(Clearwisdom.net) On November 25, 2003, Shulan City mobilized many policemen to ambush and abduct Dafa practitioners. As of now, two truth clarification material sites that have been destroyed and four practitioners arrested. They are Ms. Song Yanqun, Ms. Song Bin, Mr. Fu Hongwei and Mr. Zhao Jingyan. Currently, the policemen are still waiting in their residences to arrest fellow practitioners who might contact them.

According to people who know the facts of this case, the Shulan City Police Department hired two ruffians from Jilin City to torture those 4 practitioners. They beat the practitioners badly, hung them up and used other brutal tortures. They shocked Mr. Fu Hongwei with high voltage electric batons, causing his face to be disfigured and his nose and mouth to bleed. As a result of the torture, Mr. Fu was unable to walk when he was sent to the detention center and had to be dragged to the police vehicle.

Ms. Song Yanqun and Song Bin, two sisters, were tortured on the so-called Tiger Bench [Practitioners are forced to sit on a small iron bench that is approximately 20 cm tall with their knees tied together. With their hands tied behind their backs or sometimes placed on their knees, they are forced to sit straight up and look straight ahead. They are not allowed to turn their heads, close their eyes, talk to anyone or move at all. Several inmates are assigned to watch over the practitioners and force themáto remain motionless while sitting on the bench. Usually some hard objects are inserted underneath the practitioners' lower legs or ankles to make it harder for them to tolerate this abuse. See illustration on http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2001/11/24/16156.html. ] They were also hung up with their hands cuffed behind with one arm over the shoulder and the other arm twisted behind the back. The two sisters were also pushed to the ground and forced to drink two bottles of a thick chili pepper mixture. The ruffians forcibly poured the chili mixture into their noses and mouths, almost causing them to suffocate to death. Due to this treatment, Ms. Song Bin's nose was swollen and bleeding. Ms. Song Yanqun, the older sister, suffered a severe injury to her mouth. Moreover, the police are still interrogating and torturing them every day. The two practitioners are on a hunger strike to protest their maltreatment.

While destroying the material sites, the policemen stole about 10,000 yuan personal cash [500 yuan is the average monthly income for an urban worker in China.] two computers, two laser printers, one inkjet printer, four cellular phones, one removable hard disk, 2 MP3 drivers, one scanner, two pagers, and other 2,000 yuan worth of materials. The total value is about 25,000 yuan.

According to eyewitnesses, the police broke into the room, grabbed the Song sisters by their throats and flung them onto a bed, then sealed their mouths with tape. The neighbors who witnessed this crime asked the police what they were doing. The police did not dare tell them the truth so they told them lies, saying that they were arresting the women for illegally working in hotels and restaurants.

The people who directly involved in the persecution are:

Xin He, the deputy chief of Shulan City Police Department, Phone number: 86-432-8218390, 86-432-8227199, 86-13904440778 (cell)

Wang Tingbai, Li Jiazhe (Department of Legal System), and Guo Wei