Latest News from China - 10/27/2003
- [Jilin Province] The "610 Office" Enforcers Start a New Round of Persecution
- [Jilin City, Jilin Province] Dafa Practitioner Mr. Liu Zhaojian is Relentlessly Tortured at the Jilin City Prison
- [Nanyang City, Henan Province] Dafa Practitioner Ms. Wang Chenglin is Sentenced to Four Years of Imprisonment
- [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Dafa Practitioners Ding Luuliang and Zhu Chunlan are Arrested
- [Beijing] Arrest of Practitioner Yu Shuqin
- [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Dafa Practitioners Yao Hui and Zhang Yi are Arrested
- [Guizhou Province] Dafa Practitioners' Righteous Thoughts and Righteous Actions
- [Chaoyang City, Liaoning Province] Officials from Shuangta District "610 Office" Openly Extort Money from Dafa Practitioners' families
- [Hunan Province] Law-Breaking Officials of Ningxiang County Frequently Hold Brainwashing Classes
- [Shandong Province] Policemen in the Rizhuang Town Police Precinct Persecute Dafa Practitioners
- [Qingdao City, Shandong Province] Facts of How the City's "610 Office" Persecutes Dafa Practitioners
- [Shenyang City, Liaoning Province] The City Publishes a Primary School Textbook That Slanders Dafa
[Jilin Province] The "610 Office" Enforcers Start a New Round of Persecution
Jilin Province's "610 Office"* ordered every city and county level "610 Office", as well as "610 Office" personnel in every work unit, to carry out yet another act that is against Chinese law, prior to October 18, 2003. They are to forcibly bring more than 20 Dafa practitioners with higher education degrees from their working positions to a brainwashing class in Changchun City's Development District. They were to intensively brainwash these practitioners in a closely monitored environment. The brainwashing class was to last one month.
* "610 Office" is an agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political and judiciary systems.
[Jilin City, Jilin Province] Dafa Practitioner Mr. Liu Zhaojian is Relentlessly Tortured at the Jilin City Prison
Dafa practitioner Mr. Liu Zhaojian, 34, is an employee of Wangou Town's Local Tax Bureau in Jiangyuan County, Baijiang City, Jilin Province. He began his Falun Dafa cultivation in 1997. In 2000, because he refused to give up his belief, he was sentenced to forced labor. After being released in January 2001, he was arrested again when he hung up truth-clarifying banners with other practitioners. He was illegally detained at Baishan City Detention Center, where he suffered torture such as beatings, long-term electric shock abuse, being put in handcuffs and shackles, being hung up by the handcuffs, force-feeding with rubber tubes, and being locked up on an excruciatingly painful bed reserved for felons. He could not take care of himself due to the inhumane torture. In spite of this, he was still sentenced to six years of imprisonment in Jilin City's Prison. For fear of being responsible for Liu's possible death, the prison wanted to bail him out for hospitalization, but Baishan City "610 Office" perpetrators did not permit this. Liu is continuously undergoing torture in the prison. Though he is extremely weak, police still locked him to a bed with handcuffs for several days. At present, he is still held in a "strict administrative" cell and is suffering excruciating torture.
[Nanyang City, Henan Province] Dafa Practitioner Ms. Wang Chenglin is Sentenced to Four Years of Imprisonment
Ms. Wang Chenglin from Fangcheng County, Nanyang City, Henan Province was reported to police when she sent one of Master's articles to fellow practitioners. Fangcheng County Police Department officials arrested and sentenced her to four years of imprisonment. She has been sent to Xinxiang City's Female Prison for further persecution.
[Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Dafa Practitioners Ding Luuliang and Zhu Chunlan are Arrested
In the morning of October 17, 2003, Xinzhou District "610 Office" personnel in Wuhan City arrested Mr. Ding Luuliang, a practitioner from Shandian Town who was attending a class. His whereabouts are unknown.
Practitioner Ms. Zhu Chunlan, in her 40's, is a resident in Fenghuang Town, Xinzhou District of Wuhan City. "610 Office" personnel illegally arrested her when she was harvesting crops in the field. Her whereabouts are unknown.
[Beijing] Arrest of Practitioner Yu Shuqin
On September 19, 2003, Ms. Yu Shuqin, a practitioner from Liuyin Street, Xicheng District of Beijing City, asked her resident committee to erase the Dafa-slandering content from the committee's exhibition board when she saw it. But after local police learned of the incident, they forcibly abducted her from home, an act that is against Chinese law, and claimed she would return after a while. She has not been back since then and her whereabouts are not known.
[Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Dafa Practitioners Yao Hui and Zhang Yi are Arrested
1. During the night of May 3, 2003, policemen from the Communication Control Team of the Wuhan City Police Department arrested Dafa practitioner Ms. Yao Hui. She is detained at the city's No. 1 Detention Center.
2. Prior to the National Holiday of October 1, in collusion with people from the Yongqing Street Police Precinct, the Yongqing Street Administrative Office in the Jiang'an District of Wuhan City arrested Zhang Yi in front of many people when she was shopping at a vegetable market. This unlawful incident made many people who witnessed the arrest angry. The policemen shamefully explained to the bystanders, "We have a quota to arrest Falun Gong practitioners," a completely illegal act, perpetrated by police who defied Chinese law. Zhang Yi did not cooperate with the arrest. The policemen then called someone on their cellular phone. After a while, the residential committee supervisor of Zhang Yi's residential area arrived and told Zhang Yi, "Let's go shopping." Afterwards, they put Zhang Yi into a police car and sent her into a brainwashing class, another act defying Chinese law. They deceived Zhang Yi's family, saying that Zhang Yi would be released on October 8, but no one has heard any information about Zhang Yi so far.
[Guizhou Province] Dafa Practitioners' Righteous Thoughts and Righteous Actions
Some Dafa practitioners from Guizhou Province directly faced people to clarify the truth. They tell the public about the persecution against Falun Dafa in an open and dignified manner. Many people express their sympathy and understanding, as well as their appreciation to Dafa practitioners. The situation is getting better and better. We hope that those practitioners who haven't stepped forward to clarify the truth will cherish this most precious opportunity.
[Chaoyang City, Liaoning Province] Officials from Shuangta District "610 Office" Openly Extort Money from Dafa Practitioners' families
Recently Bai Wenyou, head of the Shuangta District "610 Office" in Chaoyang City, Liaoning Province, ordered four policemen including Hou Wen, Wang Gang, and Bao to go to a Dafa practitioner's home. They attempted to arrest this Dafa practitioner, but the practitioner's husband locked the door. The practitioner then sent forth righteous thoughts inside the house. These lawless policemen threatened her husband and tried to extort money from him. They shamelessly said, "We cannot go back with nothing. We are now short of money and you must give us some. If we went to another place, we would get more. Giving us 1,000 Yuan* now will be okay." Another Dafa practitioner observed what happened and informed other Dafa practitioners, telling them to send out righteous thoughts to help the first practitioner. With the practitioners' strong righteous thoughts, the policemen gave up for the time being, and the practitioner's husband refused to give them a penny. The policemen said, "You have to send us money later. Not 1,000 Yuan, but 2,000 Yuan." Then the policemen left.
Bai Wenyou's cell phone: 86-13082208632; home phone: 86-421-2815161.
* Yuan is the Chinese currency. The average monthly salary of an urban worker in China is 500 Yuan.
[Hunan Province] Law-Breaking Officials of Ningxiang County Frequently Hold Brainwashing Classes
[Shandong Province] Policemen in the Rizhuang Town Police Precinct Persecute Dafa Practitioners
1. During the morning of July 23, 2003, policemen from the Rizhuang Town Police Precinct broke into Dafa practitioner Mr. Li Chengjun's home in Dishang Village. They searched his house, and confiscated a recorder and all of his Dafa materials. They arrested Li Chengjun and took him to the police precinct. Later they went back to arrest Ms. Cheng Shufang, Mr. Li Chengjun's wife. They climbed over the yard wall and kicked the door open. They found nobody in the house but met Ms. Cheng Shufang at the yard door as they left. They immediately arrested her and took her to the police precinct. Later, they sent Mr. Li Chengjun to Laixi City and detained him for ten days. While in detention, policemen forced Li Chengjun to call his family and tell them that the reason he was detained was not because of practicing Falun Gong, but for breaking traffic law. They even extorted 190 Yuan, saying it was the "phone fee."
2. During the afternoon of August 5, 2003, Rizhuang Town Police Precinct policemen went to Dishang Village to arrest Dafa practitioner Mr. Li Dewei. No one was at home at the time, and the door was locked. They waited outside until it was dark and then left. The next day, as soon as it was dawn, they again went to Li Dewei's home. When they saw the door was still locked, they climbed over the yard wall to see whether there was anyone at home. They saw no one.
Later they went to arrest another Dafa practitioner, Ms. Bing Meifang. Without a search warrant or permission to enter, they broke into the house to search for Bing Meifang. They didn't leave till they were sure the person they wanted was not at home.
[Qingdao City, Shandong Province] Facts of How the City's "610 Office" Persecutes Dafa Practitioners
1. On July 26, Dafa practitioner Guo Shiyong from Liujiayao Village in Wubei Town Qingdao City, Shandong Province was illegally arrested from home and was sent to Qingdao City's brainwashing class for persecution.
2. At about 6:00 a.m. on July 29, Dafa practitioners Mr. Zhan Jiangcheng and Mr. Zhan Xuelin from Xiangu Village in Wubei Town were arrested at the same time. They were sent to the Qingdao City Brainwashing Class for persecution.
Address of the brainwashing class: 4 Mingxia Road, Qingdao City, Shandong Province, China.
One of persons responsible for the persecution: Peng Guanghai, in charge of persecuting Dafa practitioners, from Yunshan Town's Party Committee, cell phone: 86-13963971786.
[Shenyang City, Liaoning Province] The City Publishes a Primary School Textbook That Slanders Dafa
Primary Student Subject Education Chrestomathy, [a study of literary passages] published by the Liao Hai Publishing Company and the Liaoning Electronic Publishing Company in Liaoyang City, Liaoning Province, is a textbook for pupils in grades five and six in Liaoning Province. Each pupil studies this book. One-third of the content in the fifth part of the book slanders Falun Dafa. The chief editor is Tao Xiuwei, also the associate dean for Shenyang Normal School and associate director for Liaoning Province's Basic Education Training Center. The editor of the fifth part is Shi Xianyi (retired).
Tao Xiuwei's office phone: 86-24-86592992
Shi Xianyi's home phone: 86-24-86906541
October 26, 2003