The Correct State of Mind for Fa-Rectification Cultivation
(Clearwisdom.net) Before I became a practitioner, I always tried to be humble and patient. I respected others while maintaining my dignity. Now that I am a Dafa practitioner, the standard is higher. Master said in Teaching and Explaining the Fa at the Metropolitan New York Fa Conference,á
"Your path is, and I think you've all seen this now, actually very narrow. If you deviate just a little bit you won't measure up to the standard of a Dafa disciple. There's only one very righteous path we can walk on, and we can't deviate even just a little bit, because this is required by history, and required by the lives of sentient beings in the future cosmos."
In Fa-rectification cultivation, I believe we must fundamentally change our human notions, get rid of all human attachments and apply these principles in everyday life. The following are guidelines for the behavior and attitude of practitioners who strive to meet the "basic requirements" of Fa-rectification cultivation:
- When we clarify the truth and save sentient beings, we should have great compassion that is so powerful that it can even melt steel.
- We should treat all people, including fellow practitioners, with the same compassionate heart. We should not have any preferences nor should we discriminate.
- When we do well, we should not be overly excited or show off.
- When we don't do well, we should focus on lessons learned and move on with no self-doubt.
- When others do well, we should not be jealous. We should always see merit in fellow practitioners. We should look inward to find where we can further improve.
- When facing criticism from fellow practitioners, if the criticism is not accurate, we can clarify the facts. But we should do it patiently.
- In everything we do, we should do it as Dafa disciples. We should never develop a 'completing-a-chore' mentality of everyday people.
- We should never let anything move us to an everyday person's mentality. This includes helping family members suffering from tribulations with attachments instead of our cultivated compassion. We should help people from the most fundamental level, based on Fa-rectification principles.
- When facing the evil, we should remain calm.
Being able to meet these requirements comes from our solid belief in our Teacher and the Fa.