(Clearwisdom.net) Just after 8:00 p.m. on July 22, 1999, we came to the downtown area of Beijing from the airport. The radio on the airport shuttle bus repeatedly played a CCTV bulletin along the way. We arrived at Changan Street and I asked an elderly woman for directions. She said, "Are you going to Tiananmen Square? There are many Falun Gong practitioners there."

At about 9:00 p.m. we got off the bus at Xidan, west of Tiananmen Square. There were many practitioners in the street and most of them were not local. Policemen stood every five meters apart. We got the news from overseas reports on the morning of July 22 that many practitioners were coming to Beijing.

At 10:00 p.m. we met a group of elderly women from Shunyi County in a Beijing suburb. Together we took a rest beside a street. At night, whenever the off-duty policemen passed by, they would berate us. One woman was found copying a note. The police officers questioned her. Later the police singled out a young man from Inner Mongolia who passed the note to her and beat him brutally in a side street. Because I was afraid to be recognized as someone from out-of-town by my accent, I didn't stand up. But I couldn't sleep well for the whole night.

On the morning of July 23, after a quick breakfast, we got on a bus at Route 107, passed Beihai Park and got off the bus near Zhongnanhai. It was about 8:30 a.m. and it was already quite warm. Many armed police officers appeared at the intersections. We were all arrested and sent in police vans to the west gate of Beihai Park. Police officers started to count the number of people from different provinces. At 10:00 a.m. large public buses arrived. We were all forced to get on the buses. The police kicked and viciously beat those practitioners who refused to get onto the buses.

The buses drove out of Beihai Park together and turned onto Changan Street through Fuyou Street. It was the place where the great peaceful appeal of "April 25th " took place three month earlier. We started to recite "Lunyu" from Zhuan Falun in unison. The resounding voices crossed over the red wall of Zhongnanhai and spread far away. Seeing this scene and witnessing the magnificent feat of these great cultivators, I couldn't help crying. All the vehicles and passersby on the Changan Street heard our unified voices. I will never forget this moving scene.

The bus arrived at the Fengtai Sports Center. There were already 5,000 to 7,000 practitioners there. They applauded all newcomers warmly, ignoring the police officers loud exhortations to stop. Through conversations we got to know there were about ten sports centers in Beijing where the practitioners were detained. Each one could hold more than 5,000 people. To calculate the flow, there would be 50,000 people per day. There could be up to 400,000 in 10 days. Considering the practitioners who arrived in the suburbs of Beijing and couldn't come into Beijing, there would be another 600,000 people.

The practitioners were gathered according to where they came from. There were already 30 practitioners there from our remote province. We were very proud of ourselves that we didn't let down Dafa and Master. Facing the evil and frenzied persecution, we were calm and unperturbed.

At the Fengtai Sports Center, we saw with our own eyes that an 80-year-old woman from Shunyi County was accompanied by a grandson, in handcuffs. Some practitioners were searched and found to have Falun Dafa books with them. The police officers beat their heads viciously with the books. At that time, the temperature was up to 40 o C (104 degrees F) and the road surface temperature was near 50 o C (122 degrees F). Although it was hot, the sunlight was diffused by a layer of air pollution.

When the heat made me feel bad and my leather shoes were burning hot, I really wanted to stand at the place in back that was not quite so hot. But there were practitioners behind me as well. Where would they stay? So I just steeled my heart and calmly accepted the situation.

At about 2:00 p.m. we were sent to our provincial Beijing liaison office that later became the most evil place where the most serious methods of persecution were conducted. We spent a night in a small room and then were forcibly sent back to our hometown, to be detained further.

For over three and a half years, many practitioners have continued to be steadfast in our belief and assist Master in Fa-rectification in the human world. We have experienced many tribulations and have become more mature. Recalling that very year, it seems it just happened yesterday. It is the most glorious and magnificent feat in my life and beyond. I witnessed the benevolence of Master, the mighty power of Dafa, and the greatness of the practitioners. It will forever be preserved in the history of the universe and manifest the mighty virtue of Master, Dafa and the practitioners.