(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Liu Wenzhi, a farmer by profession, lives on Beigangjie Road in Niuyingzi Village, Longgang District, Huludao City, Liaoning Province. She was arrested and sent to the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp for practicing Falun Gong. While she was in the camp, her hands and feet were handcuffed to a pole. She was not allowed to sleep or to use the toilet facilities. The Masanjia staff wrapped her up in a plastic bag to contain the bad odors emitted from her bodily waste. After twenty-three days of torture, Ms. Liu finally broke down physically and mentally and could not recognize her own family. Even so, the police from the Beigang Town Authority still attempted to put her in a brainwashing session.

Ms. Liu Wenzhi, 55, was just an ordinary peasant woman. She had previously suffered from various illnesses, but all her illnesses disappeared after practicing Falun Dafa. Because of her amazing recovery, Ms. Liu often told people about how good Falun Dafa was.

Despite Jiang Zemin's nationwide ban on practicing Falun Gong on July 20, 1999, Ms. Liu continued with her practice and made efforts to clarify the truth about Falun Dafa. The police from Zhaolitouzi Security Office, agents from the "610 Office" [an agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political and judiciary systems] as well as the Longgang District government, came to her home many times and demanded that she give up her practice and surrender her Falun Dafa books. Ms. Liu ignored them every time.

On April 14, 2002, chief police officer Wang Ce, from Zhaolitouzi Security Office, and a few other officers suddenly barged into Ms. Liu's house. They searched her home and confiscated all her Falun Gong books. The next day, Ms. Liu went to the security office to get her books back. Not only did Wang Ce refuse to give back her books, he also locked her up in a detention center for 15 days, and then sent her to the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp where she was sentenced to 3 years of hard labor.

Masanjia Forced Labor Camp is a living hell. No sooner had Ms. Liu arrived at the camp, than the camp officer lined up a few collaborators [former Falun Gong practitioners who have gone astray due to brainwashing and torture] to intimidate her into giving up practicing Falun Gong. Ms. Liu ignored them and continuously recited Dafa verses from memory. To fortify their intimidation tactics, the collaborators forced Ms. Liu into a small dark corner and started bullying and beating her, but still Ms. Liu ignored them. Out of exasperation, they poured cold water over her and continuously abused her.

To prevent Ms. Liu from sleeping, the collaborators took turns bullying and abusing her. After long periods of being chained to a pole, the metal handcuffs cut deep into her flesh, and Ms. Liu's ankles and wrists were bleeding badly. To make the situation more difficult for her, her tormentors even prevented her from using toilet facilities. As the filth and odor became unbearable, they then wrapped her up in a big plastic bag and tied her up with ropes to prevent her from moving. To keep her quiet, one of the persecutors bashed her head with a rod. To humiliate her further, they stripped off her clothes one day, and tried to take a photograph of her. Ms. Liu struggled hard to prevent them from taking photographs. Their attempts finally failed. After some fifteen days of suffering from humiliation and the agonizing pain from the torture, her physical body finally broke down.

To protest her cruel treatment, Ms. Liu went on a hunger strike. About 6 or 7 days later, the guards tied her down and force-fed her. By now, Ms. Liu had completely lost her strength to put up a defense and finally she broke down mentally as well.

The forced labor camp was afraid to take responsibility if Ms. Liu were to die, so they called the police from the Zhaolitouzi Security Office to take her away. The police there turned a deaf ear, and did not inform Ms. Liu's family either. After a few more days, the chief officer from Masanjia camp became worried and contacted Ms. Liu's home directly, asking them to collect her as soon as possible. When Ms. Liu's family members arrived at the Masanjia camp, they could hardly recognize her. Her life was in grave danger. It took four people to carry her into a car to take her home. After just 23 days, a once healthy woman had become completely unrecognizable through ill treatment at the forced labor camp.

After returning home, Ms. Liu had lost control over herself both mentally and physically. As she was unable to look after herself, her family had to send her to a hospital. After 17 days in the hospital, she came home only to lose control of herself again after a few days. The family had to send her back to the hospital for the second time.

Although Ms. Liu is now mentally more stable, she still suffers physically. She cannot straighten up her aching back. Her arms and legs have lost sensation due to spinal injury sustained from the torture. She can hardly walk and often trips and falls over. She has lost control of her bowels and has to visit the toilet frequently. She has lost a lot of weight and is too weak to carry even light objects. At times, Ms. Liu is so nervous that she becomes very upset from the slightest irritation.

Between Ms. Liu's arrest on April 14, 2002 and her admission to the hospital, her medical bills plus other fees extorted by the police have mounted to over 10,000 yuan [500 yuan is the average monthly income for an urban worker in China]. Before allowing Ms. Liu to leave the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp, Wang, the chief of the camp, and Dong, his deputy, again extorted 500 yuan from Ms. Liu's family.

Despite all the terrible things done to Ms. Liu, she was not spared from further persecution. On October 14, 2003, the chief of police and some other government officials forced their way into Ms. Liu's house again, saying that they had been ordered to take her to a brainwashing class. Ms. Liu refused to go and tried to reason with them, but she had another nervous breakdown while arguing. Ms. Liu's family brought out a medical certificate to verify her case with the officers, saying, "She has been having nervous breakdowns since coming home, and she can't take any more stress. We have spent over 10,000 yuan already. If something goes wrong again, who will be responsible?" A police officer answered, "We don't care. If she is sick, you pay for the expenses. When she gets well, we will work on her again. Our order is to work on anyone who practices Falun Gong." Liu Wenzhi's family was determined not to let them take her away. The argument went on until late afternoon, and as all the people present were on Ms. Liu's side, the police officers finally gave up and left.

The following people have been involved with Ms. Liu Wenzhi's case --

Chief of Zhaolitouzi Security Office -
Wang Ce: 86-429-2077966 (work), 86-13909893959 (mobile)

Longgang District Party Secretary -
Ren Shoumin: 86-13909893959 (mobile), 86-429-2075001 (work), 86-429-3180458 (home)

Longgang District Party Deputy Secretary -
Qi Ruirong: 86-13052669005 (mobile), 86-429-2075003 (work), 86-429-2075288 (home)

Kan Aimin: 86-429-2075008 (work), 86-429-2075646 (home), 86-429-2075010 (work)

Beigang Town Police Station -
Chief Officer - Wang Xuexin: 86-429-3116624
Deputy Police Officer: Lou Chunsheng: 86-13130999501

Longgang District "610 Office": 86-429-2092621

Beining District Community Office -
Chief Officer - Zhang Suqiu: 86-13052654188
Deputy Officer - Yang Xiaoliang: 86-429-2135505 (home), 86-429-3900513 (work)

Fengle District Community Office -
Sun Guifang: 86-429-2135372 (work), 86-429-2122200 (home)

Qunying District Community Office -
Wang Xiufeng: 86-429-3901429 (work), 86-429-2136572 (home)