(Clearwisdon.net) Because Ms. Cui Yulan from Langfang City, Hebei Province, would not renounce her belief in Falun Dafa, she was illegally sent to the Kaiping Forced Labor Camp, Tangshan City in October 2000. During the spring of 2001, the labor camp phoned her family to come and take her home. The family members who went only saw her ashes in a box. The forced labor camp police would not divulge the time and cause of death in order to cover up the evidence of her torture. This is why they cremated her body without notifying her family.

In September 2000, the chief of Number One Langfang City Public Security Department, Hebei Province, Yang Hua (female, aged about thirty years) ordered male policeman Yan Zhen and another policeman with the surname of Feng to arrest Cui Yulan from her home in Langfang City, Hebei Province. When they could not find any evidence to give them legal cause for the arrest, the officers illegally detained Cui Yulan against her will, at the Xianhe County, Hebei Province detention center for a month. Prior to this they had also searched her home in August. Yang Hua has repeatedly been involved in persecuting Dafa practitioners.

Cui Yulan was steadfast in her belief in Falun Dafa and was illegally sentenced to forced labor for a year by the police. On October 12, she was transferred from the Xianghe Detention Center to the Kaiping Forced Labor Camp in Tangshan. While at the forced labor camp, Cui Yulan was extremely steadfast, and together with another Dafa practitioner over 60 years of age, went on a hunger strike. She was sent to and detained at the ninth class, and was eating very little. It is not known what drugs were added to her food. After they ate the food, Cui Yulan and others began to suffer from diarrhea. Later details are not known.

In the spring of 2001, the Kaiping Forced Labor Camp telephoned the family to come and take Cui Yulan home. When the family went, they only saw the box of her ashes and the clothes and blanket that were being returned. They were not told how long ago she had died or the circumstances of her death. The prison police were afraid that details about their responsibility in her death would be exposed, so they secretly cremated her body without notifying her family. Later, someone asked: "How did Cui Yulan die?" The police squad leader of the third team at Kaiping Forced Labor Camp with the surname of Zhou lied, saying that Cui had already been released home.

Cui Yulan's husband, Ma Tengshan, an engineer, who was afraid of being implicated and receiving retaliation from the authorities, was afraid to divulge the cause of Cui Yulan's death. The circumstances surrounding Cui Yulan's death were revealed by inside sources several months later.