Latest News from China - November 30, 2003
- [Hubei Province] The "610 Office" Has Dafa Practitioner Ms. Ye Chunfeng from the Hubei Province Under Siege Around the Clock
- [Jinzhou, Liaoning Province] Dafa Practitioner Ms. Liu Shudong from Liaoning Province Is Currently Locked in a "Small Cell"
- [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Dalian City Prison Coerces Dafa Practitioners to Write "Guarantees" to Renounce Falun Gong
- 4. [Miyi City, Sichuan Province] Five Dafa Practitioners Illegally Detained in Miyi Detention Center Given Illegal Sentences
- [Shenyang City, Liaoning Province] The New Secretary of the Political and Legal Committee in Dongling District, Shenyang City Escalates the Persecution against Dafa Practitioners
- [Hulu Island City, Liaoning Province] Liaoning Dafa Practitioner Ms. Yu Min is Abducted from her Home
- [Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province] Guangzhou City Dafa Practitioner Ms. Chen Hongchun is Detained Illegally
- [Qiqihar City, Heilongjiang Province] Leaders of the Sunshine and Heat Group Continue to Persecute Dafa Practitioners
- [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] The Police are Stalking Dafa Practitioners Accessing the Internet through Internet Cafes in Wuhan City
- [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Police Officer Mr. Tong Xiaohong Does Not Dare to Admit Having Abducting Dafa Practitioner Ms. Huang Yongmei
1. [Hubei Province] The "610 Office" Has Dafa Practitioner Ms. Ye Chunfeng from the Hubei Province Under Siege Around the Clock
Ms. Ye Chunfeng was an employee at the Finance and Trade Hospital (Xinhua Hospital) in Hubei Province. She was previously afflicted with multiple terminal illnesses, but through cultivation in Falun Dafa they all disappeared without a trace. Because Ms. Ye has persisted in practicing Falun Dafa throughout the persecution, a fully armored police force in Hubei Province abducted her and took her to a detention center. Ms. Ye was then illegally sentenced to serve time in a forced labor camp. Recently, Ms. Ye finished her term at the forced labor camp. Shortly after she returned home on November 27, 2003, the staff from the local "610 Office" and her area's Neighborhood AdministrationáCommittee attempted to force her to go to the forced brainwashing center. Although they did not succeed because of Ms. Ye's persistent resistance, they arranged for a large number of staff members to form a siege outside her home, where they monitor her under 24-hour surveillance. [Note: The amount of manpower and resources dedicated to persecuting one single Falun Gong practitioner gives one an idea how much taxpayer's money and national resources Jiang Zemin has wasted on persecuting Falun Gong.]
2. [Jinzhou, Liaoning Province] Dafa Practitioner Ms. Liu Shudong from Liaoning Province Is Currently Locked in a "Small Cell"
Ms. Liu Shudong is a 51-year-old Dafa practitioner who lives in apartment No. 45 in the third building in the eastern section of Jiefang Road, Jjinzhou, Liaoning Province. She was once a teacher at the Jinzhou Physical Education School in Liaoning Province. On August 8, 2002, the police abducted Ms. Liu while she was posting truth-clarification flyers on the street, and illegally sentenced her to two years in a forced labor camp. Ms. Liu is currently locked up in the first branch of the first squadron at the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp. Due to her steadfast belief in Falun Dafa, Ms. Liu refused to renounce Falun Gong and has been subject to escalated tortures. At the time of this report, Ms. Liu was locked up in a dark and damp "Small Cell" with a low ceiling. Her family took the train to Masanjia several times to ask for a visit, but each time their request was denied.
[Note: Locking up in a "Small Cell" refers to a situation where the detainee is locked up in a very small cell individually. The guards handcuff practitioners on their back in a fixed position, in which the practitioners can neither move nor lie down. The small cell is very damp and no sunshine comes in. Detainees have to urinate and defecate in the cell. Only half of a regular meal is served to detainees locked up in a small cell during the daytime. During the night there are rats running around. The stench in the small cell is so bad that it is difficult to breathe. The guards would often savagely torture Falun Gong practitioners in a small cell in order to avoid any eyewitnesses of their crimes.]
3. [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Dalian City Prison Coerces Dafa Practitioners to Write "Guarantees" to Renounce Falun Gong
The Dalian Prison in Liaoning Province is now denying Dafa practitioners of sleep, food, and water in order to make them write "guarantees" to renounce Falun Gong. As of the time of this report, two police officers, Mr. Zhang and Mr. Liu, have taken turns watching Dafa practitioner Mr. Wang Dawei around the clock for six days and six nights. Although Mr. Wang is extremely frail and has become a sack of bones, the two policemen do not have any mercy on him. Mr. Qu Bin is another Dafa practitioner suffering from the same torture right now at Dalian City Prison.
4. [Miyi City, Sichuan Province] Five Dafa Practitioners Illegally Detained in Miyi Detention Center Are Given Illegal Sentences
Five Dafa practitioners illegally detained in Miyi Detention Center in Sichuan Province have been illegally sentenced to serve time in prison. Mr. Zhu Zhaojie was given 9 years in prison; Mr. Zhu Mingchun, 8 years; Mr. Liu Kunwu, 9 1/2 years; Mr. Que Faxiu, 8 years; and Mr. Guo Guangxiu, 7 years. The police are preparing to transfer them secretly to prison on Monday, December 1, 2003.
5. [Shenyang City, Liaoning Province] The New Secretary of the Political and Legal Committee in Dongling District, Shenyang City Escalates the Persecution against Dafa Practitioners
The new Secretary of the Political and Legal Committee in Dongling District, Shenyang City, Liaoning Province has organized a special police force to hunt for the twenty most wanted Dafa practitioners on the Liaoning police web site. So far nine of the twenty Dafa practitioners have been abducted. In order to increase the number of accomplishments for his political career, the new Secretary is now plotting to form new forced brainwashing centers in the Agriculture College of Shenyang City.
6. [Hulu Island City, Liaoning Province] Liaoning Dafa Practitioner Ms. Yu Min is Abducted from her Home
At 9:00 a.m. on November 27, 2003, police officers from the Lianshan District Branch of Public Security Bureau in Hulu Island City, Liaoning Province, as well as the Xing'gong Police Station, ransacked Dafa practitioner Ms. Yu Min's home, confiscated her Dafa books and materials, and abducted her, and took her to the Shenyang City Detention Center.
People involved in the persecution against Ms. Yu Min:
Lianshan District's Public Security Bureau
Head of the bureau, Mr. Yang Yaowei:
86-429-2161999 (O); 86-429-3113789 (H); 86-1394290999 (C)
Secretary of the Political and Legal Committee, Mr. Zhang Naiping:
86-429-2160507 (O); 6-429-3120813 (H); 86-1309282813 (C)
Lianshan District's State Security Squadron
Captain, Mr. Zhang Junsheng:
86-429-2160442 (O); 86-429-3128366 (H); 86-13704291651 (C)
Disciplinary staff, Mr. Yu Guiqiu:
86-429-2160442 (O); 86-429-2125982 (H); 86-13904290368 (C)
Lianshan District Police Station
Head of the station, Mr. Liu Jianguo:
86-429-2950631 (O); 86-429-2153833 (H); 86-13998958880 (C)
Hulu Island Detention Center
7. [Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province] Guangzhou City Dafa Practitioner Ms. Chen Hongchun is Detained Illegally
Ms. Chen Hongchun is a Dafa practitioner in the Haizhu District of Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province. In early July 2003, local police lured Ms. Chen Hongchun to the police station using lies, and detained her there. The local police then proceeded to ransack her home, where they found 10 VCDs and some Dafa books. Our sources indicate that Ms. Chen has been illegally sentenced to serve time in a forced labor camp.
8. [Qiqihar City, Heilongjiang Province] Leaders of the Yang--Guang-Re-Li Group Continue to Persecute Dafa Practitioners
The Secretary of the Disciplinary Committee, Mr. Zhao Weijian, and Secretary Mr. Wang Huanqun, of the Yang Guang Re Li Group repeatedly persecute Dafa practitioners in Qiqihar City. Although Dafa practitioners have tried to clarify the truth about Falun Gong and the persecution against Falun Gong to them, they have never stopped their persecution of Dafa practitioners. They have sent two Dafa practitioners into forced labor camps, and for the past four years they have been harassing Dafa practitioner Mr. Ma Long. These days they are attempting to coerce Mr. Ma Long into renouncing Falun Dafa in a "guarantee."
Mr. Zhao Weijian:
86-13079617611 (C); 86-452-2437710 (H); 86-452-2455161 Ext 5109 (O)
Mr. Wang Huanqun:
86-13946280758 (C); 86-452-2429558 (H); 86-452-2455161 Ext 5111 (O)
9. [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] The Police are Stalking Dafa Practitioners Accessing the Internet through Internet Cafes in Wuhan City
We have received evidence that Wuhan City police officers are now stalking Dafa practitioners accessing the Internet through Internet cafes in the Wuchang area of Wuhan City, Hubei Province.
10. [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Police Officer Mr. Tong Xiaohong Does Not Dare to Admit Having Abducting Dafa Practitioner Ms. Huang Yongmei
On the morning of November 4, 2003, police officer Mr. Tong Xiaohong from Hanzhong Street Police Station in Shiqiaokou District, Wuhan City, Hubei Province abducted Dafa practitioner Ms. Huang Yongmei while she was shopping on the street, and took her to the Etou Bay Forced Brainwashing Center in Shiqiaokou District. Afterwards, Ms. Huang Yongmei's husband demanded to know her whereabouts and requested her immediate release, but Tong Xiaohong's guilt caused him to act apprehensively and he didn't dare to admit his crime.