Torture of Falun Dafa Practitioners is Called "Group Training" at Wanjia Forced Labor Camp
December 2, 2003
(Clearwisdom.net) Harbin City's Wanjia Forced Labor Camp currently detains close to 300 Falun Dafa practitioners. From the time when the "Group Training Team" was formed in July 25, 2002 until May 2003, the torture methods used on practitioners were exceptionally cruel.
1. Squatting Punishment: A method to force practitioners to write the Three Statements [Practitioners are coerced under brainwashing and torture to write these as proof that they have given up their belief. Created by the "610 Office," the three statements consist of a letter of repentance, a guarantee to never again practice Falun Gong, and a list of names and addresses of all family members, friends and acquaintances who are practitioners.] If they refuse to write it, they are forced to place both of their hands behind their backs and squat down from 5 am to 9 pm. They have to squat down for approximately 14 hours per day. The food is brought to the room, as they are not permitted to leave that room. Some practitioners have to squat for 3 days, some 5 days, 9 days, and 11 days, and so on. Afterwards, they are unable to walk.
2. Sitting on steel chairs: Practitioners' feet and hands are cuffed to a steel chair all day and night long. Someone will hold the bowl while they eat and afterwards they will be cuffed again.
3. Sitting punishment: practitioners are forced to answer questions on an examination test paper over ten times to determine whether they have retained or renounced their belief in Falun Dafa. All those who still continue to retain their belief in Falun Dafa are forced to sit and some are forced to squat as punishment. Those who were unlawfully jailed for almost two years (some practitioners have been jailed past their release dates for an additional 2 months, 3 months and even 142 days) such as practitioners Sun Rui, Zhang Suqing, Lv Shiping, Zhou Hua, Lv Huiwen, Sun Lizhi were subjected to the sitting punishment for 38 days; Wang Yuhua and Wang Shurong were forced to sit for 28 days. They had to sit from 5 am to midnight, for 19 hours. Some practitioners who used the examination sheet to clarify the truth about Falun Dafa or recorded positive answers to affirm their belief were also punished by being forced to sit for more than 18 hours a day (until 11pm). The authorities only allowed practitioners to go to the toilet at 5 am and 8 pm, which resulted in four practitioners being unable to hold their bladder and wetting their pants.
4. Hanging up: On February 17, 2003, as a result of writing that they would continue to practice Falun Dafa, Zhou Hua, Lu Huiwen, Li Wenjun, Wang Shurong, Sun Lizhi were tortured by being hung up. Section Chief Zhao Yuqing ordered criminal Wang Ming to cuff Zhou Hua and Li Wenjun and hang them on either side of a bunk bed with only the tip of their toes touching the floor.
5. Electric batons: Zhao Yuqing used an electric baton to electrically shock Qu Fengying, to force her into writing the Three Statements to renounce her belief in Falun Dafa. Custodian Tao Fuchang said at a conference, "Now there is a quota for the number of deaths of Falun Gong practitioners." Zhao Yuqing said at another team meeting, "If you don't wish to listen, we will arrange a few deep lessons. The labour camp has more than 200 torture devices."
6. After practitioners Chen Yali, Xu Lihua and Pan Yuehua from the 7th team were released, they were arrested again in 2002. They continue to be tortured at the Wanjia forced labor camp. The police tried to force practitioner Pan to put his finger-print on the Three Statements document against his will. When Pan refused, they grabbed his hands and forced his finger-print onto the paper.
When 26 year old Dai Rui clarified the truth about Falun Dafa during an inspection, Zhao Yuqing ordered her to squat for three days until she could no longer walk. Now she has to hold onto the banister when walking.