Case One: Zhang Yanyong obtained the Fa in 1998. Because he was the assistant for the practice site, in July, 1999 he was arrested and detained in the Drug Rehabilitation Center for 2 months. Immediately after his release, he organized an experience-sharing meeting and then went to Beijing to appeal with his nephew. In Beijing he was arrested and sent back. In fact his whole family was arrested. In addition, the police took away their tractor, and left their commercial fish pond [where fish are raised for resale] unattended, resulting in losses of more than 20,000 Yuan [Chinese currency, the average monthly income of an urban worker is about 500 Yuan].

Zhang Yanyong was illegally sentenced to two years in a forced labor camp, and was released in February 2002. After he returned home he organized an experience-sharing meeting with other practitioners. March 6 was the local "Falun Dafa Day," and that night he joined other practitioners to do truth-clarifying work. On March 7 he and his wife were arrested and sentenced to 12 and 8 year prison terms respectively. Their 16-year-old son was left with no one to take care of him. A happy family was thus torn apart because of the persecution. (Note: Among the practitioners who participated in the truth-clarifying work on March 6, 2002, a total of 50 were persecuted, with 15 practitioners illegally sentenced to forced labor camp and 10 to prison terms.)

Case Two: Wang Zhexin obtained the Fa in 1998. In October 1999, police ransacked his house and found Dafa materials and books. The couple was arrested and detained for a month. In February 2002, right after the Chinese New Year, Wang Zhexin spent 8 days riding a bicycle to reach Beijing. Because he had financial difficulties, he begged for food all the way there. Furious, the local police took him back and sentenced him to one and a half years in a forced labor camp. After he was released, he and his wife continued to do Dafa work. On March 6, 2002, the couple were arrested while doing truth-clarifying work, and sentenced to 10 and 7 year prison terms respectively. Now there are a 9-year-old girl and a 78-year-old grandmother left with no one to take care of them.

Case Three: Tan Dexin began practicing Falun Dafa in 1997. Three of his family members practice Dafa as well. When Tan Dexin went to Beijing to validate Dafa on January 11, 2000 he was returned to his hometown and illegally sentenced to one and a half year in a forced labor camp. He was brutally tortured in the forced labor camp, and by the time of his release his weight had dropped to about 80 lb. On March 6, 2002, he was arrested while doing truth-clarifying work, and was illegally sentenced to a 12 year prison term. His father and mother were sentenced to 7 and 3 year prison terms respectively. Because nobody was left at home in his family, a lot of the family's property, including cows and sheep, was stolen.

The police in Yongchang County: Liu Fuhai, Li Guoyu, Chen Ba, Li Bin (retired).

January 8, 2003