(Clearwisdom.net) During the persecution of Falun Gong in China, people from the Xiangcheng Detention Center and Xiangcheng Public Security Bureau have inhumanely treated Falun Dafa practitioners who were illegally sent to and detained indefinitely at the forced labor camps. They extort huge amounts of money from practitioners and brutally torture them with various devices.

Under the Jiang regime's implication policy, the Party Secretary Wang Xiaoran of Xiangcheng City was demoted and fined several thousand Yuan [the average monthly salary of an urban worker in China is 500 Yuan] because practitioners of Xinagcheng went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Dafa. As a result, he became very angry with Falun Dafa practitioners and was eager for revenge. Wang Xiaoran detained practitioners endlessly and claimed that nobody would be released from detention without paying 70,000 Yuan. Even after the detention center agreed to release some practitioners, he still kept them. Zhou Qingwu, from the Public Security Bureau, is in charge of examining and approving of releases, and makes the final decision. Some practitioners have still not been released after long-term detention, including two who have been detained for over three years, and fourteen detained for over two years.

The Xiangcheng Detention Center and Xiangcheng Public Security Bureau take extreme measures to torture Falun Dafa practitioners, including brutal beatings with fists and kicking, whipping with leather belts and heavy wire, sleep deprivation, hand cuffing in painful positions, forced kneeling on wooden sticks and bricks, bondage to beds and doors, throwing practitioners from high places, force-feedings with psychotropics and strong salty water, piercing finger tips and toes with tooth picks, hitting knees with boards, stepping on practitioners' faces with heavy boots, burning their faces with cigarettes, burning the arches of their feet, extended exposure to scorching sun, forced labor, and more.

In order to meet recent inspection requirements, the Xiangcheng Detention Center disguised detained practitioners' records by transferring them to different locations after completion of their terms. Ms. Liu Jinfang, Ms. Wei Suying, Ms. Guo Xinmei, and Ms. Tian Weimei were sent to Huaiyang Detention Center for illegal detention. They were detained in the Xiangcheng Detention Center for a long time after being sentenced, but were refused by the prison due to health problems discovered upon medical examination.

Ms. Tian Shuhua was transferred to the Shibalihe Forced Labor Camp for a one-year term after completing one year of illegal detention in Xiangcheng City. During detention and forced labor, she was beaten and tortured many times by prison guards and criminal prisoners. After completion of the forced labor term, her family members went to retrieve her. She could not see or walk, and was completely unable to take care of herself. Several days after her return home, police from the suburban police substation and the Public Security Bureau arrested her again and detained her at the Xiangcheng Detention Center for over two months. With pressure from family members, she was released in early April 2003, only to be illegally arrested again two weeks later.

Practitioner Wang Jun was sentenced to two and a half years in a forced labor camp for going to Beijing to appeal for Falun Dafa in 1999. He had been on a hunger strike, protesting the illegal detention. Even under the pressure of heavy forced labor he held onto his belief. Upon completion of his term, his stay was extended half a year for no reason. In October 2002, after completing the illegal extension of forced labor "reeducation," Kaifeng Forced Labor Camp and the "610 Office"* in Xiangcheng City transferred him directly from the labor camp to the Xiangcheng Detention Center, where he was tortured by various means. Seeing his unshakable belief in Dafa, the "610 Office" in Xiangcheng City once again detained him in the Xuchang Forced Labor Camp for no reason and without any legal procedures.

Ms. Liu Jinfang was illegally arrested at a Dafa materials site on October 15, 2001, and has been detained ever since. During a night-time interrogation at the Lianhua Hotel, police cuffed her hands behind her back, whipped her with leather belts, pierced her middle finger with bamboo needles, and burned her face with cigarette butts. She fainted several times under this extreme torture, but police revived her by repeatedly pouring cold water on her body. When she requested to use the bathroom, she was refused. By dawn the next day, she was nearly dead. Afraid of being held accountable, the police found a doctor to save her, claiming she was hit by a falling tree.

Phone number of relevant people:
Wang Xiaoran, Party Secretary of Xiangcheng City
Huang Tongqiang, head of the "610 Office" in Xiangcheng City: 86-13938084966 (cell)
Zhou Qingwu, from the Public Security Bureau: 86-394-4295158 (office)
Ma Zhefeng, director of the National Security Bureau, 86-13707628899 (cell), 86-394-4321316 (office)
Jin Hai, team head of the National Security Bureau, 86-394-4319306 (office)
Bai Yao, a policeman from the National Security Bureau, 86-394-4324756 (office)
Liu Xianzhong, whose position is unknown, 86-394-4318996 (home), 86-13033960089 (cell)

* "610 Office" is an agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political and judiciary systems.