Latest News from China - December 13, 2003
- [Anshan City, Liaoning Province] Individuals Directly Responsible for the Death of Falun Dafa Practitioner Ms. Sun Yuhua
- [Jiamusi City, Heilongjiang Province] Officers at the Qianjin Branch of Jiamusi Police Department Commit Sacrilege to Torture Falun Dafa Practitioner Ms. Wang Dongxia
- [Shenyang City, Liaoning Province] Heping District Court in Shenyang City Is Designated to Unlawfully Put Falun Dafa Practitioners on Trial
- [Chongqing] Falun Dafa Practitioners Ms. Liu Taiping and Ms. Peng Wenbi Are Persecuted
- [Suining City, Sichuan Province] All-Out Campaign is Launched to Unlawfully Arrest Falun Dafa Practitioners
- [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Wuhan Police Stations Conspire with Neighborhood Administration Offices to Coerce Falun Dafa Practitioners into Writing the "Three Guarantee Statements"
- [Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] Changlinzi Forced Labor Camp Escalates Persecution of Falun Dafa Practitioners
- [Chongli County, Hebei Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Liu Jianming Is Unlawfully Arrested
- [Shenyang City, Liaoning Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Ms. Zhu Unlawfully Sent to the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp
- [Chongzhou City, Sichuan Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Huang Ying Is Unlawfully Arrested
- [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Young Non-Practitioner Woman Warned Against Believing in Truthfulness-Benevolence-Forbearance
- [Zaoqiang County, Hebei Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Meng Xianqun Unlawfully Abducted to a Brainwashing Class
1. [Anshan City, Liaoning Province] Individuals Directly Responsible for the Death of Falun Dafa Practitioner Ms. Sun Yuhua
Wang Xiuhong, Deputy Section Chief at the Dabei Prison: 86-24-88905785,
Ji Chongzhe, Staff Member of the Tong'erbao Branch of the Police Department: 86-13008202752.
2. [Jiamusi City, Heilongjiang Province] Officers at the Qianjin Branch of Jiamusi Police Department Commit Sacrilege to Torture Falun Dafa Practitioner Ms. Wang Dongxia
On December 13, 2002, Chen Wanyou, member of the Jiamusi City "610 Office" [an agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political and judiciary systems], in coordination with officers from the Qianjin Branch of the Police Department and the Nangang Police Station broke into Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Wang Dongxia's home. They confiscated 800 yuan in cash that her husband was carrying before taking her away. [The average monthly salary for an urban worker in China is 500 yuan.] Inside the Qianjin Branch of the Police Department, officers beat Ms. Wang. They stuck pictures of the respected Master of Falun Gong into her shoes and then forced her to stand barefooted on the cement floor. She was also deprived of sleep with both hands cuffed behind her to a chair. The police also tried to force Ms. Wang to sit on pictures of Falun Gong's Master. When she vehemently refused, they tried to force the picture under her legs. She remained handcuffed until the following day, when she was transferred to the detention center.
On January 6, 2003, Ms. Wang and several other Falun Dafa practitioners were unlawfully sent into the Jiamusi Forced Labor Camp. On their first day in the forced labor camp, with their hands cuffed behind them, these practitioners were all handcuffed to a bed during brainwashing.
Those who participated in this persecution include Deputy Brigade Chief Zhang Xiaodan, and police officers Liu Yadong and Li Yongbo.
3. [Shenyang City, Liaoning Province] Heping District Court in Shenyang City Is Designated to Unlawfully Put Falun Dafa Practitioners on Trial
The Shenyang City Court has designated the Heping District Court to exclusively handle the unlawful sentencing of Falun Dafa practitioners. Police Officer Zhang Guokui (phonetic spelling) has brutally beaten and viciously cursed Falun Dafa practitioners as a matter of routine. Zhang has even locked practitioners in small cells and forbidden them from using the restroom at any time. Then Zhang sarcastically shouts, "How come cultivators need to use the restroom?" As a result, the practitioners suffered immensely, and some had no choice but to defecate in their pants.
Telephone country code 86; city code 24
Provincial High Court: 86221155
Municipal Intermediate Court: 22828034
Heping District Criminal Court: 23395491.
Heping District Civil Court: 23395208
Address of Heping District Court: No. 78 Xinhua Road, Zip Code 110005
4. [Chongqing] Falun Dafa Practitioners Ms. Liu Taiping and Ms. Peng Wenbi Are Persecuted
Ms. Liu Taiping, 62, lives at Anju Town in Tongliang County, Chongqing. In March 2000, she was returned to Chongqing and held in the local detention center for over a month after going to Beijing to appeal on behalf of Falun Gong. In December 2000, she was again abducted for distributing Falun Gong truth-clarifying materials and unlawfully sentenced to two years of forced labor. The forced labor camp refused to admit her because of her high blood pressure, so she was sent to an elderly nursing facility for an extended stay under surveillance. In May 2003, she managed to walk away from the nursing home with righteous thoughts in mind. On September 20, 2003, officers from the Anju Police Station unlawfully recaptured her at the home of a relative. Her current location is unknown.
Ms. Peng Wenbin, in her fifties, lives within the jurisdiction of the Datian Neighborhood Committee in Anju Town, in Tongliang County, Chongqing. She was unlawfully arrested in December 2000 for distributing Falun Gong truth-clarifying materials and sentenced to one year of forced labor. In May 2003, fellow practitioner Ms. Liu Taiping managed to escape from the elderly nursing home, so the police took this as an excuse to conduct an unlawful search of Ms. Peng's home. Two CDs were found that contained the facts of the Falun Gong persecution. Ms. Peng was again unlawfully sentenced, this time to two years of forced labor.
5. [Suining City, Sichuan Province] All-Out Campaign is Launched to Unlawfully Arrest Falun Dafa Practitioners
On the evening of November 5, 2003, the Suining Police launched an all-out campaign to unlawfully arrest Falun Dafa practitioners, resulting in many arrests, several of which occurred in subordinate townships. Other practitioners have been forced to leave their homes to avoid the persecution. Even some of their family members who do not practice Falun Gong have been taken away. Some of those arrested have been released after being extorted for around 2000 yuan each. Many practitioners had contacted each other using their residential telephones, which they did not realize had been monitored by the police.
At the moment, the Suining authorities are planning to hold three sessions of brainwashing classes, the first of which has already begun. It is being held in the Chengbei Temporary Custody and Investigation Institute in Suining City. Recently, more Falun Dafa practitioners have been unlawfully arrested, including two in Xinqiao Town.
6. [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Wuhan Police Stations Conspire with Neighborhood Administration Offices to Attempt to Coerce Falun Dafa Practitioners into Writing the "Three Guarantee Statements"
Recently, police stations in various districts of Wuhan City have coordinated with Neighborhood Administration offices by sending people to visit Falun Gong practitioners whose names they have on file. Attempts are again being made against practitioners to coerce them into writing the "three guarantee statements" [Statements declaring that he or she is remorseful for practicing Falun Gong and guarantees not to practice Falun Gong again, not to go to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong, and never again associate with any Falun Dafa practitioners.]. Anyone who refuses to comply will be sent to the brainwashing center. Zhao Changjiang, Deputy Chief of the Chezhan Street Police Station, led a man and three women to deceive Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Xu Fuzhen into voluntarily coming to the police station, where police captured Xu and sent her to the brainwashing center.
7. [Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] Changlinzi Forced Labor Camp Escalates Persecution of Falun Dafa Practitioners
Since September 7, 2003, a round of even more severe persecution against Falun Dafa practitioners has been under way at the Changlinzi Forced Labor Camp in Harbin City. Falun Dafa practitioners have been forced to crouch on the ground from five o'clock each morning until midnight. Police officers have tortured practitioners with electric batons and the Tiger Benches [a torturing device, illustrated and described at http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2001/11/24/16156.html]. They have also driven nails into practitioners' fingernails and force-fed them with water that was mixed with hot red chili pepper powder. A total of over forty different torture methods were used. Over one hundred forty Falun Dafa practitioners have been enduring these inhumane forms of torture. Falun Dafa practitioner Yun Fuqi suffered ten broken ribs. Guan Qingxi was stabbed in the head with an awl. Yu Guanghe (pronunciation spelling) was hung off the ground for two months and twenty days. [With both hands cuffed behind the back, and both feet just off the ground, one is hung by the handcuffs from a rope that is tied to a basketball support or house beam. Both hands and arms soon lose sensory perception and eventually go numb from lack of blood circulation.] Under the instigation of Brigade Head Zhao Shuang, criminal inmates burned Falun Dafa practitioners on the neck. In wintertime, inmates poured ice water over practitioners, soaking them from head to toe.
Individuals who participated in the inhumane torture are listed below.
Heads of the forced labor camp: Kong Qingman and Guo Weidong.
Police officers: Bai Yuqiao, Zhang Yunlong, Bai Chun Wu and Yu Zhenbo.
8. [Chongli County, Hebei Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Liu Jianming Is Unlawfully Arrested
Falun Dafa practitioner Liu Jianming, who lives in Chongli County, was unlawfully arrested by the Qiaodong Court and Hongqilou Police Station and sent to the Chongli County Detention Center. The police have denied any visits from family members and have already begun interrogation. Three other Falun Dafa practitioners, Ms. Liu Jianhua (Liu Jianming's eldest sister), Ms. Liang Xiutao and Ms. Liang Xiulian were also unlawfully sentenced to three years each in Baoding Women's Prison.
The following individuals are responsible for this persecution:
(Except for cellular phones, the country code is 86; city code 313)
Jin Zhengui, Chongli County Party Secretary: 4615110 (office), 2068993 (home), 86-13903235110 (cellular).
Wang Xiaodong, Chongli County Deputy Party Secretary: 4612592, 4108064, 86-13603133186 (cellular).
Yang Chengliang, Deputy Party Secretary and head of the Chongli County "610 Office" : 4612432, 8028802, 86-13136305 (cellular).
Liu Haibin: 4617518, 4613352, 86-13603131317 (cellular).
Wang Zhigang, Party Secretary of the Disciplinary Committee: 4612509, 8031726, 86-1393132000 (cellular).
Zhang Huai: 4613227, 8782881, 86-13932336632 (cellular).
Liu Shihe, Party Secretary of the Political Judiciary Committee: 4617958, 4615520, 86-13582638331 (cellular).
Hou Youlong, Director of the "610 Office": 4612444, 4612066, 86-13903134606 (cellular).
9. [Shenyang City, Liaoning Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Ms. Zhu Unlawfully Sent to the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp
A 68-year-old Falun Dafa practitioner, Ms. Zhu (her actual given name is unknown), lives in the Xingda Community, at Jingong No. 1 Street, in Shenyang City's Tiexi District. At around 10:00 am, on December 4, 2003, officials of the Neighborhood Committee led over a dozen officers, who arrived in three police cars, to take Ms. Zhu away. Along the way, she was shouting, "Falun Dafa Is Good!" and "Falun Dafa Is the Righteous Law!" She was reportedly sent directly to the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp.
The officers who carried out the arrest were from Xingqi Police Station in the Tiexi District. The police station telephone number is 86-24-25413727.
10. [Chongzhou City, Sichuan Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Huang Ying Is Unlawfully Arrested
At around 7:00 p.m. on December 1, 2003, four or five members of the Chongzhou City "610 Office" once again arrested Chongzhou City Falun Dafa practitioner Huang Ying. Huang was arrested at home, sent to the Tingjiang Brainwashing Center the same night, and secretly transferred to Xinjin for brainwashing the next day.
The following people have been verified as responsible for the abduction:
Yuan Ansheng, staff member of the Guansheng Security Office in Chongzhou City.
Wang, a 50-year-old male officer at the Yuantong Police Station.
The organizations which planned and financed Tingjiang Brainwashing Center are the Yuantong Political Judiciary Committee in Chongzhou City and the Chongzhou Police Department.
The Chongzhou City Bureau of Transportation financed the brainwashing classes.
11. [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Young Non-Practitioner Woman Warned Against Believing in Truthfulness-Benevolence-Forbearance
A Wuhan City Falun Dafa practitioner and her entire family have been enduring the persecution of Jiang's regime for four years. Her husband still remains in a forced labor camp. The practitioner cannot support her entire family on her single income alone, so she has had to rent out her house to a young female tenant. Not long ago, she learned from this young lady that a shorthaired woman in her 40's had barged into her home to conduct an unlawful search. The woman did not find anything, but before leaving, she peeled from the wall several posters that portrayed Gods and Buddhas. She then warned the young lady not to believe in Truthfulness-Benevolence-Forbearance, not to believe in Gods and Buddhas, and that regardless of whether one practiced Falun Gong, posters like these were forbidden. The young tenant said that she had been fearful, not knowing the real intentions of the middle-aged woman; yet she managed enough courage to safeguard those posters.
12. [Zaoqiang County, Hebei Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Meng Xianqun Unlawfully Abducted to a Brainwashing Class
Falun Dafa practitioner Meng Xianqun, an employee of the Zaoqiang County Security Equipment Factory, has been unlawfully abducted and sent to the Hengshui Brainwashing Center.
Telephone numbers of those individuals responsible for this incident:
Wang Fengyi, Director of the Zaoqiang County Security Equipment Factory: 86-318-8238123 (office), 86-318-8224520 (home), 86-13903181528 (cellular).
Ji Lijian, Deputy Director of the Hengshui City "610 Office": 86-318-2022518 (home), 86-13091189809 (cellular).