Latest News from China - 10/12/2003
- [Menghuan, Guizhou Province] Dafa Practitioners Are Illegally Arrested by Police
- [Jilin Province] Fabricating Lies Has Become Second Nature to Police Officers in Women's Forced Labor Camp
- [Nanzhao, Henan Province] Three Practitioners Are Illegally Detained in the Local Detention Center for a Long Time
- [Southwestern China] Practitioners in a City Hold a Small Fa Meeting
- [Guizhou Province] Zhongba Farm Illegally Detains and Brutally Persecutes Dafa Practitioners
- [Beijing] Dongcheng District and Chaoyang District Police Abduct Many Dafa Practitioners
- [Handan, Hebei Province] Guangmingqiao Police Illegally Detain and Brutally Torture Dafa Practitioners
- [Sichuan Province] Overseas Practitioners' Truth-telling Telephone Calls
- [Huanan County, Heilongjiang] Dafa Practitioner Guo Renai Is Illegally Arrested by Police
1. [Menghuan, Guizhou Province] Dafa Practitioners Are Illegally Arrested by Police
On the night of October 3, while five Dafa practitioners were on their way to Mengguan, they were reported to police by a farmer, and were illegally arrested by the Mengguan police. On the way to the police station, the Dafa practitioners clarified the truth to the farmer, and told him the principle "good is rewarded with good and evil meets with evil," and advised him not to turn in practitioners again. The person was touched by the Dafa practitioners' compassion, and truly realized that what he did was wrong.
Dafa practitioners were interrogated by a Huaxi police officer and a Guiyang Public Security Bureau First Unit (which is also "610 Office"*) officer, Peng, and Jia, until 4:00 a.m. the next morning. Finally they were detained in the Baihuashan Detention Center. Three practitioners refused to reveal their names and addresses. They went on a hunger strike for three days to protest. Three days later a family member came and got one college student out. We have further information on the other practitioners.
Police officers who were involved:
Mengguan Police: Zhang Bing (30 years old)
Huaxi Police: Ma Zhangzhong (Police Chief)
Public Security Bureau First Unit: Peng and Jia (heads)
* "610 Office" is an agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political and judiciary systems.
2. [Jilin Province] Fabricating Lies Has Become Second Nature to Police Officers in Women's Forced Labor Camp
In June 2003, Jilin Province Women's Forced Labor Camp held a so-called "Regulate Education Examination" (one brainwashing method of degrading Falun Gong). One month before the exam, they printed out the test and the answers. They instructed all detained Falun Gong practitioner to copy the answers to prepare for the exam. Although they urged again and again, only a few people followed their instructions. Most practitioners did not copy, and did not answer those questions on the exam that degraded Dafa. However, later we heard that everyone scored above 80 and 90 percent, including those who did not participate in the exam. It turned out that after the exam, the detention center asked others to write down answers for everyone, including those who did not take the exam. Many people did not know that others had turned in the exams for them to the supervisors.
One day during the SARS epidemic, the Detention Center suddenly asked everyone to stop working, and locked all the materials and tools in a garage. Only a few small tables and chairs were allowed in the work place. This was to create a false image showing that people were not working, and all they did was study and rest. During that time, the prisoners all had smiles on their faces because they could rest. They usually worked 15 to 16 hour days. However, 3 to 4 days later, the garage was opened, and the "study place" became a work place again. The intensive work schedule started again. Later, people learned that the arrangement was to show this to supervisors during an inspection.
3. [Nanzhao, Henan Province] Three Practitioners Are Illegally Detained in the Local Detention Center for a Long Time
Dafa practitioners Ms. Chen Guilian, Ms. Yang Yuhua, and Dong Jinduo, from the Nanzhao Area, Henan Province, were illegally detained for a long time. Chen Guilian and Yang Yuhua were sentenced to three and a half years and three years respectively. They were to be transferred to other labor camps, but were not accepted. They remained in the Nanzhao Detention Center to be persecuted for a long time. Dong Jinduo was persecuted on five separate occasions.
4. [Southwestern China] Practitioners in a City Hold a Small Fa Meeting
On October 4, a city in southwestern China successfully held a small Fa meeting. They studied the Fa together, sent forth righteousness thoughts, and then discussed how to do well on the "three things" taught by Teacher. They discussed how to upgrade themselves and promote the whole body's improvement, how to help fellow practitioners with understanding and compassion, and also rescue all beings. They discussed how to rescue fellow practitioners illegally detained, and how to focus on spreading the news of Jiang's trials, and "Minghui Weekly." They also discussed maintaining accurate information submitted online, and so on. Discussing open-mindedly, they looked for areas of improvement in order to enhance Fa understanding, and to achieve the purpose of encouraging each other and improving together.
5. [Guizhou Province] Zhongba Farm Illegally Detains and Brutally Persecutes Dafa Practitioners
Guizhou Zhongba Farm continues to relentlessly persecute Falun Gong practitioners. The unit recently established a so-called "Destroy Firm-Belief Group," letting a female group work on male practitioners and a male group work on female practitioners. On July 22, 2003, the highest court announced to news media the punishing of people responsible for violating "special item clean up and correction for overterm detention." Zhongba Farm violated the law intentionally by holding detainees overterm. They illegally detained Guigang area English teacher Ms. Wu Mingju, Guiyang area electric factory worker Ms. Zhang Juying, and other Dafa practitioners overterm.
6. [Beijing] Dongcheng District and Chaoyang District Police Abduct Many Dafa Practitioners
After Beijing Dafa practitioner Chen Jingxiao was illegally arrested on September 28, 2003, we obtained inside information from the public safety department that it was part of a large-scale persecution. Before National Day, Beijing City Dongcheng District and Chaoyang District police teamed up, arrested many practitioners, and detained them in a secret brainwashing place. Even staff did not know where the place was. It was said that the session would last 15 days. We do not know how many people were detained and have no information of the persecution plan.
7. [Handan, Hebei Province] Guangmingqiao Police Illegally Detain and Brutally Torture Dafa Practitioners
On June 2, 2002, a young male Dafa practitioner was arrested at the Wangwang Net Cafe, Handan, Hebei Province. On that day, the police used all kinds of torture on him, until he could not move. The next day he was sent to the City First Detention Center, and was assigned a number "602" (because he refused to reveal his name to avoid further persecution). The detention center should not have accepted him because he was in critical condition. However, he was irresponsibly dragged into the center and left on the ground handcuffed for a few days. The young man had been on a hunger strike to protest the persecution. He had been in critical condition many times. He had difficulties taking care of himself.
8. [Sichuan Province] Overseas Practitioners' Truth-telling Telephone Calls
Some time ago in Sichuan Province, people received many overseas telephone recordings clarifying the truth. We received the phone call at home too. There was music first, then the recording. Evil people were extremely shocked. They established a special group to investigate two things: the telephone recordings and the truth-telling flyers being distributed in the streets. They even purchased an investigation vehicle which was worth over 1,000,000 Yuan,* and drove it all over the place.
* Yuan is the Chinese currency. The average monthly salary of an urban worker in China is 500 Yuan.
9. [Huanan County, Heilongjiang] Dafa Practitioner Guo Renai Is Illegally Arrested by Police
On August 22, 2003, Guo Renai, a Dafa practitioner in Huanan County, Heilongjiang Province, was arrested by the police for clarifying the truth to others. Guo was detained in a local detention center. After July 20, Guo appealed in Beijing to validate Dafa, and was detained in Beijing for seven months. During that time Guo was tortured. They used a toothbrush to brush Guo's nostrils and a mop to cover his mouth. Guo was also handcuffed from behind. After being released, Guo was sent to the detention center by the local public safety department for appealing in Beijing. Later Guo was sent to the Jiamusi Labor Camp for continued persecution, and was once in critical condition.