Ms. Ge Yanwen, 36, was a Dafa practitioner working at the 2nd Shijiazhuang Chemical Factory in Hebei Province. She had received a college level education. Since July 20, 1999 when the persecution of Falun Gong started, she had been abducted and detained numerous times. She and her husband were forced to leave their home to avoid persecution. Deputies from the Tangu police station and local affairs office abducted Yanwen from her mother's home on October 22, 2003. Yanwen's whereabouts are unknown at this time.

Yanwen's husband, Ding Lihong, 36, was a locomotive operator at the Shijiazhuang Railroad Yard. They lived at the Jianming Residential District in Shijiazhuang City. He had gone to Beijing four times to appeal against the persecution of Falun Gong and suffered numerous detentions. Their home was also repeatedly ransacked. He was abducted by the Huaizhong Street police near the end of August 2001. After 28 days of a hunger strike he was released, but was forced to leave home. During the Chinese New Year holidays in 2002 (around February 12, 2002) the Public Security Bureau coerced Shijiazhuang Railroad Yard to abduct Ding Lihong to the Hebei Provincial Capital Brainwashing Center (Officially named "Hebei Provincial Capital Judiciary System Education and Training Center"). He endured endless torture in the center. He was deprived of sleep for more than a month. He was often force-fed with a high concentration salt brine and alcohol. He was often beaten. Finally, with his unwavering faith in Teacher he miraculously escaped from the brainwashing class, and went to Shanxi Province. He was arrested again in October 2002 and taken to the Wanbailin police station in Taiyuan City, Shanxi Province. Later he was transferred to the 4th Detention Center and the 109 Hospital in Taiyuan City. He went on a hunger strike for 15 days. The guards coerced inmates to force-feed him by tying him to the "Dead man's bed" (a torture in which a special bed is used to tie up practitioners). He was tortured to death in the middle of November 2002.

From the time Ding Lihong was detained to his final moment near death, the police in Shanxi Province never released any information about him to his family and relatives. About one month after his death, his parents were notified to go to Shanxi Province to verify and claim his body. The police forcibly cremated the body locally in Shanxi Province. His family brought the urn containing Lihong's ashes back to Shijiazhuang around December 20, 2002.

Within a year of his death, his wife was abducted. Now only the elderly parents and their children are left behind and without anyone to care for them. The Jiang regime has destroyed another peaceful and loving family.

The guilty parties:

Changan Public Security Bureau Office in Shijiazhuang City
15 Tannan Street, Shijiazhuang City.
Bureau Chief Office: 86-311-7026911 x3451
Bureau Secretary Office: 86-311-7026911 x3452
Vice Chief office: 86-311-6060819, 86-311-6676224, 86-311-6676214
Director of the Superintendent Office: 86-311-6041138
Changan District 610 office, Changan PSB Political Security Brigade: 86-311-6212954, 86-311-6677321

Tangu police station:
Yaojin East Road, Shijiazhuang City
Station Chief: 86-311-5052085