spot and was carried by the police to Beijing's Qianmen Police Station. Shirking any responsibility for me, the police threw me in a quiet place while I was still unconscious and left me for the night.

On October 28, 2000, I was abducted by the Changyi District Police Station, Jilin City, while clarifying the truth to people. The Chief Officer of the Changyi District Police Station Political Security Section Du Xingze gave orders to torture me into submission. They cuffed my left hand to a heating pipe, and then several police held me up by my feet and swung my body back and forth for 20 minutes. It was so painful that I lost consciousness. Even now, the middle finger on my left had can barely bend. The police also put burning hot mustard powder into my eyes and nose. After all these tortures, they sent me to the Detention Center at midnight. Following 14 days of illegal detention in the No.3 Detention Center, I was later sentenced to one year in the Jilin City Labor Camp. I was forced to attend the Brainwashing program, where I was subjected to all sorts of tortures. Because I never gave up, I was transferred on March 27, 2000, to the Liaoyuan City Labor Camp Brainwashing Class. I endured numerous tortures, but still firmly cultivated Dafa. I walked out of that labor camp on October 26, 2001, in a dignified manner.

Because I continued to cultivate Dafa after being released, Police Officer Zhang Shoubin and others from the Hadawan Police Station, Changyi District, Jilin City, tried many times to arrest me, but they were never again successful. They then began to illegally harass my brother-in-law and sister-in-law many times. They followed my 12-year-old son and harassed him. My son had to drop out of school and has now been forced to leave home to avoid further persecution. Since July 22, 1999 the Changyi District Political and Judiciary Committee and the Hadawan Police Station have extorted from my family more than 5000 Yuan (ten months' salary for an average urban worker).

My wife Du Hongfang was born in 1962, has a high school education, and also is an employee of Jilin Provincial Metal Construction Company. She has been cultivating Falun Dafa since April 25, 1999. She went to Beijing to appeal peacefully on July 22, 1999, although she was illegally checked on the way many times. She went to Beijing to appeal the second time on October 10, 1999, and was illegally detained for 15 days. She went back to Beijing to appeal immediately after her release, but because all routes were blocked to prevent any more practitioners from entering Beijing, she had to return to Jilin City. As soon as she returned home, she was arrested again and illegally sent to a brainwashing class. She was illegally detained in January 2000 for 10 days. She went to Beijing to peacefully appeal again in February 2000, but was arrested in Fushun Train Station. She was then illegally detained in Jilin City and sentenced to one year in Provincial Changchun City Heizuizi Female Labor Camp. She was forced to submit to the brainwashing program and endured numerous tortures. Because she kept cultivating Dafa, her term was extended for 10 months before she was able to walk out of the labor camp in a dignified manner. She was arrested, beaten and tortured by the Changyi Police subdivision in May of 2002, before being illegally sentenced to 2 years in Heizuizi Women's Labor Camp, where she remains today.

Based upon the above facts that attest to the brutal persecution by Jiang and his criminal regime, we sincerely ask the United States District Court to investigate our situation, and to convict Jiang and his criminal regime accordingly.

[address withheld to prevent further persecution from authorities to the authors of this letter]

Written on January 9, 2003.