(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Liu Congmei, over 50 years old, is a Falun Dafa practitioner from Gaoqing County, Shandong Province. She was illegally detained for 8 months at the Shandong Women's Forced Labour Camp for appealing for Falun Dafa. Later, because she persisted in appealing for Falun Dafa, she was sent to the No. Three Mental Hospital in Bingzhou City, Shandong Province. She has not been released.

Liu Congmei obtained the Fa and began to practice Falun Dafa in 1999, and as a result her gynocogical diseases were cured without seeking medical treatment. On July 20, 1999 Jiang started the persecution of Falun Dafa. Policemen from the local police sub-station used force to prohibit people from practicing Falun Dafa. They confiscated cassette recorders and tapes that Dafa practitioners used to practice the exercises. This was hard for Liu Congmei to understand and accept, as she had benefited so much from practicing the exercises. She said to the policemen, "I practice the exercises to keep fit and be free of illnesses. I only want to be a good person and have no intention of being against the government. Why are we not allowed to practice any more?" She went to Beijing to appeal in accordance with the law; however she was arrested and taken to the Shandong Provincial Women's Forced Labour Camp with several hundred others.

In the forced labour camp, Liu Congmei spoke the truth by saying, "Our Teacher teaches us to practice the exercises and be a good person. What's wrong with that? We are all innocent and our Teacher is innocent." As a result, the policemen handcuffed her into the shape of a cross and beat her badly. Her face and head became swollen and her mouth started bleeding. Another practitioner was injected with nerve damaging drugs because she did not give up the practice of Falun Dafa. This practitioner was once a healthy person but now her eyes and mouth are crooked and she drools all the time.

Liu Congmei was illegally held at the Shandong Women's Forced Labour Camp for 8 months. During that period, she and other practitioners were forced to work more than ten hours a day. She was released after 8 month of suffering. Returning back home, she continued to appeal for Falun Dafa and clarify the truth about the persecution. As a result, she was sent to the No. Three Mental Hospital in Binzhou City, Shandong Province by the local government officials and has not been back home since.