Police from Liaoyuan City, Jilin Province Apply Vicious Torture Methods such as Stabbing with Needles, Tiger Bench, Cuffing and Hanging, and Electric Shocks
(Clearwisdom.net) On March 12, 2002, policemen from Liaoyuan City, Liaoning Province destroyed a Dafa truth-clarifying materials production site. Falun Gong practitioners who were making Dafa truth-clarifying materials, Ms. Yang Guiqin, Yang Guijun and Zhang Weixi were arrested. Zhao Zhenqi, Secretary of the Liaoyuan City Committee, led the police chief and forty other policemen. They surrounded the materials production site and made off with printers, thousands of copies of truth-clarifying materials and an undetermined amount of cash. Practitioners Yang Guijun and Zhang Weixi clarified the truth about Falun Gong to them and told them the universal law that "Good is rewarded with good and evil is met with evil." The practitioners also told the police officers that those who persecute practitioners would not avoid karmic retribution. The policemen did not take the kind advice from Dafa practitioners; instead, they said the practitioners were cursing them. After the Dafa practitioners were arrested and taken to the police station, all were tortured.
- Police used books and other objects to hit the practitioners on their faces so severely that the books were torn and tattered and practitioners' faces were covered with blue and black marks, badly swollen and full of wounds and cuts.
- Tiger Bench Torture: Practitioners were forced to sit on a small iron bench that was approximately 20 cm (6 inches) tall with their knees tied together. With their hands tied behind their backs or sometimes placed on their knees, they were forced to sit straight up and look straight ahead. They were not allowed to turn their heads, close their eyes, talk to anyone or move at all. Several inmates were assigned to watch over the practitioners and force themáto remain motionless while sitting on the bench. Some hard objects were inserted underneath the practitioners' lower legs or ankles to make it harder for them to tolerate this abuse; see illustration on: http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2001/11/24/16156.html
- Applying high voltage electric batons. The police shocked practitioners with electric batons all over their bodies, which filled the room with the smell of burned flesh.
- Cuffed and hung up . In this torture method, the practitioner has both hands cuffed behind the back, both feet off the ground or only toes touching the ground; one was hung onto the basketball support or house beam with handcuffs. Both hands and arms will soon lose sensory perception and go numb from lack of blood circulation.
- Imperial Court Needle. In this torture method, the abusers use a needle to stab a person's fingertips, the tips of the toes and the area around the neck. The needles are extremely thin and they don't leave any marks on the flesh after injecting it into the skin, no blood is drawn, but this is extremely painful, and most people cannot withstand this torture.
- Using cigarette smoke to suffocate . Lit cigarettes would be inserted into the Dafa practitioner's nostrils. The police would light several more cigarettes, cover a practitioner's head with a plastic bag or plastic flowerpot, and enclose an ashtray with the burning cigarettes. The police also used cigarettes to burn practitioners' feet. The socks of one practitioner were burned. The practitioner's feet were burned so badly that the practitioner could not walk.
- Continuous deprivation of use of toilet facilities, deprivation of sleep and withholding food and water.
Responsible persons who persecute Dafa practitioners in Liaoyuan City:
Secretary of the City Committee: Zhao Zhenqi
Longshan Branch: Chief Zhao
Xi'an Branch: Chief Pei
Person in charge of the persecution in Liaoyuan City: Xu Jun
Supervisor of the "610 Office" in Liaoyuan City: Pi Fuguo
Telephone number of the "610 Office" in Lianyuan City: 86-437-3311714
February 4, 2003