Because I persisted in practicing my belief in Falun Gong, I was taken to a brainwashing session. On that day, my husband was traveling. In the morning, I took my two-and-one-half year old son to kindergarten. With his young hands, he turned my head to look me in the eyes and exclaimed, "Mom! Please come for me earlier in the evening."

How did he know that his mother would be deceived and taken to a brainwashing session that very day? He would not see me for a long time after that.

That evening, the officer who arrested me rushed into the kindergarten with several other officers. My son never gave up on me, but instead of his mother, a group of strangers came for him. They used fine-sounding words to appear as if they were there to take care of the child. They used high sounding phrases such as a "political task," a "job requirement," etc. I could not imagine how my baby withstood their ploys.

During the time I was held at the brainwashing center, my husband drank almost every day. While drunk, he would stagger home late at night, leaning this way and that, while carrying the sleeping baby on his shoulders. It was the middle of summer, yet nobody gave my son a bath. His clothes also became very dirty.

I conducted a hunger strike to protest the violation of my personal freedom and my freedom of belief by the personnel running the brainwashing session. During my hunger strike, my son was unable to eat. When I developed a fever and fierce cough from the severity of the torture and the conditions in the brainwashing class, my son suffered from diarrhea and a fever.

My husband brought him to visit me. However, officials in the brainwashing class said I could not have any visitors because I had not renounced my belief in Falun Dafa. My son and husband both cried and had to return home without seeing me. Because I refused to renounce my belief in Zhen-Shan-Ren (Truthfulness-Benevolence-Forbearance), Jiang's regime also persecuted my family. When they released me, I returned home to find my son was still ill and taking medicine. He had become very thin.

From then on, every morning I took my son to kindergarten. Before I left, he would always hold my legs and ask, "Mom! Will you come to meet me in the evening?" Only when I assured him that I would come for him would he feel relieved and run into school. If I said that I had something to do and could not meet him, he would become frightened, burst into tears, and hold me tightly to prevent me from leaving.

How sad! Jiang's regime has victimized another innocent child.